Dominican Republic to be 'Socially Cleaned' in today

Don't get how Dominicans proudly rep spanish blood

So proud to claim the people who raped your ancestors. :smh:

That's like Black people in the US running around claiming Irish/British/Welsh

We don't have a choice ! lol that is where some of our ancestors came from, the same way we know we have African and Tiano blood as well. You want us to just rep African blood and that would make ya happy or something ? lol Dumbest argument people have about Dominicans i swear

You can rep African and Tiano but biggin' up the slave masters for raping your ancestors?

Nah I can't rock with that.

You can rep African and Tiano but biggin' up the slave masters for raping your ancestors?

Nah I can't rock with that.

So we can rep African and Tiano only, got it, thanks !

:rolleyes

BTW its not like we're proud of what our ancestors did to the indigenous Tianos, but we can't do anything about that now. Just like when America was concurred and they raped and tortured the indigenous American Indians, yet America is the most proud country in the world and brags about all their accomplishments. I guess i can only speak for myself but I'm proud of everything that makes me Dominican, not gonna pick and choose which of my blood line to rep lol

I call it a infatuation because the topic seems to come up more often than not. We have tons of Carribean (Jamaican, Trini, etc) African and European black migrants in this country who look down on and refuse to be labeled AA but that's never discussed. Probably because we're in the country being looked down on in that aspect.

As far as Dominicans not repping African ancestry, don't let a handful of broken Spanish speaking Americans of Dominican descent dictate who we are or aren't. On the island, most know and respect who we are and where we come from and that's more than evident in our music, costumes, food and traditions.

biglou2n biglou2n

Like I said my ancestors(Most black people who's ancestors were slaves) were raped too but I'll be damned if I ever rep the slave master.

You can rep whatever you want but don't deny the African blood.

The music, food, dances are from Africans and Natives.

Only the wise know this. U can be white and Hispanic as well. But nobody wants to be black. I'm still confused why Rachel D. wants to be black. Had she not identified as black all of her personal info wouldn't be made public like it is now.

But I've heard about the issue of the Haitians being to the DR what Mexicans are to the U.S. never read into how bad it was or anything like that.

Everyone with a brain knows this. It's the entire point of something like half the thread

biglou2n biglou2n

Like I said my ancestors(Most black people who's ancestors were slaves) were raped too but I'll be damned if I ever rep the slave master.

You can rep whatever you want but don't deny the African blood.

The music, food, dances are from Africans and Natives.

Thats cool you're entitled to your own opinion/morals/beliefs.. I myself am proud of every different heritage in my bloodline that makes us Dominicans and helped create our culture (music,dance,food)

The irony in the spaniard's conquest of Hispaniola is, would we even have African roots if it were not for the spaniard bringing them over as slaves ?

At the end of the day we are who we are, no point of picking and choosing which we will rep and which we will deny.

Side Note: I did my ancestry DNA test and my results were: 62% European, 23% African, 10% Native American (Tiano), 4% West Asia, 1% Asia.. pretty cool knowing your own history.

That's what I've heard. It's already hard to get work, then u have ppl coming in taking the little bit of work available for lower pay.

There's no real fascination w/ Dominicans on here, it's just that they try their hardest to disassociate themselves w/ African culture when they have African blood in them, some more than most. It's one thing to acknowledge it and be proud to be Dominican and another to be like "Nah, not true"

Having a job is like the easiest thing to verify. Instead of verifying who does and who doesnt they kick everyone out?

Complete ********. They know why they kicked the Haitians out.

So why everybody surprise, black are the most hated race on earth since the birth of the earth, nobody like us, when they come in U.S, these immigrants act like they wanted to be black because our culture is a symbol of america, but they don't like the color of your skin, your hair, your nose, etc. They all think they're superior to black. Hispanics living in U.S are not different, just hypocrite. Caucasian european descendant are evil, but they're less evil than these brown skin immigrants, history taught us about white evil acts against black, but arab slavery was 10x worse in term of cruelty, even today arabs are still deny it and doesn't care to recognize it. So why are we surprised that some brown skin people with inferior complex hate dark skin people. I stay far away from these brown skin immigrants, i don't shop in their store, i don't talk to them and i won't go in their countries as an tourist, plain and simple, if every black do the same, i bet you a hundred bucks they will get the message. 

I wanna vomit at the amount of anger and hate in this post....you can't control how other people are, you can only control yourself and the way you sound, you are legit NO DIFFERENT than a white supremacist.

While there is plenty racism in DR is really no different than any other Hispanic nation, you guys are quick to judge a situation you legit have 0 info on, most of you have never even lived there to know how the dynamics between Haitians and Dominicans are....there is good and bad people on both sides, stop it with the generalizations on Dominicans, plenty of Dominicans embrace their African roots, but they also don't identify as AfricanAmericans....is sad that you can't simply accept the fact they identify as simply Dominicans, jut like any other nation identifies as their own, Venezuelans, Colombians, puertoricans, Mexicans, etc, all were colonized by Europeans who brought with them slaves, but NT never loses sleep about other nationalities not embracing their African roots to full extent, honestly if I was Dominican is be annoyed with this whole mentality NT has.

While there is plenty racism in DR is really no different than any other Hispanic nation, you guys are quick to judge a situation you legit have 0 info on, most of you have never even lived there to know how the dynamics between Haitians and Dominicans are....there is good and bad people on both sides, stop it with the generalizations on Dominicans, plenty of Dominicans embrace their African roots, but they also don't identify as AfricanAmericans....is sad that you can't simply accept the fact they identify as simply Dominicans, jut like any other nation identifies as their own, Venezuelans, Colombians, puertoricans, Mexicans, etc, all were colonized by Europeans who brought with them slaves, but NT never loses sleep about other nationalities not embracing their African roots to full extent, honestly if I was Dominican is be annoyed with this whole mentality NT has.
I dont see Afro-Colombians walking around talking about I'm not black. I don't see Afro-Venezuelans being revoked their citizenship.

The DR is the poster child for self hate and they keep proving it all the time with stuff like this. Thats why they get the most ****.

I get what your saying. Im haitian, i have part domincan family by blood and by marraige. I understand that not every domincan feels that way. But the point is about them claim this or not claiming that. Its about condemning others for having something in them that they have themselves. Obviously everyone over there was of the accepting mindset and acknowledged that they have the same roots we wouldnt be having this ethnic clenising right now. NT definitely looks down on any view point that looks down afro lineage. and theres nothing wrong with that

haitians and Dominicans are the same people. Ones self identification is different than how the world sees you. In America you can claim your white Spanish etc but your self identification doesn't dictate how society will see and judge you. It's the funniest ****, whites still see dark curly haired Dominicans as black or other and not European lol.

Last edited:
I dont see Afro-Colombians walking around talking about I'm not black. I don't see Afro-Venezuelans being revoked their citizenship.
The DR is the poster child for self hate and they keep proving it all the time with stuff like this. Thats why they get the most ****.

Bruh I was borned and lived in Colombia, trust that is no different there, racism exists EVERYWHERE....my uncle married and had my cousin with a woman that can seriously pass as Nigerian if she doesn't open her mouth, her entire family as well, they dealt with racism from other Colombians often....however we are all Colombians, just different shades, different concentrations of African roots, that's the thing you guys can't grasp about Hispanics, is not just black and white with us, we are a melting pot....Dominicans are not walking around claiming to be white bro, they just are not claiming to be black either...is simple, we are all hispanic, Dominican, Ecuadorean, Colombian, Panamanian.

Thing with DR is racism which is no different than any other Hispanic nation, mixed with years and years of this civil battle over this land, which is very one sided...you have thousands of Haitians migrating to DR overpopulating their land, no nation will be ok with this, I was talking to my mominlaw, and this didn't just happen over night which is the impression many of you have, they been talking about this for 2 years, they warned all Haitians residing in DR to get documented...they were given a deadline to do so, the deadline is up, I wasn't aware of this, but sometimes is good to gain perspective from people that actually LIVE there, the media has a way to twist things....yes is a fact, there is racism, but this whole situation isn't solely based off the color of the skin of Haitians....DR needs to set some boundaries to protect their land just like the U.S. would or any other country....you don't see Dominicans migrating by the thousands over to Haiti....is not because they are appalled by the darker pigment, is because Haiti has nothing to offer...that's why Haitians themselves are trying to escape their own land in search for a better life.

Bruh I was borned and lived in Colombia, trust that is no different there, racism exists EVERYWHERE....my uncle married and had my cousin with a woman that can seriously pass as Nigerian if she doesn't open her mouth, her entire family as well, they dealt with racism from other Colombians often....however we are all Colombians, just different shades, different concentrations of African roots, that's the thing you guys can't grasp about Hispanics, is not just black and white with us, we are a melting pot....Dominicans are not walking around claiming to be white bro, they just are not claiming to be black either...is simple, we are all hispanic, Dominican, Ecuadorean, Colombian, Panamanian.

Thing with DR is racism which is no different than any other Hispanic nation, mixed with years and years of this civil battle over this land, which is very one sided...you have thousands of Haitians migrating to DR overpopulating their land, no nation will be ok with this, I was talking to my mominlaw, and this didn't just happen over night which is the impression many of you have, they been talking about this for 2 years, they warned all Haitians residing in DR to get documented...they were given a deadline to do so, the deadline is up, I wasn't aware of this, but sometimes is good to gain perspective from people that actually LIVE there, the media has a way to twist things....yes is a fact, there is racism, but this whole situation isn't solely based off the color of the skin of Haitians....DR needs to set some boundaries to protect their land just like the U.S. would or any other country....you don't see Dominicans migrating by the thousands over to Haiti....is not because they are appalled by the darker pigment, is because Haiti has nothing to offer...that's why Haitians themselves are trying to escape their own land in search for a better life.

Ok, so lets say someone couldn't grasp such a simple concept, that being latin is a mixed bag, and racism exists everywhere. But through your insight we're all enlightened. Now what? stop having opinions on the subject? beyond that, what is your clear, concise point?

The English/French caribbean more or less has the same history just change Spain for France or England. So don't tell me I don't have a clue. We too have mixtures from asia, europe, africa, and the americas but you dont see us expelling our darker or more chinese looking or more indian looking countrymen.

Furthermore I didnt say there wasnt racism in the rest of Latin America. I said other countries are not going to the same lengths that the DR is.

However you do bring up a valid point. If there was a deadline reaching back 2 years ago that is a problem if hundreds of thousands of people aren't getting registered. Then you have to ask how much did the government try and make people aware this was going to happen or did they quietly implement the plan and spring it on them at the last possible second?

That you guys need to stop with the generalizations and judgement on Dominicans as a whole...maybe talk to some of the older Dominican folks that lived there and let them give you some insight, better than that of which you have gotten from Ninjahood.

This is not just about race man....is a country trying to take control of their own land....don't be so quick to judge, yall.

Many Dominicans are upset about this situation, many Dominicans have Haitian family members, many Dominicans shelter, Employ and care for their Haitian brothers, but DR is DR and Haiti is Haiti....just like US is US and Mexico and Canada are two separate nations with their own border control.

That you guys need to stop with the generalizations and judgement on Dominicans as a whole...maybe talk to some of the older Dominican folks that lived there and let them give you some insight, better than that of which you have gotten from Ninjahood.

This is not just about race man....is a country trying to take control of their own land....don't be so quick to judge, yall.

Many Dominicans are upset about this situation, many Dominicans have Haitian family members, many Dominicans shelter, Employ and care for their Haitian brothers, but DR is DR and Haiti is Haiti....just like US is US and Mexico and Canada are two separate nations with their own border control.

We understand, and know this. A vid was posted earlier of NY Dominicans protesting this. Again, now what?

The English/French caribbean more or less has the same history just change Spain for France or England. So don't tell me I don't have a clue. We too have mixtures from asia, europe, africa, and the americas but you dont see us expelling our darker or more chinese looking or more indian looking countrymen.

Furthermore I didnt say there wasnt racism in the rest of Latin America. I said other countries are not going to the same lengths that the DR is.

However you do bring up a valid point. If there was a deadline reaching back 2 years ago that is a problem if hundreds of thousands of people aren't getting registered. Then you have to ask how much did the government try and make people aware this was going to happen or did they quietly implement the plan and spring it on them at the last possible second?

This was based on what my motherinlaw was telling me, she just came back to the states and had spent all winter there, apparently this is not an over night thing, everyone was warned and informed on how to go about avoiding this exodus....apparently a lot of people simply slept on it and now that ***** got real, the panic button has been pushed.

White people got a 500 year history of ******* over black people so you're god damn right you ******* coward
Coward? 
laugh.gif

I am not Caucasian and don't know where you got that idea from. I simply commented because you always make everything Black vs. White; it's quite sad.

Back
Top Bottom