Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

Peabrain, I just got my black angelus paint and paint duller today because I wanted to paint the midsoles back black on my black cement 3's because they're chipping pretty bad. How much duller would you recommended I use to get an original look? Thanks for any help.
Hey,

If you have an eye dropper, I recommend 4.5ml of duller for every 1 ounce of paint (just as turtlefeathers does)

If you didnt buy the eye dropper, just use it modestly, a little duller goes a long way, you dont need to use very much to dull a lot

For the amount of paint that would fit in the crater of your palm, I would use 1, maybe 2 drops of duller

Last edited:
Hey Flo,

Glad you went ahead and got those paints,

As for the clear acrylic finisher, you dont need it, all its going to do is add Sheen (Shine)

And you dont want your midsole or leather to shine,

if anything you might want to add some angelus duller to matte the colour

Many people do this especially when repainting midsoles because they dont like the already fairly high shine angelus paints gives off

Hope this helps
10x man :smile: i will blend the paint with the duller as you`ve told the other guy in the post above 
happy.gif

hi i bought some beater threes and they have scuffs on the upper due to age what do you use on the leather to bring back to white again?

hi i bought some beater threes and they have scuffs on the upper due to age what do you use on the leather to bring back to white again?
I would try using a Mr. Clean magic eraser, if the scuff still doesnt come off

try lightly rubbing some acetone with a cotton ball on it

Hey how did you fix the white leather cracks on the taxis? I just got a pair and everything great except for that any advice??

For Retr0brite all you need is:

Oxiclean

Hydrogen Peroxide

Baking soda

Old Toothbrush (or something similar to apply the mixture on shoes)

Saran Wrap

and a Plastic Cup

Few tips:

When you microwave the hydrogen peroxide and Baking Soda, do it in 15 second increments

This is because everyones microwave is different, some are stronger, some arent 

You will end up with a better consistency of gel if you do it in increments

Also,  When you apply the Oxiclean, it may foam up... a lot, so keep an eye on it, because it tends to overflow

Hope this helps
I thought it was corn starch not baking soda or does it not matter and they both work.

I need my concords restored midsole and sole separation, i tried it. might have to go and buy a sole swap sz 11.5

Peabrain,

I wanna say that it's very impressive what you're doing. Not only your work, but your willingness to help others restore their own shoes.  I have seen many people here that love to show off their work, but stay mum on their techniques.  Props kind sir! 

Peabrain,

I wanna say that it's very impressive what you're doing. Not only your work, but your willingness to help others restore their own shoes.  I have seen many people here that love to show off their work, but stay mum on their techniques.  Props kind sir! 
I really appreciate the kind words Nuggets...

and I know how it feels to ask questions and 9/10 times not even get a response, and If I did, they would give me a quote on how much they charge instead of giving simple advice

So I try my best to help anyone that needs it
Hi Peabrain,

Gotta give you props on the fantastic work you're doing.  I would like to know how you cleaned your cali's?  I have a pair that is almost the same condition you had it in.  How did you get them so clean and to the point they even look ds???
Thanks Manila,

The Calis were in pretty good condition when I got them, I really just tried to focus on removing the creases

To do that, I stuffed the toebox really hard, did the Iron method and painted 1 or 2 light coats of angelus paint on the toebox

Pair of FR 3's I did for the NTer Sarnia19

I know I've done FR 3's before but I thought It was still fitting to post seeing as its the first restoration I've done for a fellow Nter

Before:

After:

First off, its a really great job on all the restoration bro..I just want to know if u can do a midsole swap on 1999s fire red 5s bro? I live in Toronto as well..

First off, its a really great job on all the restoration bro..I just want to know if u can do a midsole swap on 1999s fire red 5s bro? I live in Toronto as well..
Thx man,

I've actually never done a midsole swap before, so I wouldnt even know where to get started with that

I do know that they're a heck of a lot of work tho

If you keep frequentling the sneaker art forum theres a couple guys that do the midsole swaps that Im sure could help you out

I cant remember they're names off the top of my head atm though

This is truly art , love seeing good restorations . Keep it up broham .
nice work. even better that you're responding and helping others in need.
Appreciate the kind words guys!
i'm trying to get my fire red 3's restored,how can i contact Dom's Restorations?
Hey Damone,

Im actually not taking in any projects atm,

Possibly in the near future I will be though

Sorry I cant help you there but If you want to try to take it on yourself, you can pm me for any questions or help anytime

Just picked up my Fire Red 3's. I have to say they look AMAZING!! Pictures don't do them justice. On top of the great work, Peabrain is a super nice guy! Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom