Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

Hey Peabrain, amazing work bro.

I have a few questions myself......

I'm restoring a pair of Jordan XIV forest green.

I already stripped the green paint off the shoes and I'm getting ready to put on the new green angelus paint.

I still need to paint the midsole and uppers with white angelus paint.

Does it matter which part of the shoe I start painting first? Should I start with the green or should I start with the white on the uppers and midsole?

Also what is the best way to clean the white laces?

Any suggestions, tips or recommendations would be appreciated....

Another project I'm finishing up is a pair of Laney V's

On this pair I just need to ice the sole....

Here are the products I have for doing this...

Volumizer 40

Baking soda

Oxi clean

Hydrogen peroxide

And Saran wrap

What is the process to mix the retrobrite and what is the process on applying it?

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hey Kali,

I would start with the white, just because if you make a mistake and accidentally paint some white on the green parts of the midsole,
its no big deal because white is easily covered by green (the darker of the 2)

The best way I've found for cleaning white laces is a mixture of dishsoap, comet (bleach) and hot water.
Mix the 3 in a bottle and place the laces inside, put the cap back on and shake, shake, shake
Shake for a little while, when you're watching tv, or on the comp, etc
And then repeat the mixture until you're happy with the results

For Retrobrite,

Mix half a cup of Hydrogen Peroxide (liquid form) with a tablespoon of corn starch, then microwave it for 40 seconds in 20 second intervals, or until you get a gel like substance

Then mix a tablespoon of Oxiclean into it
Let the mixture sit for a couple of minutes because it should expand,

Then stir again and apply

For applying,
Just use a old paintbrush or toothbrush and put a layer on the soles
Then Saran wrap the sole and you're done... well almost lol
Next put the shoe in direct sunlight and enjoy great results!

Thanks for the response.... I really appreciate the help.

Last edited:
Yo pea whats the best shoe glue out there.. That IX i restored got sole separation even before the restoration with retrobrite.

Thanks!

Finally got done restoring my Forest Green XVI's... Thanks Peabrain for your help. Tell me what you guys think...

Before.....

After....

I purposely left the yellowing on the heel tab to give them that OG look....
Once again thanks for your help...
Laney V pics coming soon...

Thanks Peabrain, yea I tried my best on the midsole, it was a pain in the #$$, took alot of patience and touchups to get it right.....

And correction, I meant XIV's sorry......

Thanks Peabrain, yea I tried my best on the midsole, it was a pain in the #$$, took alot of patience and touchups to get it right.....

And correction, I meant XIV's sorry......
I know what you mean, Patience and Persistence is Key

Touch ups can be so frustrating when doing midsole repaints

But like anything, Practice makes Perfect

Jasons BC3's Midsole Repaint

Last edited:

( this is just a pic of the Jordan shy pink. But I have my own pair I'm working on)

I like the work you do dude, I have started to do restorations on my own sneakers but I'm having issues I have some Jordan 5 shy pinks and the suede or nubuck seems to be damaged any suggestions on how to repair it its like stiff seems it got wet and web it dried it got kinda stiff, I know they sell some angelus suded dye do u think I can use that to repaint the shoes?.... Also any links to a good video that shows the iron method for creases?.... Any help will be good and appreciated

( this is just a pic of the Jordan shy pink. But I have my own pair I'm working on)

I like the work you do dude, I have started to do restorations on my own sneakers but I'm having issues I have some Jordan 5 shy pinks and the suede or nubuck seems to be damaged any suggestions on how to repair it its like stiff seems it got wet and web it dried it got kinda stiff, I know they sell some angelus suded dye do u think I can use that to repaint the shoes?.... Also any links to a good video that shows the iron method for creases?.... Any help will be good and appreciated
Thanks Magic,

For any nubuck or suede, I always use lincoin Ez Cleaner, it works great and doesnt cost much

I havent done any suede dying before but I angelus products have never failed me before so I would give them a try

And heres a good video from RMS on the iron method

Hope this helps,

Any other questions dont hesitate to ask!

Hey Peabrain,

I think you told me you get the Lincoln ez cleaner online. What site do you get it from? Thanks.

Thanks Magic,

For any nubuck or suede, I always use lincoin Ez Cleaner, it works great and doesnt cost much

I havent done any suede dying before but I angelus products have never failed me before so I would give them a try

And heres a good video from RMS on the iron method

Hope this helps,

Any other questions dont hesitate to ask!

Thanks alot. im going to watch the video and see how it goes with my restoration.

Peabrain! Amazing job on all the restorations. They all look great.
pimp.gif

I had a question about the midsole on my shadow grey 1s. They are yellowing pretty bad. Any advice on how to get them back to normal?

pimp.gif

I had a question about the midsole on my shadow grey 1s. They are yellowing pretty bad. Any advice on how to get them back to normal?
Thanks AZ,

Try out Retrobrite, it works really well for whitening midsoles

pimp.gif

Thanks AZ,

Try out Retrobrite, it works really well for whitening midsoles

Ahh I see. I just have to get the mixture right then. Thanks Peabrain. I appreciate the help!

Been a little hiatus...

My apologizes again to everyone who currently has me restoring a shoe for them or who has put in a request

I went through some personal changes in the recent weeks

so I haven't been able to work on restorations as much as I'd like to have

but everything's all good now so I promise they'll be done soon!

I did manage to get most of Jasons DMP 6's done, still need to do a couple finishing touches

Didn't realize how bad the yellowing was on these until saw the before and afters myself lol

Before:

After:

Back
Top Bottom