Donaghy says ORL-BOS series was extended

This guy just loves the attention... I wouldn't be surprised if he has a reality show coming to VH-1 soon.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

This the same dude who said it would be Clev & LA in the Finals
smh.gif
QFT

dude is just guessing

Originally Posted by CP1708

You people still listen to this fraud? 
laugh.gif

The one who said the NBA would get Cleveland to the finals? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

not even refs can help jamison, mo, varejao
laugh.gif

I felt like Boston got the benefit of the whistle more last night and throughout the series. And when/if Boston-LA becomes apparent, he is going to come out and predict that too.

Based on the last 5 min of the 4th of last night's game, i think the Magic got some calls. When Jameer jumped into Big Baby's chest, they called that a foul on Big Baby when it was clearly a no call or a offensive foul. Also in OT, when Dwight gets the putback, he clearly shoved KG out of the way to get the rebound.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

But to me... if he's right and the league wanted to extend the series, why even let it get to be 3-0? Why give the Celtics ANY chance to sweep and end the series early?

If I'm trying to influence games to make the series go 6/7, then I make sure each team alternates wins. Or I don't let Orlando lose twice at home. I know I don't "allow" Boston to go up 3-0. If they wanted Orlando to win then where were the blatant foul calls when Boston was going on runs? Or why wouldn't they force PP or Ray Allen to foul out by phantom calls?

Am I naive to think the league or the referees are "instructed" to extend series when they can, or to favor superstars, or to do any of the sketchy things we think? No.. I certainly think things like that happen more often than people expect or realize, but I don't think it's a well oiled machine with Stern making personal phone calls to refs and laughing menacingly.
Thank you. I understand that the refs can influence the game to a certain degree. But a lot of you guys make it seem as if this is some pre-determined %*+$.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Idon't see how you can make that statement. If Boston is making shotsand Orlando isn't WHAT can the league do? Even if they are trying toinfluence? What can they do? NOTHING.
Bull %*+$.

If Orlando is NOT making shots, why don't the refs just call ticky-tacks on Boston and put the C's over the limit thereby sending the Magic (a very good ft shooting team sans Dwight) to the line every trip down the floor?

And since the Magic can't stop the Celtics from scoring, why don't the refs just help Orlando and call offensive fouls on every C's possession? Or moving screen? Or palming? Or whatever...

Also, why don't the refs simply call fouls on all the Celtic bigs thereby allowing D12 free reign of the paint?

I mean come on man.... You guys think that if the refs and Stern REALLY wanted a specific team to win, they couldn't do it?? Also, if Stern and the refs are so focused on extending series, you guys REALLY think they would let all those sweeps in the earlier rounds happen??

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Man foul calls only matter when the game is close though. As I said, the league can't play for a team. If someone is blowing another team out there is nothing the league can realistically do.

I don't see how you can make that statement. If Boston is making shots and Orlando isn't WHAT can the league do? Even if they are trying to influence? What can they do? NOTHING.
Of course they can't score for Orlando, but then they call fouls and put them on the line to balance the scoring.  Foul calls don't only matter when the game is close, that's not true at all.  As I said, if Paul Pierce or Ray Allen is on fire, and the evil Stern and powers at be are that powerful, then call 3 nonsense fouls in a row on Pierce or Ray and get them out of the game and as a result, put Orlando to the line. 

In game 3, Orlando couldn't stop Boston from scoring, if the refs were told to influence Orlando to win, then Orlando wouldn't have shot 18 foul shots to Boston's 28.  Orlando would have been at the line ALL game long to keep it closer, and they would have shot 40 foul shots and Boston only a dozen. 

I haven't been an active campaigner that every game is fixed and has been pre-determined, like I said.. I don't deny ref bias, league influence, and star treatment.  But if the "plan" is to send this series to 7, then the refs have done an awful job of it. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

You people still listen to this fraud? 
laugh.gif

The one who said the NBA would get Cleveland to the finals? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

He said they would try to get Cleveland to the finals, nobody should be surprised about Stern and the powers that be favoring a Kobe v. Lebron finals matchup. $$$.
Nobody expected the Cavs to have a total meltdown like they did. The refs couldn't even save that from happening.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Hes not saying they were told to have a certain team win, he is saying that refs will "FAVOR" the team that will make the series extend.

How could you not see it?? The Suns magically shot 40 free throws. Kind of like in the Thunder series in game 3 or 4 when the OKC shot like 40 free throws to LA's 20 something. Its not a coincidence that the Lakers magically decided to start fouling that game.

He said they would "try" to make it a cavs vs lakers but they can only go so far. I mean they cant put the damn ball in the hole for the cavs. If they miss, theres nothign the refs can do.
Yep...

Pretty peculiar how Dwight Howard pulled Perkins to the ground and cracked KG in the face and the refs called neither.
word up.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

But why extend the series? If the NBA had its two super powers sweep their opponents and face off in the finals, wouldn't they think that a ratings spike would happen?
the more games the more ticket sales, more tv commercial income, etc...  more $

The suns-lakers game 4 made a lot of you doubters of the great Tim Donaghy look reaal stupid

Originally Posted by tmoney85

The suns-lakers game 4 made a lot of you doubters of the great Tim Donaghy look reaal stupid
For those who now conveniently point to the free throw disparity as evidence the league fixes games..

Game 3 Boston vs. Orlando

Boston shoots 28 FTs, Orlando shoots 18.

If the league and refs were intending on extending the series (like Donaghy says they are), then why wasn't there a massive free throw differential between the two teams in Orlando's favor?   People will claim this game was "influenced" but why didn't the league "influence" game 3 for Orlando?  Would more foul shots necessarily give them the win?  Not necessarily.  But if their intention was to help the Magic, then the foul shots would have been disproportionally in Orlando's favor, which they weren't.

Like I've said before, I don't deny ref bias, potential league/Stern influence, and other shady factors... but we cannot look to only the examples that benefit our theories and disregard the times it doesn't fit. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

He's not making sense anymore.

I lost interest when Cleveland was eliminated after he said the NBA is forcing a Cleveland/LA series.
This. He needs to give it up already, his 15 minutes is clearly up.

Back
Top Bottom