Donaghy says ORL-BOS series was extended

DatZNasty is on point. Clearly you're one of the more logical and rational people in this thread. It bothers me how the majority here are some brash gossip loving cynics.

Donaghy is the lowest of scum, the fact that he's still relevant adds reason to why America is in such poor condition.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Of course Bostons fans would blame the refs for all their losses....
tired.gif

The Magic are the BEST team in this ECF....if you thought other wise you're a FOOL...
smh.gif

Oh no but don't worry Boston fans Stern has y'all in the Finals he just wants more money....so its all good...
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't think we would have won with Perkins last night, but that was a #+%*@@#! call.

And now because the magic win a game in overtime and blow us out once, their the best team? What ECF have you been watching?

If you truly don't believe that the refs work as agents for the NBA and are utilized by the league to draw more revenue, you're a fool. For every sweep in a series, you're losing out on as many as three playoff games worth of tickets + refreshments sold, ad revenue purchased, and current season memorabilia. After all, the NBA is a business. Having their biggest event--the playoffs--get cut short by teams sweeping their way through is bad for business.

DatZNasty is the only one in his right mind in this thread...

first off, the Magic were clearly outplaying Boston before Perkins got ejected. And actually, up until that point, Boston was getting the lean on calls in that game...it was obviously a *******t call, but it didnt swing the momentum of the game. Boston actually went on a run after he went out.

and as someone pointed out in the other thread, Vince Carter got called for Technical Foul in an even worse of a manner a couple games back (he was at the scorers table checking the replay)...

if anything, it's an indictment on horrible officiating & refs thinking they are the stars of the show (Joey Crawford seriously needs to be fired), then some type of "fix".

And also, just from an ethics standpoint, but why the hell are you people taking Donaghy's at his word? Yall was never taught this? Listen, there may be some truth in words, but you dont invest blind faith into someone with his character & background. With somebody like that, I need facts, or a grain of salt will be taken with every word. He's in the same vein as %!!!+@, crackheads, and other untrustworthy people.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

first off, the Magic were clearly outplaying Boston before Perkins got ejected. And actually, up until that point, Boston was getting the lean on calls in that game...it was obviously a *******t call, but it didnt swing the momentum of the game. Boston actually went on a run after he went out.
So, just because the Magic were outplaying Boston before the ejection, it makes the whole argument go to waste? It was only an 8 pt lead when he went out and comebacks happen all the time. Boston getting the lean on calls before the ejection? That's a joke. All 3 of our best defensive players were in foul trouble on weak calls when that technical and ejection occured. Temporary momentum doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't eventually guard their best player with his biggest nemesis in the league.

I gave up arguing with these dudes about Donaghy in the last thread. 
laugh.gif

Props to DatZ for havin the patience to keep the fight going. 

And also, just from an ethics standpoint, but why the hell are you people taking Donaghy's at his word? Yall was never taught this? Listen, there may be some truth in words, but you dont invest blind faith into someone with his character & background. With somebody like that, I need facts, or a grain of salt will be taken with every word. He's in the same vein as %!!!+@, crackheads, and other untrustworthy people.
The same reason I take Canseco's word.

laugh.gif
at all you delusional, blind dudes in here. "The games are being called fairly!" "No way refs influence games!" Seriously, some dudes in denial. Plain and simple, these series were extended for revenue purposes.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

lol Donaghy isn't saying anything new.

But that said, I don't believe the refs are corrupt. I think they're just sub-par, incompetent and biased.

You Celtic's fans are so cocky! Game 1 was close..game 2 was the Magic's game to lose. We all know the rest and you dudes are real old and banged up so this will get interesting.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

The same reason I take Canseco's word.

laugh.gif
at all you delusional, blind dudes in here. "The games are being called fairly!" "No way refs influence games!" Seriously, some dudes in denial. Plain and simple, these series were extended for revenue purposes.
take a look at this.  if celtics end up losing this series from a 3-0 lead, boston will look like idiots for a short minute and their names will be carved in stone.  first of boston bruins choke pretty badly and if celtics choke then they would be the first nba team to lose 3-0 and 5th sports team in history to lose 3-0 (if i remember correctly).  and the worst part is nobody, years from now, will mention the refs being a problem because all they would care about is the choke job.

sucks for celtics.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Hes not saying they were told to have a certain team win, he is saying that refs will "FAVOR" the team that will make the series extend.

How could you not see it?? The Suns magically shot 40 free throws. Kind of like in the Thunder series in game 3 or 4 when the OKC shot like 40 free throws to LA's 20 something. Its not a coincidence that the Lakers magically decided to start fouling that game.

He said they would "try" to make it a cavs vs lakers but they can only go so far. I mean they cant put the damn ball in the hole for the cavs. If they miss, theres nothign the refs can do.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Donaghy has huge reason. For one, he's keeping his name out there and selling books. Secondly, he obviously has an axe to grind given that he just got out of prison. He's trying to bring everyone else down with him while at the same time profiting off the whole thing. How is that "no reason to lie?" And where are these other 34 rogue refs? Where are the memos and emails and phone calls he spoke of?

Dude is making easy predictions (really? the #1 seeds are going to make the finals? way to go out on a limb) and then when he turns out to be wrong, flipping his predictions and still trying to use it as proof.

I might as well tell you I'm Jesus because i know the sun is going to come out tomorrow in Texas. I have no reason to lie.

qft

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Bennett Salvatore is reffing the game tonight. RIP Suns.

LOL you're right on the money. Dude always refs games when the home team needs some momentum. I expect the Lakers to get a ton of calls tonight.

It's pretty bad when we can find out who's reffing the game and know what's going to happen ahead of time. Before game 3 of the LAL-PHX series, I saw that the same ref who oversaw game 2 in the 08 finals in Boston (Boston 38 FT's to LA's 10) was reffing game 3 and I called that we would have a huge FT disparity. Result? PHX 42 FT's, LA 20.

and as someone pointed out in the other thread, Vince Carter got called for Technical Foul in an even worse of a manner a couple games back (he was at the scorers table checking the replay)...

if anything, it's an indictment on horrible officiating & refs thinking they are the stars of the show (Joey Crawford seriously needs to be fired), then some type of "fix".

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

I believe that the NBA does want the series to go longer, but it's UP TO THE TEAMS TO STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING.

Donaghy never said that it WILL happen, but they WANT it to happen.

The Celtics would have won if they didn't get outplayed, simple.

Don't sit here and act like the conspiracy is against the Celtics though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I believe that the NBA does want the series to go longer, but it's UP TO THE TEAMS TO STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING.

laugh.gif
No one said there's a conspiracy against the C's. The subject is getting more revenue and ads out, through extending the series. THAT is what is happening. You people need to READ the #%@%@% material before commenting.

finnns2003 wrote:
Originally Posted by bittersweet

laugh.gif
No one said there's a conspiracy against the C's. The subject is getting more revenue and ads out, through extending the series. THAT is what is happening. You people need to READ the #%@%@% material before commenting.

Will you better be the 1st C'sfan to man up and say that ORL is the best team and won fair and square IF they win it in 7...OK?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Donaghy is a liar and a fraud.
--I dont believe anything that comes out of dude's mouth.
Youre a Lakers fan, so of course youre not gonna believe anything he says. Your Lakers benefit from the refs the most

He's a clown through and through. After their second intervew, I hope DP is done giving him the attention he so craves

Back
Top Bottom