DONE DEAL: Shaq to Cleveland for Sasha Pavlovic and Ben Wallace/ EDIT: Villanueva next???

UPDATE:

Posted by PDWindhorst on 06/25/09 at 3:36PM

Minnesota deal on hold and will only happen if Rubio isn't picked at 1-4 and Minn doesn't trade the pick before then.

On a side note, Milwaukee will NOT be offering Charlie Villanueva a qualifying offer. Check out CV31's most recent tweet about where he'd like to play:

http://twitter.com/CV31

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editor's Note: Follow Brian Windhorst for updates on Twitter @PDcavsinsider.
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2009/06/like_the_cleveland_cavaliers_d.html

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

WE DIDN'T LOSE CAUSE OF OUR "SMALL" BACKCOURT. WE LOST CAUSE MIKE BROWN COACHED LIKE A *+$$%%% MORON. GO BACK AND LOOK HOW DIFFERENTLY THE LAKERS STRATEGIZED ON D COMPARED TO THE CAVS. I'M TIRED OF HEARING WE WERE TOO SMALL. IT'S BS. WE WON 66 GAMES WITH THE SAME DAMN BACKCOURT. GOT OUTCOACHED IT'S THAT DAMN SIMPLE.

Shut up.... Its hard to draw up a gameplan to get stops when you match up terribly w/ the other team.

I can't wait to see Bron and Shaq take the floor together and see how Bron adjusts his game to Shaq. Not hating but I don't think Bron will be aseffective as last season because spacing will be a problem with Shaq and Andy on the floor together. The trade was good for the cavs but I feel like theycould have gotten more (younger, more versatile players). Charlie V would fit nicely on the offensive side.

Vince to the magic!? Nice, now if they can sign hedo back i'll like it even more. Anyone think the magic should look to trade jameer? I like him a lotbut with all those scorers they need more of a passing pg.... Jameer is more of a scoring pg from what I have seen when he's effective.

Well, Shaq is an upgrade over any frontcourt player they had, so from that point of view this trade is a success. What's interesting to me, is that bothshaq and lebron dominate the ball. In order for shaq to be effective, he has to have the ball thrown into him. Now, how can the ball be thrown into him withlebron, who spends at least 16 to 17 seconds of the shot clock straight up dribbling and "pacing" as he does.

It will be interesting to see how the "LESHAQ" experiment as you guys are calling it works out next season.

Sidenote: It's a shame that two of the NBA's greatest icons (Shaq, AI) can't find a home anymore. SMH.

Me being a western confernce guy I have a question...

Is Charlie Villanueva that good? I mean in the bucks don't want him back what will he do for the cavs?

Charlie and Shaq...ya that'll do it
roll.gif

These FOOLS running this franchise/team refuse to run.

Ah well.

damn shaq taking the route of all the other big mens like ewing and hakeem. really wish he stayed on 1 or 2 teams. this is what? his 5th team?
smh.gif

Unbelievable....

SHAQ for 2 useless dudes, how can this NOT BE A GOOD DEAL...

Dudes will nitpick anything lookin for flaws...

Clevland will win fewer games, BUT BE MORE OF A PROBLEM IN THE PLAYOFFS....

No this wont guarantee a championship, BUT WHAT PLAYER WOULD????

They need to make a few more moves, BUT THIS IS A GOOD START....

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

[h1]Howard: Cavs Got Shaq To Try And Stop Me[/h1]

Jun 25, 2009 2:30 PM EST

Howard_Dwight_orl.jpg

Dwight Howard was flattered by the Cavaliers acquisition of Shaquille O'Neal.

"Looks like Cleveland just traded for big Shaq in order to try and
stop me next season," wrote Howard. "It's good to see that the Magic
are on the minds of some other teams now instead of it being the other
way around. Maybe now after getting to the Finals the little ol' Magic
won't be overlooked as much anymore.

"Those kinds of trades like the one Cleveland made just lets us know
that we have to be better next season. Those teams are gunning for us
and trying to get better, so we've got to do the same thing."

Via DwightHoward.com (H/T BallerBlogger.com)

Truth.

mYToAsterspeak:
WE DIDN'T LOSE CAUSE OF OUR "SMALL" BACKCOURT. WE LOST CAUSE MIKE BROWN COACHED LIKE A *+$$%%% MORON. GO BACK AND LOOK HOW DIFFERENTLY THE LAKERS STRATEGIZED ON D COMPARED TO THE CAVS. I'M TIRED OF HEARING WE WERE TOO SMALL. IT'S BS. WE WON 66 GAMES WITH THE SAME DAMN BACKCOURT. GOT OUTCOACHED IT'S THAT DAMN SIMPLE.
But you won... 66 games... with the same coach.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

mYToAsterspeak:
But you won... 66 games... with the same coach.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

salty.jpg

this is garbage, last thing lebron needs is shaqs bum #%# being useless on the court and running his mouth off it

This deal is good for the Cavs, anyone that says otherwise is insane. Is Shaq the Championship piece? We won't know until June 2010, and I'm certainlynot one of those saying 'Hand us the trophy.' Regardless, he's an improvement on the inside, and we got him for 2 guys that would've seen 15minutes combined during the whole season: NOTHING.

And Dwight Howard needs to STFO, much like LeBron wearing those stupid t-shirts. You haven't won #%*!, stop acting like you're the top dog...especiallywhen your team made it to the Finals hitting 3's with their eyes closed.

Villanueva: Call me crazy, but I'd take him, especially for the MLE which doesn't count against our cap. He's young, long, and can score, so whynot add that piece? Again, not necessarily THE piece, but he can spread the floor more than Varejao dreams of and his D could come around under our system.

OC, tell me you didn't actually photoshop this garbage.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Where'd ya'll steal them trophies from huh?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Some people never learn I guess. Just have to re-remind them again next year.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom