DONE DEAL: Shaq to Cleveland for Sasha Pavlovic and Ben Wallace/ EDIT: Villanueva next???

If only the Cavs would have sacked up and pulled this trade midseason, they MIGHT be holding the trophy instead of the Lake show. Shaq was very, very good thispast season....but I dont think he will have a full healthy season like the last. I honestly think the Cavs missed their oppurtunity, and even though Shaq isbetter than Wallace, I wouldnt expect him to repeat last year (stats & most importantly health).

Originally Posted by dland24

If only the Cavs would have sacked up and pulled this trade midseason, they MIGHT be holding the trophy instead of the Lake show. Shaq was very, very good this past season....but I dont think he will have a full healthy season like the last. I honestly think the Cavs missed their oppurtunity, and even though Shaq is better than Wallace, I wouldnt expect him to repeat last year (stats & most importantly health).
I couldn't agree more. Hell they could have gotten Vince Carter AND Shaq.

eek.gif

Good trade for the Cavs. I still think Boston is the team to beat in the East next yr.

celtics got a better chance at a chip w/o allen than the cavs w/ shaq. i wouldn't say it's a step backward cuz they don't really loose any keyplayers, but it's definitely not a step forward. kobe will win his 5th before bron wins his 1st.

blah!

Good move by Phx.

This team is finished, thanks to Kerr and Sarver, so may as well start rebuilding.

You can't let go of/get rid of Joe Johnson, Quentin, Kurt, Marion, Bell and Diaw in the span of 4 years and think you're making the team better.

Watch for Amare to go next, followed by a possible sign-and-trade with Nash (or else he leaves next summer for NY).

Cavs aren't getting past a healthy Boston team next year anyway.

Lakers won a championship with a 39 year old career who was than Shaq was at this point in there career, Lebron can and will do the same.

i dont know why you guys are so scared, shaq fat +$+ will just clog up the lane for lebron and it gives them one less shooter. when you got a dude like lebron,you want a whole bunch of shooters. the only thing that shaq will help with is defense.

now, if they can get rasheed, then ill start worrying.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by JsindaA

I'm interested in how Bron will play this season more than anything. His rebounding numbers are going to drop and with a still(although a bit improved) suspect jumper I can't see him scoring the same either. Definitely won't be able to drive like he has his whole career. Although it did work in Miami.........
nerd.gif

Consider that defenses can't cheat off Shaq like they did Ben Wallace...

BINGO...leaves things wide open.

The Cavs (on paper) IMO are one player away from th finals AT LEAST.

What? Ben Wallace wouldn't live on the block regardless. Did you not learn for the PHX experiment? Shaq doesn't spread the floor at all...actuallythat's impossible for a post player to do. Shooters spread out the floor. Which is exactly why I said that in my first post. Bron had space to operatemainly because he had no post presence. Shaq pretty much eliminates one side of the floor and he can't run pick and roll, which would be the only way tofree up space. So.....Bron is not gonna have the same looks as usual. Consider the last time he had a post presence(Boozer) he averaged 20 5 and 5. Franklyyou're out of you mind if you think Bron is going to produce the same or more with Shaq down low.....that is NOT happening. His numbers will drop

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

I'm interested in how Bron will play this season more than anything. His rebounding numbers are going to drop and with a still(although a bit improved) suspect jumper I can't see him scoring the same either. Definitely won't be able to drive like he has his whole career. Although it did work in Miami.........
nerd.gif

Consider that defenses can't cheat off Shaq like they did Ben Wallace...

BINGO...leaves things wide open.

The Cavs (on paper) IMO are one player away from th finals AT LEAST.

What? Ben Wallace wouldn't live on the block regardless. Did you not learn for the PHX experiment? Shaq doesn't spread the floor at all...actually that's impossible for a post player to do. Shooters spread out the floor. Which is exactly why I said that in my first post. Bron had space to operate mainly because he had no post presence. Shaq pretty much eliminates one side of the floor and he can't run pick and roll, which would be the only way to free up space. So.....Bron is not gonna have the same looks as usual. Consider the last time he had a post presence(Boozer) he averaged 20 5 and 5. Frankly you're out of you mind if you think Bron is going to produce the same or more with Shaq down low.....that is NOT happening. His numbers will drop
LeBron will get his regardless. We're not talking about Tracy McGrady here...

Back
Top Bottom