Don't post in this thread. Find the official gta V thread. K thx

^ word. I just got done playing LA Noire a few months ago, not trying to play a rehashed + a modern day version of that *$%%... take GTA overseas. Like in Paris or Hong Kong or somethin.

New GTA
pimp.gif

Haven't played in years.

This is gonna be crazy.

I can't believe that some of you are hating on GTAIV. It was excellent, the story was deep and really made you care about the character. You are right in that it felt different than past versions. It was more story driven, less go screw around in the city and get stars. I personally loved it, and so did almost every critic.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

^ word. I just got done playing LA Noire a few months ago, not trying to play a rehashed + a modern day version of that *$%%... take GTA overseas. Like in Paris or Hong Kong or somethin.

Been saying this since San Andreas came out.
Please just take it overseas. London would be cool. Paris, Hong Kong and Tokyo would be dope too.
Or just travel around Europe

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Please just take it overseas. London would be cool. Paris, Hong Kong and Tokyo would be dope too.
Yakuza
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Yakuza
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Yakuza
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't think that's the same as GTA though. I did just order a PS3 yesterday so I gotta pick that game up too

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Finally a reason to buy a new 360.

Has it even been confirmed that it's not for the next generation of consoles? If the very first trailer they have for it is now, then the game could be a year away. And by then, the new consoles will be out.

Anyway, hope they keep the detail for the city from GTA IV, while adding some rural areas like in San Andreas. And most of all, the horrible physics engine from IV has got to go and never return.
Sony nor Microsoft have new consoles coming out in the next year.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Finally a reason to buy a new 360.

Has it even been confirmed that it's not for the next generation of consoles? If the very first trailer they have for it is now, then the game could be a year away. And by then, the new consoles will be out.

Anyway, hope they keep the detail for the city from GTA IV, while adding some rural areas like in San Andreas. And most of all, the horrible physics engine from IV has got to go and never return.
Sony nor Microsoft have new consoles coming out in the next year.

Yep,the new PS and Xbox are coming out in 2013 not next yr.

Game is current gen and it takes place in America.They started working on the framework of the engine after GTA4(which is an updated R.A.G.E. engine used in 4) the game will be written slightly more whimsically but still have dark serious undertones. Also the signifigance of the 5 in the logo is relative to the plot. That's all I can say because frankly I was told this info by someone who works at the company and is very high up the food chain and I have a personal and professional relationship with and I respect them. Oh and rural areas will return considering the map is gargantuan
wink.gif
ala San andreas meets red dead. Plot is dope and relevant to the state of America another
wink.gif

Instacop regardless of where it's at. I really want a San Andreas sequel or even put the homie CJ as the lead. San Andreas= Best GTA ever

http://kotaku.com/5853279/grand-theft-auto-v-will-be-set-in-los-angeles-may-star-multiple-characters
lagtav.jpg

[h1]Grand Theft Auto V Will Be Set in Los Angeles, May Star Multiple Characters[/h1]

Strengthening long-standing rumors for years that the next Grand Theft Auto would be set in Los Angeles or a fictional version thereof, a source familiar with the game told Kotaku today that those rumors are true. GTA V will be set in some version of L.A., bringing the famous franchise to a place that last got the GTA treatment in the series' top-selling Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. (So much for our other dream GTA V cities.)

We're also hearing from multiple sources that the game will feature more than just one playable character. That would seem to be a natural evolution for the series. Following the release of the PlayStation 2's Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto Vice City, PSP games set in the same cities as those console games let players control a single new character apiece. Those portable games helped establish the idea that there's more than one life worth living in a Rockstar-madeGTA city.

Then, following the release of Grand Theft Auto IV the series' creators at Rockstar Games allowed gamers to play as a second and then a third character in the exact same high-definition version of Liberty City. Those who bought the base game and the two downloadable episodes could choose from the GTA IV's menu whether to play as Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz or Luis Lopez. Each had their own lengthy, interesting and distinct playable story. A GTA V that features more than one playable hero would extend this concept further.

Back when GTA IV was being shown to press, Rockstar representatives would stress the importance of the number in the title. As successful as Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas were, they noted, it was the game that preceded them, GTA III that was a paradigm shift. They hoped and believed that GTA IV, by being a numbered game would have and merit some outsized influence of its own. If that is still the company's philosophy, then after Grand Theft Auto IV's un-numbered episodes, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, a numbered GTA V should again merit special attention. Shifting cities was not sufficient cause for a new numbered GTA before. A change to the series' formula, however, one that gives players more than one controllable character, would.

Rockstar has had a lot of experience with L.A., working with Team Bondi to create a mid-20th-century version of it for this year's L.A. Noire, presenting a drive-able version in Midnight Cluband, most famously of all, turning it into the amazing Los Santos as one of three featured cities in GTA: San Andreas.

Rockstar Games did not respond to requests for comment about GTA V today. Should we hear them, we'll update this piece. Otherwise, look for the official trailer for the new game on November 2.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif