Donte Stallworth in some trouble

I guess we need to wait to hear the details.

Money is the least of the concerns here, but I found this interesting, in terms of timing, in a Yahoo article:
Stallworth signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns as a free agent before last season but hardly played because he was hurt. He was due a $4.75 million signing bonus Friday.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by youngin33

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

hes not done, Leonard Little actually had a DWI and is still playing...

The guy he hit is dead. This could possibly be a murder compared to a DWI? I'd say murder is a little more serious unless you were being sarcastic as well.

Manslaughter Conviction
After attending a drunken birthday party in 1998, Little crashed into and killed another motorist, Susan Gutweiler in St. Louis, MO. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent, a level that exceeds the statutory level of intoxication of 0.08 in the state of Missouri.[5] Little received 90 days in jail, four years probation and 1000 hours of community service.

http://
[h3][edit] Second arrest[/h3]
Six years later, in 2004, Little was again arrested for drunk driving and speeding.[sup][5][/sup] The probable cause statement filed by police said Little had bloodshot and watery eyes, smelled of alcohol and failed three sobriety tests. [sup][6][/sup] Because of Little's 1999 guilty plea to involuntary manslaughter in his drunken-driving crash case, prosecutors charged him as a persistent offender. This made it a felony case.[sup][6][/sup] Little was acquitted of driving while intoxicated, but was convicted only of the misdemeanor speeding charge.
And yet nobody cares. Meanwhile Vick may not even get a shot to play again because of the public backlash. Our country is so backwards.

Post of the year.

I just read a report that he hit the guy while driving on a causeway.

Not to be insensitive but why would you be walking on a causeway, I guess other than if your car broke down

Yea the road that connects Downtown and the Beach is a causeway. and i just saw pictures of the accident site, that guy wasnt at an intersection.
Police say Stallworth has been cooperatiing to the fullest

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yea the road that connects Downtown and the Beach is a causeway. and i just saw pictures of the accident site, that guy wasnt at an intersection.
Police say Stallworth has been cooperatiing to the fullest

Ok, maybe he could be good then.
ohwell.gif

RIP to the victim

Hopefully Donte wasn't drunk or on drugs but either way that's gotta be tough because it was an accident.

terrible situation all the way around. victims family feels like @%%+, and I'm sure stallworth does too.
my prayers go out to all involved.

Damn, didn't even know the whole Leonard Little story. Or I just forgot about it.

Whoever said this country is backwards, is right on.

Miami police have indicated that Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth is expected to be charged as a result of the driving accident that killed a pedestrian early Saturday morning, two sources with knowledge of the investigation said.

Pending the outcome of the investigation, which includes results of a blood test for drugs or alcohol, the sources said driving under the influence, vehicular manslaughter and reckless driving were among the possible charges.

"The police seem pretty confident that they're going to charge him," a source with the NFL said. " … Even if he [is] clean, I think the police feel he's going to be charged with something, regardless."

The Miami Herald reported Sunday that a witness to the crash that killed 59-year-old Mario Reyes said it appeared that Stallworth, who has a home in South Florida, drove his Bentley around a stopped vehicle to beat a red light.

A detective source was also told that the police anticipated charging Stallworth, who was reportedly cooperative with police and distraught over Reyes' death.

"I think it looks like to the police that Stallworth wasn't being careful, at the very least," the second source said.

Reyes was leaving his job as an overnight crane operator and trying to get to a bus stop on the southeast end of MacArthur Causeway. The causeway connects Miami Beach to downtown Miami. According to co-workers, Reyes, who left Cuba for Miami as a teenager, was on his way home.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league was "monitoring" the situation. Stallworth had no known history of trouble with the law prior to the accident.

Stallworth signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns in 2008.

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...;prov=yhoo&type=lgns

leonard little killed someone as well and if i remember correctly he may have been drunk...long story short dude was playing after that incident....

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

youngin33 wrote:

I FR3SH I wrote:

hes not done, Leonard Little actually had a DWI and is still playing...

The guy he hit is dead. This could possibly be a murder compared to a DWI? I'd say murder is a little more serious unless you were being sarcastic as
well.

Manslaughter Conviction

After attending a drunken birthday party in 1998, Little crashed into and killed another motorist, Susan Gutweiler in St. Louis, MO. When tested, his
blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent, a level that exceeds the statutory level of intoxication of 0.08 in the state of Missouri.[5] Little received 90
days in jail, four years probation and 1000 hours of community service.

http://

[h3][edit] Second arrest[/h3]

Six years later, in 2004, Little was again arrested for drunk driving and speeding.[sup][5][/sup] The probable cause statement filed by police said Little
had bloodshot and watery eyes, smelled of alcohol and failed three sobriety tests. [sup][6][/sup] Because of Little's 1999 guilty plea to
involuntary manslaughter in his drunken-driving crash case, prosecutors charged him as a persistent offender. This made it a felony case.[sup][6][/sup] Little was acquitted of driving while intoxicated, but was convicted only of the misdemeanor speeding charge.

And yet nobody cares. Meanwhile Vick may not even get a shot to play again because of the public backlash. Our country is so backwards.

my exact thoughts

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

The Miami Herald reported Sunday that a witness to the crash that killed 59-year-old Mario Reyes said it appeared that Stallworth, who has a home in South Florida, drove his Bentley around a stopped vehicle to beat a red light.

Wow...
I had read an article a little earlier, but it didn't state that. If true, he's in a lot of trouble whether alcohol/drugs were involved or not.

Depends what you mean by "nobody cares." Going back to the time all that Little stuff happened he had a ton of media backlash. He hadpeople marching the streets on Ram game days. Just because you dont hear about it anymore doesnt mean it wasnt a huge story back then and he didnt get a ton ofplay.

Also for those on the comparing Little to Vick to Stallworth angle, you gotta remember back then that was Tags' NFL....now this is Goodell's NFL. Bigdifference.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Also for those on the comparing Little to Vick to Stallworth angle, you gotta remember back then that was Tags' NFL....now this is Goodell's NFL. Big difference.

Nah, I believe they are talkin about the Justice system. Goodell dont have nothin to do with Little gettin 90 days and Vick gettin Yrs

Originally Posted by ddot7

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Wow...
I had read an article a little earlier, but it didn't state that. If true, he's in a lot of trouble whether alcohol/drugs were involved or not.

If true.

Then he might be in some deeper dookie.

smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom