Dover Street Market x Jordan (Retro 1 High w/Nike Air)

Simply put... 

I wouldve been fine if I missed out on these DSM (was able to cop) but I'm still a bit disappointed that I missed out on Frags.... 

Good for you....LOL @nonsense? Exclusivity, supply and the demand sets the market. I don't see why some of ya'll got the panties all in a bunch just cuz my comment. We 're all speculating here, like I said before, only time will tell.

Yes they're different kicks, me personally like the DSM more. The iridescent glossy navy patent leather makes them pop more...
well like you said we're all speculating here. So we all speculated that no, DSM won't reach Frags which is opposite of your argument. Is that the reason why you're saying we all got our panties in a bunch? Just because we don't agree with you? lol. Either way you said it, exclusivity, supply, and demand sets the market. Exclusivity and supply seems to be about the same between both, however the demand for Frags is far superior than DSM like getemchavez said, so in your theory, Frags should win the race, no?

Last edited:
If you went to the last step without actually hitting submit payment, it don't mean squat. Plenty of people went to the last page with ease and then an error message popped up, including me...was able to get through luckily on the second try. These were not as easy an online cop as some may think... 

Last edited:
it helped that dsm didn't realease on NDC.  then it would also be impossible to cop with bots and all

If you went to the last step without actually hitting submit payment, it don't mean squat. Plenty of people went to the last page with ease and an error message popped up, including me...was able to get through luckily on the second try. These were not as easy an online cop as some may think... 
far easier than Frags though. At least there was still a chance every time you went to the last page and submitting payment. It was just a luck of the draw if your order was successfully submitted through the heavy traffic. Whereas the Frags, even if you were fast, you barely stood a chance, hell even most bots and atc's couldn't even score. 

trust me, that DSM checkout was a lot better and easier than shopping on Nike. People were still luckily getting thru on DSM an hour after drop, but if you did it on NDC, even if you click add to cart 2 seconds before counter hit 0, you still would've been hit with the sold out message. 

Last edited:

far easier than Frags though. At least there was still a chance every time you went to the last page and submitting payment. It was just a luck of the draw if your order was successfully submitted through the heavy traffic. Whereas the Frags, even if you were fast, you barely stood a chance, hell even most bots and atc's couldn't even score. 
yup - easier than frags based on the platform. these would've been toast had it been a ndc release

Last edited:

it helped that dsm didn't realease on NDC.  then it would also be impossible to cop with bots and all
It's true, the fact that dover were the only ones that release them made it a possible cop for everyone (but not easy!). When it comes down only to NDC, End, Hanon...those are virtually impossible to cop manually. 

BUT - I feel like the raffle for the Fragments at 21 Mercer (even though I didn't win) ...was a lot less rigged for the Fragments (or at least more pairs to go around). Total number of pairs worldwide may have been very similar end of the day... 

Last edited:
yeah its hard to get a solid number, but I'm guessing that the production numbers are not too far apart to make a significant difference. Thats why i think supply is about the same. The exclusivity is about the same, both a collab and released at very few selected places for both.

Last edited:
well like you said we're all speculating here. So we all speculated that no, DSM won't reach Frags which is opposite of your argument. Is that the reason why you're saying we all got our panties in a bunch? Just because we don't agree with you? lol. Either way you said it, exclusivity, supply, and demand sets the market. Exclusivity and supply seems to be about the same between both, however the demand for Frags is far superior than DSM like getemchavez said, so in your theory, Frags should win the race, no?

Lol, you're wrong sir. Exclusivity is NOT about the same, the DSM were only released on 3 DSM stores n E-shops compared to the frags, supply is not that the same either assuming that the production was far less than frags, it will be up to the demand and resellers trying to make a quick buck trying to flip fast but eventually over time there won't be that many pairs left on the market, which could create a price increase. I could be wrong, but this is my theory....

Frags weren't dropped at your local FTL either. They released at a select few shops as well, probably not even a handful more than DSM did so if thats how you're basing exclusivity, then yes they're about the same. Just to be clear, just because they dropped at slightly fewer shops than Frags, doesn't mean the production quantity is "FAR LESS" like you put it. The quantity of Frags allocated to shops weren't that great so whose to say exactly how many Frags there were based on how many shops received them compared to the 3 DSM shops and e-shop. Do you know how many DSM pairs were produced and sold?

also your theory can be applied to Frags. "Over time, there won't be as many pairs left which could create a price increase"

Last edited:
Frags weren't dropped at your local FTL either. They released at a select few shops as well, probably not even a handful more than DSM did so if thats how you're basing exclusivity, then yes they're about the same. Just to be clear, just because they dropped at slightly fewer shops than Frags, doesn't mean the production quantity is "FAR LESS" like you put it. The quantity of Frags allocated to shops weren't that great so whose to say exactly how many Frags there were based on how many shops received them compared to the 3 DSM shops and e-shop. Do you know how many DSM pairs were produced and sold?

also your theory can be applied to Frags. "Over time, there won't be as many pairs left which could create a price increase"

I don't know the production #s for the frags or dsms. You're right, I shouldn't based my theory off the places where they were sold. But let's not forget the first couple of days the DSMs were realeased they were fetching close to 1k on eBay. Yes frag supply might be down as well in a couple of months, just like most sneakers out there the older they are the higher the resale, specially if they're limited. Only time will tell if in fact they'll resell for the same or not.

yeah you're right about that. But for me, i predict Frags will stay above DSM and will rise if DSM rise. Frag's basically set the bar for the DSM to be priced so high. I'm still a firm believer that the demand for Frags are higher than DSM.

yeah you're right about that. But for me, i predict Frags will stay above DSM and will rise if DSM rise. Frag's basically set the bar for the DSM to be priced so high. I'm still a firm believer that the demand for Frags are higher than DSM.

The way the frags were hyped, the demand n the price will be probably higher, specially since they released first. Yes they set the bar for nikelab collabs, but we can't take anything away from the DSM joints, wether or not some people cop to resell or to add to the collection, a lot of peeps got to scored manually, no orders were canceled n the DSM customer service is being helpful replacing defective shoe laces. So I'm more than happy I was able to copped. As for resell prices down the line, we're all speculating. Like they say....the consumer decides lol

finally here 
pimp.gif

Price is set by a combination of supply and demand. demand for frags is MUCH higher than dsm, even if there was more supply. 

DSM trolling, thought I was missing a lacetip but I found it loose underneath the tissue paper 
laugh.gif

Quality is pretty good on these, that suede liner is butter.

One of my shoes is missing a lace tip as well. Sent them an email, I really hope they are able to send me a replacement. If not ... bogus. I'll try not to get my hopes up.

for all of you that are missing tips and copped from 21m: my boy just got his missing tips (2x) from 21m after a lot of complaining 

they gave him a hard time at first, but eventually he got his missing tips 

I think what everyone is missing on the DSM vs Frag debate is, demand...specifically demand from the Asian market. Frags were a collaboration piece between Jordan and Hiroshi Fujuwara (a popular Japanese designer/music producer), so naturally with high US demand and high demand from the Asian market, Frags are going to be higher in resell price and popularity now and later...There were more premium materials used for DSMs. Iridescent Navy Patent leather, translucent navy sole, suede liner, and crew on lace tips...
nerd.gif
glasses.gif

for all of you that are missing tips and copped from 21m: my boy just got his missing tips (2x) from 21m after a lot of complaining 

they gave him a hard time at first, but eventually he got his missing tips 
weird how they have extra lace tips laying around. Like almost as if they removed them from some pairs, either that or they have more DSM's in the back room. I don't see how either DSM or 21M would have lace tips unless they're for sale separately, I would think you can only get them from Nike/JB. 

I think what everyone is missing on the DSM vs Frag debate is, demand...specifically demand from the Asian market. Frags were a collaboration piece between Jordan and Hiroshi Fujuwara (a popular Japanese designer/music producer), so naturally with high US demand and high demand from the Asian market, Frags are going to be higher in resell price and popularity now and later...There were more premium materials used for DSMs. Iridescent Navy Patent leather, translucent navy sole, suede liner, and crew on lace tips...
nerd.gif
glasses.gif
thats why I said in an earlier post that, collab aside, the frags would still win simply because of the color blocking and the materials used. 

Back
Top Bottom