Dr. Shaquille O'Neal....yup, dude graduated w/ doctoral degree over the weekend.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

JapanAir21:
I call #!%$##!%.

I'm sorry, but Shaq, a doctorates degree? Going to law school? As long as he is apart of TNT I'm done with that. I don't need Shaq to remind me that he has two, three, four, however many phony degrees. I have done more work than his clownass in one year of undergraduate work than I'm sure he's done in his entire collegiate career.

I don't buy it.

Get a degree in nursing or biology or physics or math, then maybe I'd believe it.
I'm w/ 1,000%... but I would have never said it.
laugh.gif
That can only come off one way: haterific.

Y'all just wanna feel superior to him but like it or not....he did the work and  now he's a doctor and you're not. Maybe if yall didnt have over 20,000 posts on a sneaker message board, y'all could be doctors too...... He a rich, famous, athletic doctor

1-1277407026.gif

b6yi44.jpg

I'm as big of a Jeremy Lin hater as there is but I aint knocking what he did at Harvard. 3.1 is legit either way.

I believe in the validity of Shaq's doctoral degree over whatever James Franco accomplished at Yale/NYU.

Lin may be smart on paper, but he definitely has inadequacies in the realm of conversation. When he speaks, I hear nothing but community college. That makes me question a lot. Not to say that every intellectual must have a shining vernacular, but come on, there's certain skills to be expected of Ivy League recruits.

With that said about Lin, Shaq is remedial. I dont believe he has 1 'earned' degree, much less 3, with 1 being a Doctoral. Shaq must have the ability to be in multiple places at once. Where, oh where does he find the time to be on tv, and in clubs and driving his Buick and still have the time to dedicate himself to getting that initial 4yr B.A., the 2 more years for the masters and then the 4-6 yrs for the PhD. I'm sorry but just given his track record, (Shaq never even really worked on his skills off the court, which is easy) I have an extremely hard time believing this goofball dedicated himself to this academic program in any real sense. I'd have respected it more if the school just gave him an honorary PhD for whatever reason, instead of trying to front like dude was putting in work. On 2nd thought, no I wouldn't. eff that.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I believe in the validity of Shaq's doctoral degree over whatever James Franco accomplished at Yale/NYU.

nahhh, Dude was definitely putting in work.  he was shooting, whatever he was shooting in the day and class in the evening or vice versa.  he was putting in work man. 

Originally Posted by Freeze

Lin may be smart on paper, but he definitely has inadequacies in the realm of conversation. When he speaks, I hear nothing but community college. That makes me question a lot. Not to say that every intellectual must have a shining vernacular, but come on, there's certain skills to be expected of Ivy League recruits.

With that said about Lin, Shaq is remedial. I dont believe he has 1 'earned' degree, much less 3, with 1 being a Doctoral. Shaq must have the ability to be in multiple places at once. Where, oh where does he find the time to be on tv, and in clubs and driving his Buick and still have the time to dedicate himself to getting that initial 4yr B.A., the 2 more years for the masters and then the 4-6 yrs for the PhD. I'm sorry but just given his track record, (Shaq never even really worked on his skills off the court, which is easy) I have an extremely hard time believing this goofball dedicated himself to this academic program in any real sense. I'd have respected it more if the school just gave him an honorary PhD for whatever reason, instead of trying to front like dude was putting in work. On 2nd thought, no I wouldn't. eff that.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I wonder if I still sound community college
frown.gif

Forget you bro
indifferent.gif

nahhh, Dude was definitely putting in work.  he was shooting, whatever he was shooting in the day and class in the evening or vice versa.  he was putting in work man. 

Can someone put up the pic of him sleeping in class at Brooklyn College?

I will take it as seriously as Shaq wants me too.
Degrees are for people who put in the work, not necessarily the smartest people. If he wants to go and do actual work in this field.

Being that Dwight didn't go to college, he did to further separate himself from him. His hate for Dwight knows no end. This is all one-upsmanship
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

frown.gif

Forget you bro
indifferent.gif
You're right bro, I'm sorry.  That was a **** thing to say.  I didn't mean it to come off that way.  I just said that to say that clearly the education received at Harvard is vastly different from that of the local college, yet I don't get that feeling listening to him speak.  He doesn't sound as 'fine tuned' as I would expect a Harvard graduate to sound...but like I said, he could be a genius on paper, who knows. 

All of the ivy-league cats that I work with are normal-sounding dudes....totally unassuming.

As a matter of fact, I don't know how you can pigeon-hole someone to a certain university based off of how they sound. Is that even possible?
laugh.gif

All of the ivy-league cats that I work with are normal-sounding dudes....totally unassuming.

As a matter of fact, I don't know how you can pigeon-hole someone to a certain university based off of how they sound. Is that even possible?
laugh.gif
No but even you got to admit this dude sounds slower than Barkley who has admitted on the record he did nothing at Auburn.

I know plenty of people with advanced degrees who are pretty inarticulate. Degrees aren't a direct reflection of someone's ability to speak well.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I know plenty of people with advanced degrees who are pretty inarticulate. Degrees aren't a direct reflection of someone's ability to speak well.
Your right it is more of a social education aspect. 

Lol at this thread,
Lol at JA judging another mans college degree like he's by their side 24/7 and know what they actually do to get their degrees.

What a lame

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

frown.gif

Forget you bro
indifferent.gif
You're right bro, I'm sorry.  That was a **** thing to say.  I didn't mean it to come off that way.  I just said that to say that clearly the education received at Harvard is vastly different from that of the local college, yet I don't get that feeling listening to him speak.  He doesn't sound as 'fine tuned' as I would expect a Harvard graduate to sound...but like I said, he could be a genius on paper, who knows. 

Maybe Lin is so confident in his intelligence that he feels comfortable sounding like a normal human. Or the kid could be awkward. His degree was in econ, not public speaking.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Can someone put up the pic of him sleeping in class at Brooklyn College?

It's still hard to believe.  Franco was a real busy guy and it was probably tough juggling all those classes in different schools.  I'd like to see how his grades were.

Originally Posted by ShoeHead117

Doctoral? 
grin.gif

Am I the only one that thinks he probably didn't do his own research and had someone do it for him?

I'll take that degree with a grain of salt.

This.

Back
Top Bottom