Drake

Cut the *&%$. Drake is the dude right now. He's a lyrical wordsmith and his flow is ridiculous not to mention this cat can sing.

Overrated? Or just the best in the game?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by swooshman23

Cut the *&%$. Drake is the dude right now. He's a lyrical wordsmith and his flow is ridiculous not to mention this cat can sing.

Overrated? Or just the best in the game?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23

Originally Posted by Timetravelinn

j. cole > drake...among many others

rapping ability? no doubt, but who makes better songs? i.e. J.Cole has nothing (right now) that will ever be on national radio at least these days, maybe in the 90s.

*waits for someone to post the link to the 1000000000000000 page drake page*

*...also waits for someone to quote the American Gangster Gif with something witty*

In my school's library right now, started chuckling out loud at that AG gif, got me looking crazy
roll.gif
Dude said lyrical wordsmith like Ye on SP

Drake is that dude in hip-hop right now.. His debut album will either shut up the critics, or give the critics more things to hate about...

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

rapping ability? no doubt, but who makes better songs? i.e. J.Cole has nothing (right now) that will ever be on national radio at least these days, maybe in the 90s.
so a song on radio means it's better than a song not on the radio...please
indifferent.gif

*...also waits for someone to quote the American Gangster Gif with something witty*

Actually, J. Cole makes the better songs. 'Lights Please' is catchy as hell and could easily be on the radio. Who makes the catchier songs? Of course, Drake. And by the way, better does not mean capable of being on the radio ...

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Actually, J. Cole makes the better songs. 'Lights Please' is catchy as hell and could easily be on the radio. Who makes the catchier songs? Of course, Drake. And by the way, better does not mean capable of being on the radio ...

I didn't say better means radio worthy...theres plently of album cuts that never make it to radio. Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm saying that he won't have ANY songs on the radio. I'd be surprised if they play his stuff in his hometown. Theres no appeal to it. Its like Nas' stuff. We know it goes hard but 95% of dudes stuff won't ever reach mainstream anyy more. Ya'll can say that stuff doesn't matter anymore but it does when J Cole wants to eat well...

Originally Posted by illfrozn

I didn't say better means radio worthy...theres plently of album cuts that never make it to radio. Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm saying that he won't have ANY songs on the radio. I'd be surprised if they play his stuff in his hometown. Theres no appeal to it. Its like Nas' stuff. We know it goes hard but 95% of dudes stuff won't ever reach mainstream anyy more. Ya'll can say that stuff doesn't matter anymore but it does when J Cole wants to eat well...

I didn't put words in your mouth. You implied that Drake makes better songs and you stated that J. Cole will not be on national radio. Therefore, just because Drake makes a song that can be played on the radio nationally, does not mean he makes better songs. Is that connection not true in your opinion?

No appeal? I'm in Texas and I have seen both Drake AND J. Cole live. Guess who filled up the venue more? Oh, that's right, it was nearly the same ...

Back
Top Bottom