Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Are you getting the Slim or Extra Slim? I find the Extra Slim fit just right for me, could be slimmer but I am not looking for that skin tight fit. It is long though so either tuck it in or have it shortened.

The last three I bought were ESF. The sport shirts are fine, but the dress shirts aren't slim enough. I could stand to go down half a size in the collar, but would that make any difference in the way the shirts bloom out?

How are y'all finding BB shirts slim? Maybe I"m not getting the right sizes but they really bloom out of my pants.

Same. Good fit in the arms and chest, but straight up sloppy below that :lol: I mean part of it is due to me being normal sized everywhere but having a 29-30 waist, but still :lol: Banana Republics slim tailored is good but doesn't have a good size range. Only works if you have a really slim midsection like mine. I just have to deal with getting most of my shirts tailored forever I guess

Last edited:
You can buy now. Keep it on ice for a month. Return if it doesn't go on sale. If it goes on sale, ask for price adjustment. This will ensure you get your size.

:lol:, didn't take long, pants are gone. So this jacket will be orphaned, but I'm sure some ludlow pants in similar if not same color will pop up in the future.

If you have the product # (or even just the jacket product #, I think they can match the pants #), call customer service and they can try to locate them in stores and have them shipped to you for free.

It is due to the center back pleat, it kind of billows out. If you want to fit slimmer, you can have your tailor close it. I've done on some BB shirts and it is almost like sizing down by 1-2 sizes in the body and Band of Outsider shirts tend to have that pleats close too, makes a big difference. My tailor charged $3-$5 for each shirt iirc. You can do it yourself too if you're feeling confident.

Never had luck with BR, even their slimmest shirts is like an XL FUBU tee on me.

Last edited:
You guys should check out kamakura instead of going to bb or Charles tyrwitt

The shirts are actually slim and you should do a half neck size bigger. Sleeves are also shorter since its geared towards Japanese men

Don't think there's any sales but its 79 for most shirts and quality is worth it

The last three I bought were ESF. The sport shirts are fine, but the dress shirts aren't slim enough. I could stand to go down half a size in the collar, but would that make any difference in the way the shirts bloom out?
Have you washed them? They shrink a bit after the dryer.

Haha Mr. Scorpio (love the name btw), I do not work for them lol. Found the bag thrifting and actually ended up cutting off that logo :lol:

Oh, I was gonna say that if that's how they let employees dress at work--I need to go there :lol:

I can only dress that way (kind of) on Fridays.

It is due to the center back pleat, it kind of billows out. If you want to fit slimmer, you can have your tailor close it. I've done on some BB shirts and it is almost like sizing down by 1-2 sizes in the body and Band of Outsider shirts tend to have that pleats close too, makes a big difference. My tailor charged $3-$5 for each shirt iirc. You can do it yourself too if you're feeling confident.

Never had luck with BR, even their slimmest shirts is like an XL FUBU tee on me.

Their slim tailored fit is nice. I bought some in small when I was skinny and they fit pretty well on me (I was 5'8 148-150ish). I've gained almost 10 pounds since then (not fat :lol: ) and now they fit like Under Armour on me, but the medium is too long in the arms. I mean, I can deal with it and girls like how they fit, but I can barely move in them. This is why I wish it had a better size range like Brooks Brothers does with variable sleeve lengths and collar sizes rather than S, M, L, etc.

Last edited:
You guys should check out kamakura instead of going to bb or Charles tyrwitt

The shirts are actually slim and you should do a half neck size bigger. Sleeves are also shorter since its geared towards Japanese men

Don't think there's any sales but its 79 for most shirts and quality is worth it
The best thing about kamakura for me is that the buttoned down collars have a nice curl

Most button down collars from other brands have shorter collar points so there's little to no curl at all

If you're in NYC, I'd suggest visiting the store, 400 madison ave, a block away from the Bear Stearns building. Best customer service in my life by far.

Last edited:
Interview then a late day at the office today:

Ended up bringing my stuff per my buddy's request. Shined em up on break. These magnanni's needed it bad :smh:

Oh and btw...it is FINALLY complete:

8)

I just picked up the denim jacket from Gap for $40 (50% of $80). I've been looking for one for a while and like the fit of this much better than the levis slim trucker and other brands I've tried on. The 50% sealed the deal for me. The Gap I went to had a ton left so it might be worth checking out if anyone is looking for one, quality seems great to me for the price.

Last edited:
I just picked up the denim jacket from Gap for $40 (50% of $80). I've been looking for one for a while and like the fit of this much better than the levis slim trucker and other brands I've tried on. The 50% sealed the deal for me. The Gap I went to had a ton left so it might be worth checking out if anyone is looking for one, quality seems great to me for the price.

I would have to agree, Gaps fit way better than Levi's. Nice sale but its too damn hot for me to be buying jackets. Sitting on a few APC's I need to take back.

Last edited:
DBNT recommend me some dark jeans, used to rocking Levi's 521's and lately 508's. Been rocking Dockers Alpha's a lot lately but fall is around the corner and the lack of dark denim in my wardrobe is inexcusable.

Willing to go in the designer $100-150 territory... :\

Nii hope all is well u were one of my style inspirations during the original thread hope all is well..

Is that first picture at a tradtional wedding? I remember u were of Ghanaian decent if I remember right? I'm an Igbo boy and recognize the headwrap in the back.

DBNT recommend me some dark jeans, used to rocking Levi's 521's and lately 508's. Been rocking Dockers Alpha's a lot lately but fall is around the corner and the lack of dark denim in my wardrobe is inexcusable.

Willing to go in the designer $100-150 territory... :\

Since u got it to blow try the Gustin Joints that NT ad servers were pushing hard a couple weeks ago. I really wanna try one but probably won't cop until the weather is a little colder and I really need them.

Gonna be really limited on shopping for the first half of 2014 so I plan to really put that selvedge to work during that time.

Keep in mind there is a long wait between ordering, production and receiving your jeans if you go with gustin.

TypeR have u tried them? I forget it takes a while to receive your product with them. I want a pair of slim fits from them but I'm still just not 100% sold.

Anyone care to share their experiences.

Interview then a late day at the office today:

Oh and btw...it is FINALLY complete:

8)

You guys have no idea how lucky you are to be able to do this. I'd save so much more money if I could find a suit and slightly get them tailored.

I've been searching far and wide the past 3 years for suits with athletic builds. I've had no luck. The closets I've ever gotten to buying OTR was from Versace. For some reason, their 40s fits me on the shoulders and chest perfectly. Usually there would be some pull at the lapel area, but it went straight down. I also had enough room in the bicep area, this is where I also have some problems.

It went all downhill when i tried on the pants. :smh: at me for having a big butt and a well developed lower body.

When I first tried getting OTR, I went up to a 42s, but it left way too much room in the chest/torso area. If I got the back tapered, the lapels would've pulled up as well.

Where is that suit from Pinoy?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom