Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hello fellow DB brethren,

I haven't been in here in ages....

Anyone have any experience with Charles Tyrwhitt out of London?

Their prices are not too bad.

I'm looking at a few of their options....and reviews seem quite positive online.

Here's one option I'm leaning heavily to...

100% wool super 110's
Dry clean only
Lining in Polyester/viscose twill in pale purple
Single breasted jacket with 2 button styling.
Twin back vents
Floating canvas chest piece
Working button cuffs with corozo nut buttons

I'm looking at a few of their options....and reviews seem quite positive online.

100% wool super 110's
Dry clean only
Twin back vents

About how much are you going to have to drop on it?

100% wool super 110's
Dry clean only
Twin back vents

Retail is 460 pounds, but on clearance it's 229 pounds.

Got a couple packages today, Indochino suit first:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/08/today-was-good-daynew-suit-and-shoes.html

New Shoes that came about 5 days early. Teaser for now, detailed pics sometime tomorrow:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2013/08/today-was-good-day-part-ii-shoes-teaser.html

Missed this post. Can't wait to see more pics of the double monks. I'm thinking about getting that same suede on a pair of their tassel loafers so I am highly interested to see. Good purchases Serg :pimp:

100% wool super 110's
Dry clean only
Twin back vents

Retail is 460 pounds, but on clearance it's 229 pounds.

I have one of their sportcoats that is made from a similar material as that suit jacket and at that price (~$360), I would reccommend that 3-piece. At that price point your only either reasonably priced option for a 3-piece would be Indochino.

That apc varsity y'all breasted over is now on tres bien, 640 if you're outside Europe, which is probably most of the ppl in this thread

^^ hows the quality of their sportscoat that you have?

It's suprisingly good to be honest. I'll need to check the exact fabric on mine, but it does have a nice touch to it and it drapes very well (post-tailoring but still). I'm actually thinking about hopping on that 3-piece deal because I'm somewhat in the market for a new one. I should be thanking you :lol: :smokin

For J. Crew via SF:

"FYI - WIT20 promo is working on EVERYTHING! Just ordered myself a Barbour Skyoil Bedale for $300 ($225 after applying my rewards card).

Tried it on Aldens and it worked."

I really want to pick up a pair of Alden men's cap toe boot but I am torn between a few things. Should I get black or color 8 and would they look good with jeans?

Thoughts?

http://www.google.com/shopping/prod...a=X&ei=QQ4FUqukMpXc4AOolID4CA&ved=0CGQQvxMwAQ

http://www.google.com/shopping/prod...a=X&ei=QQ4FUqukMpXc4AOolID4CA&ved=0CF8QvxMwAA

For Wis and the rest of Camo conglomerate :smokin

From the almighty McNairy:

And a bonus clip, best song (cover) from the best scene in Sons of Anarchy:

Missed this post. Can't wait to see more pics of the double monks. I'm thinking about getting that same suede on a pair of their tassel loafers so I am highly interested to see. Good purchases Serg :pimp:
I have one of their sportcoats that is made from a similar material as that suit jacket and at that price (~$360), I would reccommend that 3-piece. At that price point your only either reasonably priced option for a 3-piece would be Indochino.

I will post more pics of the double monks later today or tomorrow on the blog, will probably post the black captoes first :D

how much did you pay for the 3 piece?

$449 plus tax. I had a $70 off coupon since I had it in my shopping cart. They've raised their prices so now it's about $519 for any of their essential 3 piece suits, and $449 for any of their essential 2 piece suits. I will say that their construction is much better than my first Indochino suit and so is the fabric used. I have to say that the improvements they speak of on their site versus the old suits is on point.

Thanks Wis, perfect timing!
Get Alden or Alfred Sargent. I want to buy something but nothing really stood out. Wish the Alden LHS loafer was still up.

I really want to pick up a pair of Alden men's cap toe boot but I am torn between a few things. Should I get black or color 8 and would they look good with jeans?

Thoughts?

http://www.google.com/shopping/prod...a=X&ei=QQ4FUqukMpXc4AOolID4CA&ved=0CGQQvxMwAQ

http://www.google.com/shopping/prod...a=X&ei=QQ4FUqukMpXc4AOolID4CA&ved=0CF8QvxMwAA
#8 hands down. It is a very versatile color that will patina nicely.

For Wis and the rest of Camo conglomerate :smokin

From the almighty McNairy:

And a bonus clip, best song (cover) from the best scene in Sons of Anarchy:

They even loving it back at home :lol:

So can someone comment on how slim JCrew slim fit shirts are these days?

Lots of printed shirts interest me but last i tried on an XS was a few years back and I could fit a family of 3 inside that shirt.

Might just grab one of these instead.

Last edited:

Lots of printed shirts interest me but last i tried on an XS was a few years back and I could fit a family of 3 inside that shirt.
I am 5'9 150 and the slim shirts in Small fit me pretty well. Only thing that doesnt really is sleeves are too long. But the body is slim enough imo

I am 5'9 150 and the slim shirts in Small fit me pretty well. Only thing that doesnt really is sleeves are too long. But the body is slim enough imo

Thanks for the info, have you tried Brooks Extra Slim Fit by any chance? Do they fit similar in the body?

Likewise except I'm 10 lbs heavier than you and a small is pretty much spot on for me.

RFX: since you're like 20 lbs lighter it may be too big for you. It's definitely not as slim as the BB ESF.

RFX should be good with a small based on this:

"Very slim fit (Comme des Garçons large = J.Crew medium)."

Back
Top Bottom