Dressing Better Vol 2.0

On another note as I'm highly considering this as I have a feeling this winter is going to be BRUTAL, how are the Under Armour cold weather shirts? How warm do they really keep you? I sweat easily which is the one thing keeping me from it. Thoughts?
I really like UA cold weather shirts. They keep you warm and do exactly what they say they will. If you're looking for something to wear under dress clothes, I don't really think it would be a little uncomfortable while inside? I've never done it though so it might be fine.

I asked this a few pages back but as you can tell, it was easily lost today :lol:

Does anyone use magnetic collar stays and if so are they worth it? how many of the magnets do you lose on average?

Mychal had high praise for the wurkin stiffs and I picked mine up at Nordstrom rack...I'd say they're worth it and it makes a visible difference. I don't go without them now :lol: unless I'm wearing a sport shirt or a casual button down, they don't come loose either which I was worried about initially :smokin

Mychal had high praise for the wurkin stiffs and I picked mine up at Nordstrom rack...I'd say they're worth it and it makes a visible difference. I don't go without them now :lol: unless I'm wearing a sport shirt or a casual button down, they don't come loose either which I was worried about initially :smokin

How much did you get them for at Nordstrom Rack?

Does anyone use magnetic collar stays? I saw Serg mention them a few pages back and was just curious if they're worth it and how often you lose the smaller magnet?

I've been using them for over a year and a half and have constantly recommended them in this thread. They are the GOAT. I wear them whenever I am wearing a non-button down collar shirt without a tie. You'll definitely notice an immediate difference in how your collar 1. Stands up and 2. Fits nicely under your lapel

Also, you should be able to get a pair of collar stays and 3 magnets from Nordstrom Rack for $15. The regular packing consists of 3 pairs and 6 magnets (one for each stay) and that costs $40. You really don't need more than one pair but I've lost some magnets after nights of drinking, traveling, etc.

bros, please like/vote for my fit in the Mr Porter Global Style contest. Thanks!

http://www.mrporterglobalstyle.com/competition/newyork/5329

I think I'm gonna try to scoop up a new suit tomorrow for an upcoming interview.

I'm looking to pick up a navy one, and my budget's $400.  Can you guys suggest a couple to me?

Also, saw this while checking out an old GQ:

Thoughts?  I know that's basically blasphemy to most in the U.S. these days.

Don't do it. I still haven't had a situation or occasion where I've said damn I wish I had a black suit to wear. I think this is the second season that GQ tries to make a case for the black suit and outside them posting I rarely see it done. Go with navy or gray.

bros, please like/vote for my fit in the Mr Porter Global Style contest. Thanks!

http://www.mrporterglobalstyle.com/competition/newyork/5329

Done! Edit...I'll do it when I get home the filters at won't let me do it.

Last edited:
Allen Edmonds 2 for $250 sale on closeouts starts today through the 22nd. Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren models are included. Call the shoe bank or an outlet to check inventory and order. Sizes are limited.

How much did you get them for at Nordstrom Rack?

I think they were like $10-12 if I remember

Allen Edmonds 2 for $250 sale on closeouts starts today through the 22nd. Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren models are included. Call the shoe bank or an outlet to check inventory and order. Sizes are limited.

:smh: :smh: Nah not this time....must.....resist...urge :lol:

Mo' Shoes, Mo' Money, Mo' Problems.

Was this for just 1 set or more? I ask because I have a pending best offer on eBay for $10 for a set of 1. If NR has them for $10-12 for more than 1 than I'll just deny the counteroffer and buy them at NR this week.

Too late for me...:smh:

Mo' Shoes, Mo' Money, Mo' Problems.

Was this for just 1 set or more? I ask because I have a pending best offer on eBay for $10 for a set of 1. If NR has them for $10-12 for more than 1 than I'll just deny the counteroffer and buy them at NR this week.

Too late for me...:smh:

It was just for one set Serge, it did come with 3 magnets though....I can't remember the price exactly bc I bought em like 8 months ago but $10 is probably the best deal you'll find for them though

Cedricccc. You know you wanna :evil:

Enabler!! you hush right now! :smh: :smh: :rofl:

Last edited:

That's for one set. $10 is a great price considering a 3-pack is $40

Infrared AM90s will forever be my favorite sneaker. My only pair is busted to hell though
I was never much of a sneakerhead, but the main reason why I joined NT in the first place was to get info on the infrared AM90s I believe. Only Jordans I ever owned were cool grey 4s and red and white 10s.

lol Wis at one point you did call it quits then came back with some :pimp: fits. I remember first posting in the old thread about what to wear to an interview wayyyy back in the day when I was still an EE major. Ended up wearing a gingham shirt, brown cords, DBs and a hoody :lol:. I still got the job though, and was eventually let go because I changed my major
:lol: I left for a different reason. I spent that summer living at Starbucks studying for the GRE. I never came back because NT was blocked at my last job.

There were dudes who got poke fun of that continued onto great things, ie JKissi. A lot of the guys in here are on a verge of going off onto nice careers too. Just focus on that, come in here when you want to participate, and block out the negativity.

They didn't have my first choices which were Sanderson Burnished Wingtip brown and Sanderson Calf Wingtip black.

Had him email me the whole list for my size and ended up getting Black Strands and Singleton Brown Calf.

Dissapointed Daltons are not being offered this time.

Mother of God,

I lose my life to GTAV for 2 days and come back to total upheaval. :wow:

Glad things are kinda getting back to normal though.

What's the difference between the AE strands and the BB strands?

I don't see any difference... $20 retail price difference. Am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom