Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I think the stark is gorgeous.

I like a lot of stuff in this thread too
http://www.styleforum.net/t/195992/the-epicurean-knits-thread

That's H&M though...lol

Don't blame you for thinking its Jcrew, I think they had a very similar one and 90% of what I wear is from there anyways...lol

Looking like a lumberjack there. Camera holder / harness looks cool.

Last edited:
I ended up helping an aunt who needed to do some gift shopping out tonight and as a gift, while we were in Brooks Brothers she told me to pick out two suits and to save my $$$ for the tailoring they would need.  I ended up picking one navy and one grey 346 suit, but when I got home and googled the suit reviews, the internet seems to have nothing but bad things to say about them.  SF in general said theyre crappy quality and not to waste the money, even though both suits came out to $550 total, that they'd fall apart in 1-5 years and that I'd be much better off just paying $3 to 400 for one suit.

Does anyone have any advice as far as the Brooks Brothers outlet suits go?

Here's a pic of one of the suits I bought just in case the consensus is I should keep them.  Any advice on what to do as far as alterations go?

I'm trying to make it look more like

01-arthur.jpg

and less like

tom_jerry_zoot_suit_01.jpg

Last edited:
arm holes look low and the sleeves look short as well. you wont be able to get the fit you want. you should return it.

Is it possible to tailor jackets?.

since I've lost weight my arms are too long in a lot of my jackets

What jackets are y'all wearing or interested in this F/W? Ones that are not overcoats

Just a camel overcoat which Adrian already thrifted me and a navy overcoat that I thrifted myself!

Me you and A can match :pimp:

I got one too!!! lol

Is it possible to tailor jackets?.

since I've lost weight my arms are too long in a lot of my jackets

Yes the sleeves can be shortened.

this strap is a thing of beauty...
Are those wingtip boots? You mind sharing the brand? Looking for a pair of shoes similar to those in preparation for this harsh Bay Area winter coming up. Been eyeing a pair of AE but they're kind of steep. 

:frown:  Was hoping for an alternative that might cost a little less. Anybody know if that's the Burnished Walnut color?
Save up for them, man. AEs are entry level shoes, but good quality. If an NTer can afford $160 pair of retro Js, getting a pair of AEs on sale isn't too far off.

If you want cheap stuff, you can always go Aldo, but expect Jordan quality.

:frown:  Was hoping for an alternative that might cost a little less. Anybody know if that's the Burnished Walnut color?

How much are you ok with spending? If you follow this thread, or the allen edmonds thread on styleforum, AE outlets always have sales on seconds, which can bring the cost down considerably.

frown.gif
 Was hoping for an alternative that might cost a little less. Anybody know if that's the Burnished Walnut color?
How much are you ok with spending? If you follow this thread, or the allen edmonds thread on styleforum, AE outlets always have sales on seconds, which can bring the cost down considerably.
Like $300 preferably including tax and shipping. 

Will keep an eye out for sales. 
nerd.gif

Like $300 preferably including tax and shipping. 

Will keep an eye out for sales. :nerd:
Go to http://www.theshoemart.com/ and call them to be put on the second email listing and ask them to send you the current email listing. Lots of Aldens are $300 on there. I bought a pair last year, and quality is superb, can't tell the diff from my retail pairs.

I mean to say that my arms are short but the Jacket is too long
Easy fix, man. Shortening jacket is easy as pie.

Anyone here purchase a tie from Tiebar.com? What's the quality like? I'm thinking about buying a knit tie.

Back
Top Bottom