Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Just picked up the GAP x GQ Baldwin Selvedge jeans and these are DEFINATELY worth the price and much much better than the regular selvedge jeans that GAP puts out (being a current Gap employee, I can attest to this.) 

It's super rigid, heavy and fits me PERFECTLY all around which is kinda difficult cuz I have a small waist and above average leg muscle. 

The shawl grey cardigan, wool denim, tweed suit and tie were definately the other best choices from this collection.

I thought they were about the same, didn't get to try them on though maybe the difference would have been more apparent then...

I can hook up my fellow NT'ers up with discounts. Of course, I gotta get in a 10-15% service charge but 35-40% off anything is still good enough. (except GQ collection cuz we dont get discounts on those)

Just PM if your interested.

TTS, man. I took a size 30 in them, and I'm a 31 in J. Crew's 484 and 32 in Naked & Famous Skinny Guy. My true waist is a 32.
I love fashion, and business...so I love digging into stuff like this, man.

Smallest size they had was a 32, I could definately fit into a 30 though...I think they run slightly big...or I'm just losing weight...lol
Man nvm ill stick with the 32. I know both of you guys are smaller than me and im trying to squeeze a 30 into a 32. I'm 190-200lbs but always had a small waiste, only reason I could get away with 30's, well after they stretch out anyway.

I can hook up my fellow NT'ers up with discounts. Of course, I gotta get in a 10-15% service charge but 35-40% off anything is still good enough. (except GQ collection cuz we dont get discounts on those)

Just PM if your interested.

Thanks man but I was just playing about the discount. I figured you couldn't get a discount on that collection. Gap denim is the truth though.

earlier today to go hit a couple thrift stores, nothing for me but found a pair of cole haan's for my girl

I thought they were about the same, didn't get to try them on though maybe the difference would have been more apparent then...
Nah trust me, theres a BIG difference IMO. I have the old real selvedge Skinnies that GAP released 2-3 years ago and the current selvedge Slims and Skinnies and the quality on the GQ collection is MUCH, MUCH better. The fit on the regular Gap selvedges are funny and don't really fit quite right, especially on the waists and thighs. Add to the fact that the feel of them is totally different as the GQ's are much heavier, more rigid and just feels more better. 

I can't speak enough about the fit because these are PERFECT IMO. They're slim up top but skinny and tapered enough on the bottoms. BTW, I would go TTS or even a size down as these will stretch with a couple of wears. 

I'm hoping they last for a couple more weeks in my size, so when they do finally go on sale (which WILL happen) I can scoop up 2-3 pairs for the future.

Nah trust me, theres a BIG difference IMO. I have the old real selvedge Skinnies that GAP released 2-3 years ago and the current selvedge Slims and Skinnies and the quality on the GQ collection is MUCH, MUCH better. The fit on the regular Gap selvedges are funny and don't really fit quite right, especially on the waists and thighs. Add to the fact that the feel of them is totally different as the GQ's are much heavier, more rigid and just feels more better. 

I can't speak enough about the fit because these are PERFECT IMO. They're slim up top but skinny and tapered enough on the bottoms. BTW, I would go TTS or even a size down as these will stretch with a couple of wears. 

I'm hoping they last for a couple more weeks in my size, so when they do finally go on sale (which WILL happen) I can scoop up 2-3 pairs for the future.

Link to the actual pair so I don't get the wrong ones? And what type of sell we looking at the collection getting?

I will definitely try to track down a pair to try on then,I have the straight selvedge from last year and with a quick glance and feel these felt the same..Will definitely give them another try though....

^ Last GQ collection, our Gap really didnt sell our stock (Roosevelt Field) so we had to ship em to other stores. But they were going on sale for 30-50% off after a month or two if they still had em in stock.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=99786&vid=1&pid=918477002

Just as a reference, they are based off of this jean:

http://www.baldwindenim.com/product/the-henley-in-raw-selvage-denim/#!prettyPhoto

(disregard the Gap picture of these jeans, cuz they obviously went a size or two up on the model)

Last edited:
^ Last GQ collection, our Gap really didnt sell our stock (Roosevelt Field) so we had to ship em to other stores. But they were going on sale for 30-50% off after a month or two if they still had em in stock.

http://www.baldwindenim.com/product/the-henley-in-raw-selvage-denim/#!prettyPhoto

(disregard the Gap picture of these jeans, cuz they obviously went a size or two up on the model)

Are they modeled after the Slim jeans Gap has? Those I like. There the 19......somethings lol.

Aight my NT GQ SMOOVE RICO SUAVE bros...
for a dude that around 5'11, 194lbs and losing weight
what's a decent slim fit jeans that kinda cheap?
And in general who makes the best slim fit pants?
Not too slim tho...
I like 508's and Dockers Alphas Original Slim. Are you a chunky 194 or a muscular 194. I'm sitting at 220-225 right now, an inch taller, 508's and Alpha's is all I wear aside from BR and LEC trousers.

That GapxGQ baseball jacket is looking nice, but availability and price is an issue.
I am a chunky 194...

ohwell.gif

Last edited:

you work at the roosevelt fields Gap?

Don't have to be a baller, man.

When you buy quality items AKA things made in small batches, they are $$. You get used to paying $150 for chinos and $100-150 for a shirt sooner or later sadly.

Baller would be flying to Italy to pick up a pocket square and have lunch with your style friends :lol:

Today:

Over doing dressing better. That is far to much for even people with a awesome income. You don't get used to it unless its how you intend on spending.

Please don't respond, was just my thought

H&M needs to stay in their lane...

:lol:

If I'm like a couple bucks away from free shipping I'll find whatever is the cheapest on the site. But I'm not buying something that costs more than the shipping originally is.

Anyone else guilty of filling up their shopping carts just to get free shipping??

Spending extra to save $9 smh.

Was going to do this in the recent JCrew sale, then they upped the price on the bag I was going to get when I was going to pull the trigger. Decided not to buy entirely. Then they went fickle with the free shipping.

I've gone away from being an impulsive shopper, and shopping at JCrew during a promo is frustrating. Sale starts and item is at a reduced price plus promo code, next day or two they up the price. :smh:.

Last edited:
Anyone else guilty of filling up their shopping carts just to get free shipping??

Spending extra to save $9 smh.
I'd do the same and return the unwanted items to the local J. Crew or wherever if I can't make the order live to get free shipping.

I think you can order stuff with free shipping if you just go into a j. crew store and have them order it over the phone for you. I know I did that a couple weeks ago and saved a couple bucks (plus they let me use my student discount).

I actually got about 100 bucks in my jcrew cart at the moment and I'm trying to figure out if I wanna stop by the mall and have them order it for me so I can use that student discount and possibly get that free shipping. My whole cart is full of summer related stuff I'm planning on wearing while in Nigeria so I'm in no real rush to receive it either way.

#THANKYOUBASEDGOD that I haven't fallen into the leather pants fad, I don't see that lasting for too much longer...

Ready for Kanye to make something else cool

Back
Top Bottom