Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Arent the black dudes in the suits yall bashing the street eitquette cats?

LOL rmember Jkissi when he posted here

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
 @ the quintuple windsor

Arent the black dudes in the suits yall bashing the street eitquette cats?
LOL rmember Jkissi when he posted here
Yes, we all bashed him. I even said it was asinine for him to wear a pocket square on the front pocket of a dress shirt. The guy just stayed positive, and continued on with his blog. They were eventually featured on GQ, Gilt, and have been flown out to other fashion meccas across the world. They are definitely doing their thing, can't hate on that at all. My hat goes off to the his team.

and cargo shorts. The problem with this list (and every other fashion authority) is that they assume everyone is 5'9" and 160 lbs and can wear slim straight jeans and skinny ties. No one talks about dressing for your body type. For example, I am 6'1" and 225lbs with an athletic build and it would be ludicrous for me to follow all the advice in Esquire and the like because I without looking like the Supreme Swag Surfin guy. You gotta find what works for your body type and go with it, not just what the blogs say.
/rant

sort of mirrors that false representation of beauty idea. im 6'2 215lbs. athletic build. i don't cosign the skinny look, imo it makes you look like a b. all chicken legged n ****. but im off that baggy look. be comfortable but keep it fit and clean. skin tight jeans on dudes is :x def not a good look, and yea use the blogs for inspiration, not literal copy and paste.

those street etiquette dudes get respect for what they do, and i think its interesting what they bring to the table. but if you're looking for some style inspiration keep it real. them boys toothpicks and can fit their girlfriend's jeans. doesn't mean you should too...

sort of mirrors that false representation of beauty idea. im 6'2 215lbs. athletic build. i don't cosign the skinny look, imo it makes you look like a b. all chicken legged n ****. but im off that baggy look. be comfortable but keep it fit and clean. skin tight jeans on dudes is :x def not a good look, and yea use the blogs for inspiration, not literal copy and paste.
those street etiquette dudes get respect for what they do, and i think its interesting what they bring to the table. but if you're looking for some style inspiration keep it real. them boys toothpicks and can fit their girlfriend's jeans. doesn't mean you should too...
There are a lot of skinny folks out there that wear oversized drapey articles. They just aren't seen on the mainstream scale because the general public associates "dressing better" with wearing suits.

Skinny look is horrible. Slim will always be timeless. You can find pictures back from many decades to back this statement.

can someone explain the difference between semi formal and business casual attire? i googled it and both seem to be the same (dress shirt with nice pants) i have to go to a wedding in two weeks and im not sure what to wear (shoes, tux/blazer/suit, solid dress shirt?, tie?, khakis/dress pants, etc)

Last edited:
can someone explain the difference between semi formal and business casual attire? i googled it and both seem to be the same (dress shirt with nice pants) i have to go to a wedding in two weeks and im not sure what to wear (shoes, tux/blazer/suit, solid dress shirt?, tie?, khakis/dress pants, etc)

Semi formal your best bet is to go with a suit ( not a tux). Now depending if the wedding is indoors or outside kinda dictates what kinda suit you should wear.

Id say the difference is with business casual you dont have to wear a suit, you could wear just pants & a shirt and tie

Last edited:
Business casual can differ significantly from corporation to corporation. It can be as simple as chinos and polos or more dressed up to proper trousers and dress shirts (with neckwear). Weddings can also vary significantly. I would check what the dress code is. Some prefer tux, others are more relaxed with suits.

Semi formal...never heard the term before. If I had to take a stab in the dark, I'm going to go with a safe bet of a suit without neckwear and pocket square.

A nice messenger bag/briefcase for the office is a good look. Was able to scoop a few to add variety to the norm.
Dude that is some $$$ in bags. Are you getting a deal or something. If so I need one. :D I'm in the market for a bag now.[/quote]

I used to work at Cole Haan as a second job and I had a lot of post here last year offering to hook up fellow NTers with 75% off the website and a few came through in store and I hooked them up with a bunch of stuff.

I used to work at Cole Haan as a second job and I had a lot of post here last year offering to hook up fellow NTers with 75% off the website and a few came through in store and I hooked them up with a bunch of stuff.
Man I missed out. I need a good bag. I am purging my closet and accessories now. Let me know if you come across any deals.

Last edited:
I'm currently looking at persol 714's and 649's on ebay and i see that most are being sold for below retail and all are claiming to be 100% authentic. Just wondering if they really are legit? anyone care to share some info or thoughts on these? thanks

how do 521s fit compared to 514s? especially in the thigh area. i think 514s are too tight for me. was trying to find another style.

If somebody can help me with posting pics this site is even worse than the old niketalk re guarding images

Rain hat ideas.

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Bold choice of colors, not diggin it though.
Anyway, anyone know of a slim-fitting dress shirt that I can buy in many colors? Lookin to upgrade my office attire with a more fitting/contemporary look. I hate how I have some dress shirts that fit well but some of my older ones look pretty dated. Just got that bonus so I'm lookin to spend more on quality than quality.

Shirt and pants - JCrew
Loafers - Cole Haan

That color is a little too bright for your skin tone. Mustard or Salmon would look awesome. The fit is awesome though.

I agree, that's a reallly tough color to rock but I don't think it looks bad here. Props to you for wearing such a bright color though, I don't think I'd be willing to do that just yet :lol: ....I think a dull red or salmon color would've worked really well too like Grizzlyboy said, but the fit of the pants and shirt is on point though which is what matters most...color is more preference

how do 521s fit compared to 514s? especially in the thigh area. i think 514s are too tight for me. was trying to find another style.

If 514s are too tight then the 521s will be too, the only real difference is the taper below the knee, the thigh area feels the same to me pretty much in 514s and 521s. If they're too tight tho you might wanna look at the 505s they're more of a straight fit

You're too big for both of these styles. Don't want to say you're fat, but if you are, shed some lb's it truly goes a long way.

You can try 559's, they will be huge below the knee so you might need to look for a good tailor in your area that will taper a pair.

Back
Top Bottom