Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'm just not sure when I'd rock but I really want to make this move.
Historically, one button suits are reserved for more formal occasions. I would cop the traditional two button suit if I were you. Cuffs are a personal preference, but I'll ask how heavy is the wool? I prefer cuffs on my heavier weight wool trousers. Is the grey fabric and paisley lining posted what you went with?
no pleats means no cuffs

single pleated means cuffs optional

double pleated requires cuffs

tell him foh about one button. get two button suits and maybe one three button if you're over 6 feet

good looks on the paisley always a good choice

Last edited:
The Evolution of Motorcycle Style

The Power Ranger

Unfortunately motorcycle fashion, much like mainstream fashion, took a turn for the worse in the 1980s. Thanks to the Kawasaki Ninja and the rise of sport bikes, bikers wanted to look like their favorite racers, so they wore day-glo leather jackets with crazy shapes and zigzags on them, and suddenly the motorcycling world had been overrun by throngs of Power Ranger lookalikes.

that red jacket is dope what are they talking about. also that pic predates power rangers by a decade

I think it is just a reference to give people of an idea or image int heir head, they are nto saying Power Rangers inspired the look at all.

But if you want to get technical, Power Rangers is based from the Super Sentai series in Japan which debut in 1975 and they rode motorcycles so you can still say that they have a bit of an influence there since US fashion tends to copy Japan and Europe in some regards anyways.

Go to page 1177 if you wanna see why he left.

It's too bad he was extra sensitive because he dropped a lot of good info and I really liked a lot of his professional/work outfits.

Would never even consider wearing some of the outfits he would post on weekends though. I thought he was joking about owning pink foams until I saw that pic posted, blew my mind
laugh.gif
and to think it was a metal watch band that brought it all down...

J Crew has a decent looking velvet blazer. I would buy but I know I would only wear it for that one night and never wear it again.

Good looks, Wes :pimp: . I got a function to attend next month and this may be exactly what I'm looking for until I find the midnight blue tux I want to cop. My only problem is that it's Online Only. Going to have to find time to go in store and try on a Ludlow.

Does J. Crew allow the student discount on Ludlow suiting?

Just follow Wis on IG, he posts all his fits there. Same with Pinoy.

If they don't want to partake in this thread, it's their choice, it will survive and kind of forces other people to contribute.

They felt they needed space.

^Jc penny has some velvet blazers as well. They are J. Ferrar brand, slim fit, and they fit well. Copped 2 (Navy & Black) for a little under 80$.

If they don't want to partake in this thread, it's their choice, it will survive and kind of forces other people to contribute.

:rofl:

Dudes are acting like they were in a committed relationship. :lol: Some people take **** way too seriously, it's just a thread on a messageboard. :rolleyes

Their contributions were great but it's sounding like they think they're something special.

Good looks, Wes :pimp: . I got a function to attend next month and this may be exactly what I'm looking for until I find the midnight blue tux I want to cop. My only problem is that it's Online Only. Going to have to find time to go in store and try on a Ludlow.

Does J. Crew allow the student discount on Ludlow suiting?

No problem man. And I believe student discount counts towards pretty much everything

Speaking of.....my girl's event company is going with a Great Gatsby theme for their NYE celebration/party.

i have no clue what to wear. I was definitely thinking midnight blue, velvet dinner jacket, black trousers and patent black shoes

Or maybe even a white dinner jacket (even though i don't trust myself with white). Also, its gonna be in Miami, so i dunno if my black a** will be sweating in velvet.

Help me out, dads.

Just look up 1920's fashion and you will get a good idea. I am not really sure there were many velvet blazers back then, I've seen the movies including the 49 and 74(?) version and velvet suits weren't present iirc. Were you thinking of Leo in Django? :lol:

As a suggestion though, either go with white/ivory suit or brown tweed w/ a straw hat or newsboy cap. For Florida weather, a white linen suit is probably the most ideal since it is light and very thin but at this time of the year, I am not sure how difficult it is to find one in stores.

i was actually thinking Django his goddamned self, :rofl:

In all honestly, i really just wanna a dinner jacket regardless

I wasn't allowed that privilege in the 20s, Mista RFX. :tongue:

Just went into my local J Crew and got the chino Ludlow in wheat for $115. Jacket was marked down to 110 and pants were 80 with 40% off. :pimp:

Gotta get the pants hemmed but everything else fits well.

I'm wondering if they can stock locate a 36s for me....thanks bro!

Just went into my local J Crew and got the chino Ludlow in wheat for $115. Jacket was marked down to 110 and pants were 80 with 40% off.
pimp.gif

Was just about to post this. Don't forget the student discount as well, mine came out to $105 after taxes. 

Definitely glad I waited to buy the suit online. Found my 36s in store instead of settling for the 36r online.

I'm wondering if they can stock locate a 36s for me....thanks bro!

The store I was at had a ton of those jackets in stock (single vent in the back). I know I saw a couple 38 jackets but not sure if they had 36. Definitely worth a look for the price. Good luck!

I think it is just a reference to give people of an idea or image int heir head, they are nto saying Power Rangers inspired the look at all.

But if you want to get technical, Power Rangers is based from the Super Sentai series in Japan which debut in 1975 and they rode motorcycles so you can still say that they have a bit of an influence there since US fashion tends to copy Japan and Europe in some regards anyways.
Damn i knew the Japanese version was gonna bite me in the ***

:rofl:

Dudes are acting like they were in a committed relationship. :lol: Some people take **** way too seriously, it's just a thread on a messageboard. :rolleyes

Their contributions were great but it's sounding like they think they're something special.

its gonna sound like a shot, but had the feeling dude's were feeling themselves a bit much.. especially pinoy.

i loved their contributions to this thread, when they were helpful. but often times pinoy gave off a condescending tone to people who aren't considered "regulars". but hey, if thats how he treats people that helped him win that contest, so be it.

glad the thread is just as helpful than ever, though.

i need to run to the nearest j crew. that ludlow suit for

In one of the power ranger threads, there was a chart with all the versions of the red ranger. Didn't realize Japan had so many seasons of the show before it started airing in America.

Just went into my local J Crew and got the chino Ludlow in wheat for $115. Jacket was marked down to 110 and pants were 80 with 40% off. :pimp:

Really don't need this at all but that price got me thinking lol

Love this. Peak lapels typically aren't this wide are they?

Typically, no. Those look like some Tom Ford (4"+) lapels. I think most people go for 3.5-3.75" but guys with bigger chests (42"+) can do those wider lapels without it looking too out of place.

Back
Top Bottom