Dressing Better Vol 2.0

You fellas all concerned with looking cute when you should be going with what's practical.  Function > fashion and that's why I use this to snap pics of my reflection in windows, pizza, my sneakers and close-ups of signs for Instagram.

Not usually a fan of black but tried it out today:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2014/01/wdiwt12714-giving-black-try.html

You fellas all concerned with looking cute when you should be going with what's practical.  Function > fashion and that's why I use this to snap pics of my reflection in windows, pizza, my sneakers and close-ups of signs for Instagram.

Practicality can look good too.

I just don't understand how the posting of a camera holster creates this drama, it's hard to believe that it's not being purposely done at this point. The Holdfastgear camera strap not only looks cool but is practical for Elkin's photography work. What matters is that it's practical to him, that he still can perform his job well and that his clients are happy.

Last edited:

You mean this?

:lol:

I own that spider holster and it sucks balls, 2 hours with that and close to 10lbs of equipment around it and it's gonna be pulling your pants down....not to mention...**** is ugly, I pride myself in my appearance as much as my work when I'm out shooting, call it what you bros want...lol

:rofl: @ this fella thinking he rustling anyone...

From last week:
id pass on that jacket. simple clean is all i need.

wow. i am...unfashionably late on discovering your blog (pun). considering how long ago i read the piece on you on tsbmen.com. anyways bookmarked. def a helpful.inspirational blog. bookmarked.

gotta stay up in this thread :smh:

2 pair of the Mezlan's came in today. I have one more that should be here tomorrow.

I'm loving them both. The other pair coming in is similar to the chocolate brown loafer, except its cognac and has a tassel. I'll probably wear the loafers tomorrow with a fit and better pic.

Last edited:

Step your game up!

IMG_308332.jpg

IMG_308333.jpg

2 pair of the Mezlan's came in today. I have one more that should be here tomorrow.

I'm loving them both. The other pair coming in is similar to the chocolate brown loafer, except its cognac and has a tassel. I'll probably wear the loafers tomorrow with a fit and better pic.
I like the monkstraps, not feeling the loafers at all though.

got a shirt similar to this:

wearing it with a dark charcoal suit. what color tie should i wear to go with it? pics would be so helpful! this is for an engagement party if it matters at all.

Last edited:

Step your game up!

IMG_308332.jpg

IMG_308333.jpg
I have that too but it's just to take Brett Farve-esque pics to DM on Instagram.  Jen Selter is the new Jenn Sterger, gonna see what she thinks.

Those are camera holsters.

The man done said that bout 100x now. You dweebs never seen photogs shoot an event or something?

Keep that shxt moving, dugs.
Saw this gent last weekend.

Hmm never seen this before. Learned something new.

Now a lot of the photographers that I've worked with have these^.

Those thinhs are really uncomfortable and restrictive to be honest, maybe is because I'm an extremely active photographer...type that would drop down on the floor to get the shot at any given time...lol

Those thinhs are really uncomfortable and restrictive to be honest, maybe is because I'm an extremely active photographer...type that would drop down on the floor to get the shot at any given time...lol

Ahh I hear you. I've just always seen photographers with them, I've just assumed that it was either really functional for them, or there wasn't anything else on the market.

wearing it with a dark charcoal suit. what color tie should i wear to go with it? pics would be so helpful! this is for an engagement party if it matters at all.

Is your suit pinstriped? If it is I would go with a solid color tie, any dark navy will definitely work and is the safest bet.

Also burgundy or yellow might work as well

Is your suit pinstriped? If it is I would go with a solid color tie, any dark navy will definitely work and is the safest bet.

Also burgundy or yellow might work as well
Wasn't someone looking for15.5/37 shirts?  There you go.

that was actually me ironically, but i didn't buy that shirt lol...just happens to be similar to the size i needed.

my suit is just a solid, dark charcoal though. i'm guessing any navy tie would do?

Yup. Also I think something like this would look nice too. Anyone know the name of this type of pattern

Last edited:
Anyone messing with these AE gators?

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonlin...em_AlligatorB&utm_content=HeroWebGemAlligator

This is the only one I would actually wear, never was a huge fan of gators, they just look dated to me. Wouldn't mind some other exotic hides though
I haven't really considered them because most are ugly but it's possible the right pair of gators could be ostentatious enough to look cool, I'm just not a fan of that split toe style.  Those aren't bad enough to be some Kings of Comedy **** (maybe because they're not like light blue or something).  For the price of a good pair, there are just so many other options I'd go for first.

Back
Top Bottom