Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Congrats on the position man..

Charlotte is a cool place! Uptown area and NODA are pretty cool if i say so myself.. I'm in the Raleigh/Durham area so i visit semi-frequently.

Thanks everyone, I may have to hit you up for some info later.

And hey guys, I am going to try to transfer to AE store in Charlotte, I will keep you posted lol
i was like how dare carline transfer before i cop them dalton firsts!

lol congrats man

i wish they would go to more of an express type system with rewards and discount cards when you spend X. I copped some chinos today and used the student discount but i really wanted some ties.. and 2 ties alone is retro/AE seconds on sale price. :lol:

Chill with Adrian today; great time as always. We went to the Proper Cloth sample sale in the City, he gave me my Carmina's that I had shipped to his address (no state tax in NJ!) and Gap Japanese Selvedge. Then went to Michael Andrews Bespoke…but I'll let him post his pick up when he wants.

Proper Cloth Sample Sale $20 a shirt when you mention The Choosy Beggar

Pick-Ups:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2014/01/proper-cloth-sample-sale-gap-japanese.html

Carmina Greeley Boot-more on the blog:
http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2014/01/pick-up-carmina-greeley-balmoral-boot.html

Great deals here: http://epauletnewyork.com/products/southwick-overstock-jackets

Spent the last several days traveling to the midwest and south. Saw a lot of Timbs in Chicago. Ironically enough, saw a lot of retro Js in Wisconsin. Folks in Houston were darn friendly, but the roads are weird and toll road was unexpected! Broncos gear were rocked by everyone in Denver :lol:

I thought I would like this traveling thing, but I'm not too fond of it now. Eating not so healthy foods, plus being in a new city every day takes a toll on you. Good thing I'm a fast runner...was able to sprint from one concourse to another at Chicago O' Hare within 3 mins...made it on the plane seconds before they closed the door :lol: Experienced delays due to snow for the first time on the first flight :lol: :frown:

Congrats, C! You already know that though, and I'm thoroughly happy for the advancements made by my friends.

RE: J. Crew and its strategy. That's a given. Their profit margin is so high that even at 40% off, they're making money off. This is why nothing should ever be paid at retail from the brand.

Last edited:
Is there a way to stop sweaters from pilling so much or is it just dependent on the quality of fabric?

Is there a way to stop sweaters from pilling so much or is it just dependent on the quality of fabric?
Mostly quality and how you care. My Vince is piling up badly because I use it with my workwear backpack that has rough leather.

Any specific way to care for them so they won't pill? All of my Uniqlo sweaters pill bad, don't want it to happen to ones that I paid more for.

...Broncos gear were rocked by everyone in Denver
laugh.gif
Yes sir
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
nthat.gif
Shoulda gave a DBNT comrade a pm when you were in town. Could've gave you the grand tour.
Any specific way to care for them so they won't pill? All of my Uniqlo sweaters pill bad, don't want it to happen to ones that I paid more for.
All sweaters pill. I've had sweaters pill badly whether I spent $50 or $300. I've even had cheap sweaters that never pilled. I try and pull all pilling from sweaters after I wear them to keep them from building up to a point of no return. They make brushes to scape away pilling also.

MARZ: I wish I had the time! I was in and out so quickly. Would love to link up with all the dudes, ie Tim in Chi and Shawn in Houston.

Anyone know of a spot that sells camo shorts that are on the slimmer side with a shorter in-seam (somewhere around 9-in)?

Gracias chicos.

In the summer/spring, try UO.

What I'm doing this summer is cutting up 4 extra pairs of dockers alpha joints I got on serious discos (all under $25) into shorts...

Anyone know of a spot that sells camo shorts that are on the slimmer side with a shorter in-seam (somewhere around 9-in)?

Gracias chicos.
Epaulet has their digi camo shorts on sale right now. With the current 25% off on clearance items it should come to $75 or so. If you're unsure of the fit, stop by their store in Santa Monica to try prior since sales on clearance items are final.

Back
Top Bottom