Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Man, I eny some of you fellas who can dress up to work.

At any given moment, I have to head out to construction sites n ****.... damb.

Construction boots all day.
No shame in that at all, man.

I used to work in manufacturing. I helped concoct protocols that call for wearing non slip shoes and such. I wore them too. They looked like some Rockports old folks wear. That was when I wore cheap H and M gear since sometimes I helped out too when manpower was low though it wasn't in my job description.

I'm interviewing with about 10 companies. Half of them are in construction, oil, solar, etc that would require me to wear safety boots, hard hats, hazmat suits for field work. If I can raise my salary by 50%, I'll gladly wear my nice clothes on the weekend and go back to the wack joints.

Wearing nice clothes is nice, but making big boy money is nicer.

I wear scrubs all day and the days I dress up and wear a clinic gown over I get looks for dressing up.

All good, I'm not there to impress anyone, just feels proper and good to dress up every once in a while.

Love my Wabasha's

I've been checking online for some Olive green jeans or chinos but can't seem to find an worth the purchase. I want something similar to what Chris Paul had on when he was on the jay leno show lol

I've been checking online for some Olive green jeans or chinos but can't seem to find an worth the purchase. I want something similar to what Chris Paul had on when he was on the jay leno show lol
Not sure what your budget is, but I got my Gant Rugger olive green cords last year for like 50-65% off during Nordstrom's sale.

I got a seam ripper from wal mart for like $2 or something. Comes in handy for opening pockets, removing unsightly labels on clothes, etc.
That is handy. I just use a find scissors :lol: Slowly pull apart one side so you can see the stitching and slowly cut the parts off.

Received my Jack Spade backpack today. Even at 60% off, I'm not too happy with it. It will go back tomorrow. I guess I'll get that A. Wang joint sooner or later.

Hey guys, I'm one of the older heads in here (joined in 01) and really only post and follow this thread these days. I'm wondering if you could help keep the NT winning tradition alive and have your network "like" the picture. I am doing a bachelors auction for charity and would love the support we showed KSteezy in the TSB contest and others.

For those wondering, the shirt is Charles Tyrwhitt and the tie is a grenadine by Chipp2. Allen Edmonds Strands in walnut were worn.

Voted.

BTW, picked out some Gordon Rush Cooper for our wedding party (groomsmen in my friends wedding)...they were just $80 at Nordstrom Rack, so hopefully that suits these guys' budget. But walked around in em for a bit and found them pretty comfy overall. Though they do run small. But think its cool, simple and most importantly CHEAP. This way these country bumpkins will look sharper than choosing their own shoes (ugly square toe crap...yikes)

I'd love these captoes in the middle instead, but for the groomsmen budget, I dont think it'll fly :frown: The navy tux rental was a push already. and as best man, i know my dude wants us all in the same shoe too.

Also "splurged" haha and bought some Coopers too. Love me some black x tan for just $70! Great with jeans.My Spring/summer shoe:

Altogether spent like $160 at the Rack after adding 2pairs of Happy socks. im not mad at that. That was in union square for you NYC folks..

In other news, thinking I want a bowtie for a navy j.crew thompson suit just to wear as my friend's date to a different wedding this week...thinking pink shirt underneath. Any bowtie recommendations?

Thankssss fam-a-lam8)

EDIT: I'm actually loving this tie for navy suit with pink shirt...thoughts? btw this is the sister of a girl who got married in october and the family/friends do bowties for guys attending the wedding (not in wedding party). hence my bowtie search. Not trying to be showoff :lol:

Last edited:
Received my Jack Spade backpack today. Even at 60% off, I'm not too happy with it. It will go back tomorrow. I guess I'll get that A. Wang joint sooner or later.

curious what'd you not like about it? build quality? fit? color?
I thought it looked good from the product page link you had up. Even had nice pockets inside too (or looked that way)

curious what'd you not like about it? build quality? fit? color?
I thought it looked good from the product page link you had up. Even had nice pockets inside too (or looked that way)
Like doc said, it's quite small. It's probably the same size as the standard Jansport joint we all had as kids. Even though it was 60% off, I couldn't keep it. Will just pony up for the one I really want.

The quality is alright for the on sale price. Def not worth the retail of $370 or whatever it was.

Question fpr wj4:

Is your Baracuta Harrington the "Natural" color or "British Khaki" ?

Thanks
Hey bro,

I actually have no idea. I got it a couple of years ago. If I had to guess, I would say the former. It's not a rich/dark shade of tan.

If you're getting one, I suggest sizing down. I usually take a 38 in most sport coats, and I take the Baracuta in a 36...it has room for layering too.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought.

Did you buy it at JCrew ? I'm fairly certain that they only sold the natural.

I bought one last year but still haven't worn it. I'm in Canada so I'll have to wait until spring.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought.

Did you buy it at JCrew ? I'm fairly certain that they only sold the natural.

I bought one last year but still haven't worn it. I'm in Canada so I'll have to wait until spring.
Yes sir. I got it off J. Crew when they offered it. I think they had a navy and red too. I wanted a khaki one though because I think that's more classic. First thought that comes to mind is actually Al Bundy :lol:

It's quite warming for what it is, man. The lining keeps you warm despite it weighing like a windbreaker more or less. Of course you're in Canada, so temps are kinda crazy right now.

Al Bundy :lol:

Yes that's true, its a very conservative jacket (especially in the natural color), but style icons like James Dean and McQueen wore them regularly as well as Elvis.

In Rebel Without A Cause, Dean wears one and is shunned by the cool kids as a square, so it has a certain anti-cool vibe to it which I love.

Unfortunately, since Baracuta was purchased by WP Lavori, the price was increased to $350 and you can only buy them online or at WP Lavori stores in Italy. I don't think you can buy the new version anywhere in the USA as far as I know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom