Dressing Better Vol 2.0

wj4 and pinoy732 inbox me the style you want and color combo also your address
PM is sending now, my man. I'll rep you heavy this winter. Will wear on all jackets: sport coats, pea coat, overcoat :lol: :smokin

Also, 1st and Ly: if you dudes don't mind, I'd like to post about you guys on my blog on your DIYs. I always support my fellow members. I wish I have the patience to do this kind of stuff, but alas I don't. The only project I tried was to customized a pair of AF1 low tops in a Dip Set colorway back in 2004-05 and failed misery. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
^^^i can only imaging how that custom job went, tons
of red, white and blue paints lol. Also i don't mind the
blog post, do your thing man

^^^i can only imaging how that custom job went, tons
of red, white and blue paints lol. Also i don't mind the
blog post, do your thing man
It was really bad. I wish I had the pictures still, I posted on here initially. I made a matching shirt for it as well. This was during the Miskeen era when hand painted shirts were in. :lol: Thanks, man!

Couple of recent pick ups...

Clarks and Jack Purcells. Purcells are leather btw.

2s627mp.jpg

If I went to a tailor to get my suit jacket tailored, can I tell him/her I want a slimmer fit and they'll know what I mean? Or should I bring pictures of what I want it to look like? :nerd:

Thanks

If I went to a tailor to get my suit jacket tailored, can I tell him/her I want a slimmer fit and they'll know what I mean? Or should I bring pictures of what I want it to look like? :nerd:
Thanks
Too vague. What is slimmer fit? Do you want to compress the waist? If so, that's a pretty basic job. Do you want to shorten the jacket? If so, probably not worth it because it will throw off the silhouette.

Details of my outfit from last night. Had a little late birthday celebration.

Them diamonds looking real cloudy my dude..."Take that monkey $h_t off you embarrassing us!"

I'm just playing, that fit is clean. :lol: What did you do with the rest of it, jeans and loafers? And info on the blazer as well :nerd:

Also, 1st and Ly: if you dudes don't mind, I'd like to post about you guys on my blog on your DIYs. I always support my fellow members. I wish I have the patience to do this kind of stuff, but alas I don't. The only project I tried was to customized a pair of AF1 low tops in a Dip Set colorway back in 2004-05 and failed misery. :lol: :smh:

No problem wj4, let me know if you wanted to know anything else about the process, appreciate your advice once again

lyon, if you can make something like these in a 32:

http://www.tannergoods.com/products/standard-belt-natural-brass

http://www.etsy.com/listing/9525192...ip_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all

i'd be more than happy to send you the money and support you. i'd welcome an NT discount :wink:

Sure thing my man, PM me and we can discuss it a little further....and definitely discounted for the NT fam :smokin

they came out pretty well, i have to dabble with more shapes

look good on a coat as well.
if you would like me to make you one inbox me
How much are you charging, dude? I like it. Always down to support fellow members. I'm certain you will get better as time goes on.

Hey man, I'd be interested in those lapel pins too, those look sweet, I'll pm you

***Also if any of you guys would like a certain type of belt made for you let me know and we can discuss it, always willing to help out my NT bros

Last edited:
The Cole Haan bags are scattered at Marshall's and TJ Maxx. Some are $100, larger ones are more. I am guessing that is where the ones posted earlier came from.

No, they came from a Cole Haan clearance center that is now shut down.

Cole Haan product flow goes like:

Cole Haan first quality -> Cole Haan Outlet -> Cole Haan Clearance -> Other big box discount stores like Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx.

Was definitely hooking up NTers with the online and in-store discounts when they came by before the close.

Broke these in a little bit last night and wore them to work today.
Allen Edmonds Clifton

Whole fit. Excuse the bathroom shot, my work lanyard, and my long tie (I was in a rush this morning :lol:).

Details...
Charles Tyrwhitt Pink & sky fine stripe non-iron cutaway slim fit shirt & Charles Tyrwhitt Sky oval neat woven tie

Banana Republic Tailored slim charcoal plaid wool trouser

Bonus - Allen Edmonds "Clifton" reminded me of Tony Clifton/Andy Kaufman and Jim Carrey's movie Man on the Moon (WATCH this if you haven't seen it yet :pimp:).
I like the Prince of Wale pattern on the trousers. You're drowning in the shirt though, and the tie is too long and wide. PS good effort on a full windsor on the wide collar shirt :smile:

Thanks
Too vague. What is slimmer fit? Do you want to compress the waist? If so, that's a pretty basic job. Do you want to shorten the jacket? If so, probably not worth it because it will throw off the silhouette.

I want to shorten it because the jacket is too long and the sleeves tighter... Is it worth it to get it tailored? Or should I just get a new jacket all together?

Back
Top Bottom