Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Funny thing is, and this is not a shot at people who work retail but the ones with the attitude, most of the people working for brands that might look down on customers based on appearance wouldn't even be able to afford the brand on their salary without that employee discount.  It's like, MFer you WORK here, you don't own the place.

Funny thing is, and this is not a shot at people who work retail but the ones with the attitude, most of the people working for brands that might look down on customers based on appearance wouldn't even be able to afford the brand on their salary without that employee discount.  It's like, MFer you WORK here, you don't own the place.
I think a lot of those folks just work there for the wardrobe allowance. No pay in heck a salesman at Tom Ford can afford one of their suits without the allowance given. I do agree though.

everyone in here feeling like julia roberts

Reminds me one time I was at the Beverly Center and shopping inside LV. There was this black cat with mad ice on. I overheard a couple of ladies talking behind me and picked up "I wonder if he's an athlete or a rapper" :lol:

Rodeo Dr is such a tourist trap. Folks just go browsing and take pics, but no one cops anything.

I think a lot of those folks just work there for the wardrobe allowance. No pay in heck a salesman at Tom Ford can afford one of their suits without the allowance given. I do agree though.
i'd take a part time position at TF if i could get some of their suits 
laugh.gif

but yea, retail workers who look down on you <<<<

I remember during senior year of hs i was looking for some new dress shirts and being new to menswear at the time, i found charles tyrwhitt to have decent spread collars and an ok price. Went to the store near the bear stearns bldg dressed in a supreme varsity and visvim virgils and none of the workers paid any attention and walked by me like i was invisible 
mean.gif

i dont really go into higher end stores much though. The vibe i get from the employees is just a turn off.

I like going in high end stores lookong bummy and making them look foolish for assuming I can't afford anything there. No commission for you,dumb @#$ (this only applies to some stores though)

Nordstrom NEVER has that problem though. I swear, I walked in one time looking like a hobo with a grizzly @#$ beard, wrinkled up Hanes t shirt, adidas sweats, and flip flops, and they still wouldn't leave me alone. It was actually irritating cause they don't let you shop in peace :lol:

Last edited:
For those with a well verse wardrobe already, you guys ever think about taking a break? I haven't cop a suit or menswear stuff in a while. I realize that I'm not going to maintain my current physique forever and it would be a shame to not really enjoy my clothes. My upper body grew a bit and I can feel some of my older stuff a bit tight. At this point, I'm just gonna rock what I have until I feel like I got my money's worth.

For those with a well verse wardrobe already, you guys ever think about taking a break? I haven't cop a suit or menswear stuff in a while. I realize that I'm not going to maintain my current physique forever and it would be a shame to not really enjoy my clothes. My upper body grew a bit and I can feel some of my older stuff a bit tight. At this point, I'm just gonna rock what I have until I feel like I got my money's worth.

Does this apply to those without a well-versed wardrobe?

If so... *raises hand*

Usually dress bummy being in school dont really care. Had to dress up this one day for this presentation and it was like complete 180 on how ppl treating me lol. People calling me sir, gentleman, people smiling at me, more friendly to me. Felt like I was someone else

You guys are purposely dressing like bums to prove a point?

No, I just dress/look bummy in general unless I'm at work or if I know I'm going to a place where I'll be talking to attractive women. Don't care at all about shaving, getting dressed, and looking good for random people I will never talk to/see again

Workout clothes and flip flops :pimp: I know some of you would rather die than dress like that but whatever :lol:

Last edited:
How much would a taper alteration cost for a pair of jeans typically?
Depends on how far up the split is. Mine charges $25 or so.

If it's raw denim or a heavy weight I would make sure they're capable of handling it especially when it comes to restitching.

No, I just dress/look bummy in general unless I'm at work or if I know I'm going to a place where I'll be talking to attractive women. Don't care at all about shaving, getting dressed, and looking good for random people I will never talk to/see again

Workout clothes and flip flops :pimp: I know some of you would rather die than dress like that but whatever :lol:
I go to get my hair cut in bball shorts, and Nike sandals. When I go out in the summer time, it's a tank, slip ons or sneakers and better shorts. More or less the same format just better coordinated.

I wear sweats here and there but it just isn't my go to casual clothes. Jeans and tee plus sneakers (and a jacket if cold) is my go to casual clothes. Sweats are mainly for for going to workouts (I usually workout outside, not a gym rat) or wearing it during flights for comfort and ease. My sweats doesn't even really look bummy these days anyways, they're tailored and slim all around still. Got to lounge in proper style.

I wear sweats here and there but it just isn't my go to casual clothes. Jeans and tee plus sneakers (and a jacket if cold) is my go to casual clothes. Sweats are mainly for for going to workouts (I usually workout outside, not a gym rat) or wearing it during flights for comfort and ease. My sweats doesn't even really look bummy these days anyways, they're tailored and slim all around still. Got to lounge in proper style.
I agree with catching a flight portion. Comfy sweats, and t shirt are my go to pieces. No suit or biz casual for me while flying.

I also agree on sweats being slim. I lounge in them all the time. Sweat shorts will be rocked heavily in the summer.

I love these tapered J. Crew sweats.

Actually rocked the same joints for an outing

I bought some raw Japanese selvedge and black Japanese selvedge slim jeans during the gap f&f sale. They fit pretty well and I think both are 13 oz. Not too heavy to wear now that it's spring.

Looking for a cheaper alternative to the Gucci driver shoes. My boy rocked a pair this weekend that looked great but but I can't be dropping $500 on a pair of casual shoes.

I guess I'm basically looking for a quality brown/black leather driver with a nice modern/stylish shape. Don't really like the shape of the AE drivers I checked out.

Any recommendations?
Rockport and Banana Republic have some for around a $100. Not bad looking either.
Thanks for the recommendations. Do youou know of any drivers that are a little more pointed and sleek looking? Wouldn't mind paying around $200 if the profile is what I'm looking for. 

Thanks for the recommendations. Do youou know of any drivers that are a little more pointed and sleek looking? Wouldn't mind paying around $200 if the profile is what I'm looking for. 
Not really. Drivers are casual shoes and are quite bulbous. If you want sleeker then look into loafers. Billy Reid isn't the best brand but for quick comparison of driving mocs vs loafers:

Back
Top Bottom