Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Can anyone direct me to a pair of suede double monks in the USA for 300 or less?

I know a few from europe but don't feel like ordering from there unless I can't find a pair in the states.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4360406

2nds from Allen Edmonds can sometimes be found in suede - what size and I can maybe check

also DSW always has something, not sure what type of quality you would settle for

Thanks but neither of those are suede, however I may be interested in the AE moras. I wear a size 7.5 in AE.. How are you getting that pricing though for 170?

Also does anyone have experience with Suit Supply shoes? They have a suede double monk that i may consider buying.

Last edited:
Where's a good place to get good fitting baseball tee type shirts.. :nerd:
Assuming your physique is not an outlier, any mall brand would do it. J. Crew would be my first guess. If you want to spend more, head to stores like Barneys and Neiman. Less, go to Zara and H&M.

Thanks but neither of those are suede, however I may be interested in the AE moras. I wear a size 7.5 in AE.. How are you getting that pricing though for 170?

Also does anyone have experience with Suit Supply shoes? They have a suede double monk that i may consider buying.

I wouldn't at their price point. I'm pretty sure they aren't Goodyear Welted and for that price you can get a much better made shoe from AE for example.

FYI some companies are using this Goodyear welting to market their shoes. Some Blake stitching are as good or better than poorer Goodyear welting.

Welp, didn't realize that they are blake-stitched, always thought they were glued. However, from the couple times I grabbed their shoes in-store I wasn't super impressed at the price point.

FYI some companies are using this Goodyear welting to market their shoes. Some Blake stitching are as good or better than poorer Goodyear welting.
Goodyear welting on poor quality uppers defeats the purpose.

I do not know how many times I have had to say this to Sergio.

If that's the case, then yeah you definitely can't claim anything.

3" tie is fine. Ditch the tie bar. Way too overdone now
Wait...according to who?  And if dude likes wearing a tie bar, let him rock. 
eyes.gif

I'm not recommending SS shoes and was implying AE Seconds if you're going to spend SS shoe money, may as well go with AE Seconds.

Welp, didn't realize that they are blake-stitched, always thought they were glued. However, from the couple times I grabbed their shoes in-store I wasn't super impressed at the price point.

I'm not recommending SS shoes and was implying AE Seconds if you're going to spend SS shoe money, may as well go with AE Seconds.
I have talked to you about those horrid JCrew chukkas. Your only real reasons for copping was for it was "a deal" and GYW. Pointless cop. Pointless reason.

For example, Beckett Simonon is a company who produces GYW shoes at a low cost. While I have not handled them in person, the leather looks to be very cheap and poorly made. When the sole gives, why would someone even waste their time/money in resoling if the uppers won't last much longer?

http://www.beckettsimonon.com/collections/shoes

Where's a good place to get good fitting baseball tee type shirts.. :nerd:
Assuming your physique is not an outlier, any mall brand would do it. J. Crew would be my first guess. If you want to spend more, head to stores like Barneys and Neiman. Less, go to Zara and H&M.

Cool thanks. I'm probably just not looking hard enough. Just really want a basic white with black shoulders baseball tee. Will look today or tomorrow after work. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom