Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Which pair you cop? I might end up scooping the teal/black pair for half off but even then, I doubt I'd really wear them.

I hated them before I put them on my foot. It's a near perfect casual sneaker imo.

My man Henny must've breezed through Niemans earlier. They have every Arenas hue in existance.. in store only.

White midsole = can't dress up (though many would argue you can't dress up a sneaker to begin with).

Arenas = glorified skate shoes (my opinion).

The bottom pair might be your best bet, but my personal rule of thumb is that if I'm trying to dress up sneakers, they have to be monotone (all black). These SLP's may be worth looking into?

Gotchu.

Agreed on the Aikane. Wasnt really including that one in my mental process. The other two look fantastic with a myriad of different fits. And good suggestion on the SLP's. Never seen those before.. clean looking shoe.

Last edited:
can someone recommend some nice chinos? the ones at uniqlo are a little too wide at the cuff.
i prefer a pair that is straight leg to slightly slim cut(no super slim) and slightly tapered at the cuff if possible.
i would like a pair similar to these in color and also olive.

can someone recommend some nice chinos? the ones at uniqlo are a little too wide at the cuff.
i prefer a pair that is straight leg to slightly slim cut(no super slim) and slightly tapered at the cuff if possible.

How much are you looking to spend? Some that I've been thinking about:

Jcrew 484 cut
Epaulet rivet chino
Apolis utility or standard chino

I was out of town and had to buy an outfit to go out, I bought some Chinos from H&M that were surprisingly nice given what they cost.

^my thighs are on the bigger side so whenever i get a pair that fits my thighs the bottom is a little bit too wide for my liking and vice versa.
i was thinking of spending less than $100. thanks for the tips! i'll check out h&m.

^my thighs are on the bigger side so whenever i get a pair that fits my thighs the bottom is a little bit too wide for my liking and vice versa.
i was thinking of spending less than $100. thanks for the tips! i'll check out h&m.

$20 at the tailor to slim/taper and your problem is solved.

I want to take one of you shopping with me haha.
Getting a new suit this weekend and I know nothing I get will be good enough for the nt dressing better goons

I want to take one of you shopping with me haha.
Getting a new suit this weekend and I know nothing I get will be good enough for the nt dressing better goons
Post your pics under Classic Men section on SF if you think dudes in here are picky. If your pants are 1 mm too short, they will let you know.

Last edited:
How much are you looking to spend? Some that I've been thinking about:

Jcrew 484 cut
Epaulet rivet chino
Apolis utility or standard chino

Love Brooks Brothers Red Fleece line. They have a 5 pocket pan, that is near equal to an AG in quality, imo

$20 at the tailor to slim/taper and your problem is solved.
Size up in skinny/slim cut

I am a natural 32 waste and i have about 4 pairs of dockers alpha's that are the slim/skinny cut.  The taper is perfect.  I own 2 size 34x32s and 2 size 33x32.  The 33x32 out of the dryer need to be broken in since they are tight but the 34x32 is perfect...just need a belt and even then its not bad at all,  would do no belt and let them sit on my hips if i was sagging work pants or something 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Has anyone had T-shirts shortened at a tailor? I have a t-shirt that I recently just bought but its too long for me and I don't wanna throw it in the dryer cuz it'll shrink everywhere

Has anyone had T-shirts shortened at a tailor? I have a t-shirt that I recently just bought but its too long for me and I don't wanna throw it in the dryer cuz it'll shrink everywhere
Nope, but I am sure they can. Tell us how it goes. And take before and after pics so we can reference it in the future.

Don't lemme catch one of you dudes in these Cole Haan Zerogrands.
They doing too much.

Fellas, question about watch straps. If I have tan leather shoes and a tan belt, am I tacky for having a black leather watch strap? It's a Daniel Wellington so I can get tan straps for it and swap them out. Should I match my watch strap with my shoes?

Fellas, question about watch straps. If I have tan leather shoes and a tan belt, am I tacky for having a black leather watch strap? It's a Daniel Wellington so I can get tan straps for it and swap them out. Should I match my watch strap with my shoes?
Nope. I personally think it's much switching out the strap to match everything else.

I personally never change straps to match.

Nope. I personally think it's much switching out the strap to match everything else.

I personally never change straps to match.

It's worth swapping out. One thing if you had brown shoes and a black strap, not as much of a difference. With tan, I would do one of the following:

1. Swap out to a dark brown strap and wear no matter what color shoe I am wearing (what I currently do)
2. Have a second strap that's tan and your current black and swap accordingly
3. Buy another watch with a brown hue band and switch as you see fit

This is just my opinion though.

Steezy and I were joking about getting tailored scrubs a long time ago lol. But then I would actually have to spend money on them. I'm good with the baggy joints for free

Back
Top Bottom