Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I've been waiting for this denim popover to go on sale for a while and finally grabbed it for almost half off the original price.
Any suggestions on what to wear it with? Black denim for sure, but I'm not sure what to layer over it if it gets a little chilly.

That denim popover is smooth. The black denim is the right move with it imo.

DB bros couple questions... As far as black denim, is my best option (for the price) the N&F Skinny Guys?

Also, anywhere I can find beeswax desert boots or wallabees for under retail?

That denim popover is smooth. The black denim is the right move with it imo.

DB bros couple questions... As far as black denim, is my best option (for the price) the N&F Skinny Guys?

Also, anywhere I can find beeswax desert boots or wallabees for under retail?

I'm Getting the black denim Adrian posted weeks ago. I believe they are the N&F skinny guy. I believe for the price point they are your best bet.

As for the boots check Nordstrom Rack got mine for 60-70 bucks

Last edited:
With the number of shoes in my rotation I will likely never resole anything lol. I think shell looks great and ages well as it breaks in. Never seen it on a sneaker so that was intriguing.
Exactly. If I were still into luxury kicks, I would've gave Epaulet sneakers a second thought. At $295, it's a hot deal. I think the pre order even sold out?

The last time I really wore down a pair of sneakers was around the 11th grade, before I got a job to afford new Jordans/Nikes every month or two, when my mom bought me one pair per semester. And that was with daily balling, running, etc.

Luxury kicks also wear down a lot slower than normal kicks because of the better materials used. My MMM GATs were my dedicated shoes when I traveled for my old job, walked in them a lot, and the tread were still looking great when I sold them.

You don't even need to age shell that well. You can tell it's different from leather from the first wear. The way it wrinkles or as they call it, 'form waves'. I have about 10 pairs of shell, most rarely worn much in the sun to form thorough patina, but they all look different than how they were started.

If you have to worry so much about thinking of resoling sneakers, then you should probably stick to cheapy ones IMO.

Hey guys I'm trying to make the transition into dress shoes. I've only owned one pair of dress shoes and I don't remember the brand but they were a size 10 and fit great once broken into. I'm interested in purchasing the Alden's and the trainers would you guys recommend a 10 for me also? The only thing I can really compare is that I wear a 9.5 in Jordan's and a 10 in Nike basketball sneakers but can go half a size down for a perfect fit. Sorry if I sound like a noob I just don't want my first purchase to not fit and then I'm assed out

Hey guys I'm trying to make the transition into dress shoes. I've only owned one pair of dress shoes and I don't remember the brand but they were a size 10 and fit great once broken into. I'm interested in purchasing the Alden's and the trainers would you guys recommend a 10 for me also? The only thing I can really compare is that I wear a 9.5 in Jordan's and a 10 in Nike basketball sneakers but can go half a size down for a perfect fit. Sorry if I sound like a noob I just don't want my first purchase to not fit and then I'm assed out
Get fitted on a brandock device to find out your shoe size. Buying casual and dress shoes are a lot more complicated than buying sneakers since they come in many widths and lasts.

For example: I wear a size 9 US in almost all Jordans and Nikes. For dress and casual shoes I range from 7 UK to 9 US with everything in between.

Aldens usually come in a wide range of lasts too. All of mine are on the clunky Barrie last so you size down half for them.

Got this suit from an overseas made to measure shops.

Brother had a credit so this suit was free. Sent in my measurements and this is what came in today.

Suit feels comfortable and not restricting like many otr I've tried on, but I feel like I'm looking like a box.

I never wear a suit except for interviews, but I figured I can afford some alterations to make this at least semi-presentable.

Obviously besides some ironing, I would like to shorten the sleeves. And that's all I know. I'm not so much concerned about the pants, just the jacket.

Thanks bruhs!

Got this suit from an overseas made to measure shops.

Brother had a credit so this suit was free. Sent in my measurements and this is what came in today.

Suit feels comfortable and not restricting like many otr I've tried on, but I feel like I'm looking like a box.

I never wear a suit except for interviews, but I figured I can afford some alterations to make this at least semi-presentable.

Obviously besides some ironing, I would like to shorten the sleeves. And that's all I know. I'm not so much concerned about the pants, just the jacket.

Thanks bruhs!

Actually fits pretty well but I see what you mean. If you can as I'm not sure how much space you have between the fabric and your body, have it nipped just a little bit at the waist to get this --> ) ( going. I've had some of my jackets where I've had this issue, from MTM to Bespoke and have had my guy just nip it a little at the waist.

Here is an example with one of my bespoke jackets. The guy who fitted me the first time was insistent it fit perfectly, it didn't.

Same jacket, got it nipped:

Last edited:
i know i'm in the minority but the Wallabees are hurt af. the soles look hella funny to me, for some reason.

Last edited:
Get fitted on a brandock device to find out your shoe size. Buying casual and dress shoes are a lot more complicated than buying sneakers since they come in many widths and lasts.

For example: I wear a size 9 US in almost all Jordans and Nikes. For dress and casual shoes I range from 7 UK to 9 US with everything in between.

Aldens usually come in a wide range of lasts too. All of mine are on the clunky Barrie last so you size down half for them.

i just looked lasts up and man there's a bunch of them lol. Thank you for the info probably going to go with a 9.5 in both and if I pass by a store on my free time I'll get fitted to know for sure.

Last edited:
i just looked lasts up and man there's a bunch of them lol. Thank you for the info probably going to go with a 9.5 in both and if I pass by a store on my free time I'll get fitted to know for sure.
You can get fitted at any shoe store. Stop by a footlocker and get fitted.

Fyi. Credit to an SF member.

Back
Top Bottom