Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I love Schott, but their sizing is very weird and the jackets are very heavy.

The jackets sold at their retail store vs jackets sold on other sites (UO, Lucky Brand) have different fits..even though the model might be the same.

You really need to try them on before purchasing to make sure you get the right fit.

Shameless plug

all 3 perfectos are the 626 model..but all 3 fit differently lol
You bring up a good point. I was dumbfound as how many places Schott are sold at. I went to their website and typed in my zip code and found a slew of retailers from their flagship stores to discounted places. I'm thinking it's probably like Nike gear being sold at Macy's vs Nike stores. The prices are very different, but so are the cuts and fabrics.

The flagship store I went to was dope. It had an old school feel, a lot of exposed wood and nuts/bolts with a motorcycle in the middle. Dope leather jackets and nylon joints along with selvedge denim. Prices are also expensive for the general public.

How long is it? Like where does it hit? Mid-thigh? It's on sale + 40% off so I'm debating grabbing, but I like my coats long.
I'm 6'2 and I have the medium; it hits mid thigh on me. If you're looking for below the knee, then this one might be too short for you! @FLYKNITLVR
Do you still see it online? I don't see it on there anymore. If so, could you post the link
nerd.gif
It's no longer online, and the other colors they have are pretty lacking on sizes, but if you live in a big city that has one of their huge stand-alone flagship stores, they'll more than likely have them there. I got mine from the michigan ave store in chicago, even though it said they were sold out online. @bwrestler15
@1982
if you say the drape is where it's at, I guess i'ma have to keep it like that , @wj4

^What kind of a varsity is that? Length looks longer than usual, which is interesting.

^What kind of a varsity is that? Length looks longer than usual, which is interesting.

Reason clothing 5th year anniversary alma mater. Used to get free stuff from them all the time in college. Brand sold out and quality is terrible now. This jacket is from '09 I think.

Last edited:
Nice post Wis. Whenever I do decide to go through with a leather purchase it'll probably be a Schott. Hesitant since there aren't any stores near me to try them on though.

If you live in ny there's one on Elizabeth or Mott can't remember but I went there last week looking for those fingerless leather gloves had them but the fit on mens fingerless gloves are always :x too big.

I don't have ham sized mits so I guess I'll be keeping my brixtons for another year.

Nordstrom got some Schotts but no smalls. This is a medium. A bit length though everything else is ok.

Last edited:
I agree you can't go wrong with Clarks. If you were interested in some other options I just ran across this so I figured it might help you.
http://www.valetmag.com/personal-shopper/shop-talk/2014/fall-buying-planner-footwear-chukkas.php

No offense but I never want to wear clarks again.. growing up in the caribbean Clarks have been a stable since primary school.. I've owned a pair since I was 6 Im 24 now. My price range is 100-200.. probably want something high top

Back
Top Bottom