Dressing Better Vol 2.0

$140 for navy jacket and $220 for grey DB three piece. My homie hooked the prince of wales suit up for me but that would've ran $220.

Y'all really should've went today though...two of my boys/NTers reported back that extreme price drops were had today. I'm talking $80 suits, $1 shirts...hell one of them scored an orphaned jacket for $10
eek.gif

Ya goof'd if you were unsure about the trip today and decided against it. Tried to put y'all boys on..
laugh.gif
Damn, I honestly would have paid one of you guys to pick me up some things; I wouldn't even have asked for anything specific . . .I trust y'all lol; your boy is trying to get a come up!!

What is MAB? Never heard of it before.
It's a bespoken place. It's not a huge brand.

Urban Outfitters is running a 30% off outerwear sale. They have Schott motos available.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/search.jsp?q=schott&categories=catalog01_mens#/
Speaking of which, I talked to the manager at the Schott store today regarding the various fitments in the jackets. They said that the stuff found at Urban Outfitters and such are different because they decide on the fitment, and fabric. They just use Schott's factory and manpower.

Damn, I honestly would have paid one of you guys to pick me up some things; I wouldn't even have asked for anything specific . . .I trust y'all lol; your boy is trying to get a come up!!

Same lol. Next time this sample sale happens I'll toss somebody some extra funds for your troubles if they can oop me on a comeup. $80 suits and dollar shirts are too good to pass up

It's a bespoken place. It's not a huge brand.
Speaking of which, I talked to the manager at the Schott store today regarding the various fitments in the jackets. They said that the stuff found at Urban Outfitters and such are different because they decide on the fitment, and fabric. They just use Schott's factory and manpower.

Makes sense.

I just don't understand why they can't make a relatively cropped, slim rider jacket. Given how popular TOJ and to a lesser extent Saint Laurent's riders are, you'd think they could easily come up with a nice slim cut that isn't 26" long (which is about 1.5" too long if you ask me) and sell a ton.

$140 for navy jacket and $220 for grey DB three piece. My homie hooked the prince of wales suit up for me but that would've ran $220.

Y'all really should've went today though...two of my boys/NTers reported back that extreme price drops were had today. I'm talking $80 suits, $1 shirts...hell one of them scored an orphaned jacket for $10 :wow:

Ya goof'd if you were unsure about the trip today and decided against it. Tried to put y'all boys on.. :lol:

And this is for suits that would run anywhere from $1500-2000 on average if bespoken for you personally.

If you're lucky, like Adrian, you may find garments that need little to no alterations. Expect to spend some money at the tailor. Both my pick ups are currently there and both needed some a good amount of work to make it truly fit me how I want them to fit. Even at the Saturday price, I can't complain.

Alterations being done: shorten jacket on both, shorten sleeves on 1, let out both a 1/4"-1/2". Trousers: taper from the knee down and hem one, take in waist, taper leg from top, take in seat and hem the other.

Same lol. Next time this sample sale happens I'll toss somebody some extra funds for your troubles if they can oop me on a comeup. $80 suits and dollar shirts are too good to pass up

Due to the garments being custom made for an individual; who either didn't pick it up, didn't like it, etc. or a mannequin sample you have to be there and try it on. Too many factors to go and simply pick up "your size" of the rack and say it'll fit someone who isn't there.

I found 3 suits that I really liked and left with 2. Left a charcoal herringbone that fit me very well; much like the other 2 but the trousers were way too big and would have needed too much work. Yet, the sizes on all 3 for the jackets were all marked the same (jacket in this particular case needed sleeves slimmed too).

Not going to lie.

Im a little salty cause I had things I needed to do today and never had a chance to go to the sale.
Meanwhile yesterday I was laying around doing nothing. I even called my aunt and took her up in her offer to see her new place and that ***** was too busy for me.

Meanwhile these dudes trying on $1k suits and keeping the info to themselves.

Last edited:
Honestly, @sarteaga0408  , as long as the measurements are even close (basically the chest), I would've taken the chance, man. I have to get my garments altered like crazy already considering I'm a 42 chest and a 30 waist, so I'm used to the extensive tailoring costs. Plus, my tailor hooks me up with a huge discount because I help her setup a facebook page/twitter acount. At the very least, I would've loved some jackets/shirts!

Makes sense.

I just don't understand why they can't make a relatively cropped, slim rider jacket. Given how popular TOJ and to a lesser extent Saint Laurent's riders are, you'd think they could easily come up with a nice slim cut that isn't 26" long (which is about 1.5" too long if you ask me) and sell a ton.

I guess they don't want to make an aesthetic only jacket:

"All M/C jackets should have sleeves approximately 1-1/2" past your wrist, this allows for when arms are extended when riding and the sleeve ride up, you also want the back long enough when riding to prevent your back being exposed. "

Todays sale was great... thanks A and Serg for the heads up and pushing me to stop by. The past few months I've been telling myself that I needed to invest in some good suits, I left with 2 suits (one being a 3 piece), 4 pants, 1 blazer, 4 ties, and 2 shoe trees for $225... :D

There was still so much available today... even down to the last few hours.. shirts were $1, ties $1, cedar shoe trees 2 for $1, jackets $10, full suits for $50-$80

The Epsom real. :lol:

Follow places like TheChoosyBeggar.com. They always advertise sample sales in the city for all different brands.

Nah. Once I found out they were doing $80 suits, I hit my homie to pull a tux I was eyeing. At that point he said everything was cleaned up and cleared out.

Back to storage I guess. :rolleyes

yo honestly, next time they do a sample sale, the local NY dudes on here should just cop everything worth copping lol, and sell it to ur NT bros. that would be Piff...

yo honestly, next time they do a sample sale, the local NY dudes on here should just cop everything worth copping lol, and sell it to ur NT bros. that would be Piff...

If it was worth the trouble, sure. The sizing is so all over the place that it's incredibly difficult to get something for anyone not there. Otherwise I would have bought for my nephew's but I have no idea of their measurements besides their OTR size.

I guess it's no use crying over missing out on $80 suits and $1 shirts. . . Working remotely today, and I decided to still not stay in my lane 
wink.gif

Looks like that its just for the crewnecks, not the hoodies.

Yup. For some reason it's only online and not in store. But I tried them on this weekend and they're awesome for the BOGO price. Should be coming in this week, will post pics if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom