Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I need some advice, bruhs . . . any idea what colors work best with a brown leather jacket. I honestly can't think of anything to wear with it besides a white shirt and dark blue jeans?

My dude, @wj4  , really considering copping the leather shearling bomber from epaulet. It's a schott, and I'm super apprehensive about the sizing. According to the website, the model is my height , 6'2,  and wears a medium and is close in weight (he's 165; I'm 175-180). Should I pull the trigger?

My dude, @wj4
 , really considering copping the leather shearling bomber from epaulet. It's a schott, and I'm super apprehensive about the sizing. According to the website, the model is my height , 6'2,  and wears a medium and is close in weight (he's 165; I'm 175-180). Should I pull the trigger?
I'm 5'10" at 160 lbs, chest is 38", and I rock a small. The arms may be too loose for some but I love it. The length and everything else is great. Bicep is around 8" in width. It allows for a light sweater under too. Jacket is made from calf, and is heavyweight.

Pic: http://41.media.tumblr.com/df8202e4ce1471393af2fe7e4734be77/tumblr_nhyyk7Lpqu1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

Compared to my first TOJ with a 7" width bicep, which fitted like my compression shirts once I gained some lbs :lol: Was barely able to zip it up, let alone move comfortably.

Pic: http://41.media.tumblr.com/a1e3b0d3a82059e368db53409c4dbbe3/tumblr_mfrtn0dhal1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
What brand white shirt are you wearing here?
:lol: It's a generic wide spread shirt, nothing special about it. It's BR. Got it like back in 2010 for half off. Spent $15 to have the sides taken in. Been rocking strong since then, though the cuffs are fraying a bit.

Finding good simple quality white shirts are the hardest thing to find.. Don't want an overly thick material.. But not see through

the quality has gone down on a number of brands.. Just not a fan of the fit of others

Last edited:
Anyone have suggestions on where to get slim fit dress shirts in the cheap?

I got a couple of J+ shirts from uniqlo for $30 a piece

Checked topman and nothing...checked kohls and nothing

love the tassel towns!  thanks for posting, checked out their website and love their shoes.  Not too pricey for the look if the quality is decent
A couple of pick-ups from the past month or so, LWB's are from Meermin and the navy suede tassel loafers are made at the same factory as Meermin but by a brand called tassel town, both copped through StyleForum.

has anybody ever successfully added, to an already existing pair of pants, the rubber grip tape to keep their shirts tucked in or do they have to be made with it? 

Last edited:
Finding good simple quality white shirts are the hardest thing to find.. Don't want an overly thick material.. But not see through

the quality has gone down on a number of brands.. Just not a fan of the fit of others
If it's difficult then going MTM would solve the issue. My guys at MyTailor is middle range at best, and they have swatches upon swatches of white fabrics...easily over 50 to choose from. Anything from near sheer to thick material you would use on the bib for a tux shirt. All of my dress shirts are made by them, and aren't too bad at $70-120, depending if I want generic 2 ply or fabrics from Thomas Mason.

Anyone have suggestions on where to get slim fit dress shirts in the cheap?

I got a couple of J+ shirts from uniqlo for $30 a piece

Checked topman and nothing...checked kohls and nothing
Refer back to Adrian's post not too long ago about moderntailor. MTM shirts are like $30 or so, can't beat that.

love the tassel towns!  thanks for posting, checked out their website and love their shoes.  Not too pricey for the look if the quality is decent

I believe the owner is a member of SF and has a few pairs from last season; which is what these are, for about $100 plus shipping. I paid $112 shipped for mine.

Blacked out today:

Stack game skrong

Back
Top Bottom