Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Whoever said Chicago, report back in January and tell us what you think. If you need us to thaw you before you can move your jaw we can do that too.

NY >>> everybody

I got a spot in my heart for Cali doe.

Chicago with your regular "high of 0" weather days in November? Keep that ****. We good.

And "better food"? Where you gonna eat in Chicago when everything's closed either because it's 2am or Chief Keef shot the spot up?

We was 5 nters deep tonight G. Until two weeks. Summit at your house warming.

Who else was there? Dawg, the pregame at my pad is going to be 10 Nters now lol.

NY >>> everybody

I got a spot in my heart for Cali doe.

Chicago with your regular "high of 0" weather days in November? Keep that ****. We good.

And "better food"? Where you gonna eat in Chicago when everything's closed either because it's 2am or Chief Keef shot the spot up?

Just cuz of me, right papa?

Whoever said Chicago, report back in January and tell us what you think. If you need us to thaw you before you can move your jaw we can do that too.
I have a sensitive eye. doesnt take much to make that eye shed a tear or two. Cold wind will def do it. I once closed my eye when I shed a tear for like two minutes walking back home. Eye was frozen shut. Opened it up and there was an icicle on my eyelash. Now this isnt a daily thing. That weekend was like 10 below zero (give or take) but I just wanted to illustrate the **** we have to deal with.

On my phone, on the winter I track the weather for Chicago, NYC, LA and SF. NYC (rough estimate off the top of my head) is 7-10 degrees ish hotter through most of the winter. When you are talking about temperatures this low every degree counts. To me at least, there is a very noticeable difference between 15 degrees and 20 degrees. 20 and 25, etc

I love my city and this is subjective I know but I couldn't disagree with this more. Especially on the stores. We don't have much of anything here.

So ******* frustrating. Especially with fashion since we dont have a fashion scene

:rofl:

LMFAO. Funny because one of the biggest reasons I love NYC so much is 10-11 is not an unreasonable time to START going out. In Chicago, either I dont know the best spots or it seems like we are lucky to see a 1AM or later last call.

Last edited:
I have a sensitive eye. doesnt take much to make that eye shed a tear or two. Cold wind will def do it. I once closed my eye when I shed a tear for like two minutes walking back home. Eye was frozen shut. Opened it up and there was an icicle on my eyelash. Now this isnt a daily thing. That weekend was like 10 below zero (give or take) but I just wanted to illustrate the **** we have to deal with.

On my phone, on the winter I track the weather for Chicago, NYC, LA and SF. NYC (rough estimate off the top of my head) is 7-10 degrees ish hotter through most of the winter. When you are talking about temperatures this low every degree counts. To me at least, there is a very noticeable difference between 15 degrees and 20 degrees. 20 and 25, etc
So ******* frustrating. Especially with fashion since we dont have a fashion scene
roll.gif

LMFAO. Funny because one of the biggest reasons I love NYC so much is 10-11 is not an unreasonable time to START going out. In Chicago, either I dont know the best spots or it seems like we are lucky to see a 1AM or later last call.
Yeah my first Chicago winter I remember exhaling and the air crystalized around my nostrils or something, it legit hurt to let air escape my nose. I split time between NYC and CHI and grew up in the Northeast so I know cold, and Chicago isn't cold, it's frozen.

Don't get me wrong NYC has a lot of bad parts like the MTA but in Chicago if you're anywhere outside of the Loop you better hope you have coverage from one of the CTA lines, being in the middle of those 2 would be hell in the winter (or any time of year). Also the fact that it's all centered around the Loop means if you need to go somewhere you need to go Downtown before heading back out. NYC is crowded, hot and nasty but at least it has solid coverage.

Is Chi as cold as MN and Wisconsin?

My coworker used to work there and she said there would be times she had to pour water so she can stick a key into her car to unlock in the winter time.

Haha, yeah I've definitely had to do the water on the car lock move several times- I'm sure every Chicagoan has. It definitely gets SUPER cold and the wind chill is the real monster but from my [limited] experience in MN and WI, I would say both are colder on average. Chicago surely gets as cold sometimes or colder but I think they're more cold consistently.... I think.

Is Chi as cold as MN and Wisconsin?

My coworker used to work there and she said there would be times she had to pour water so she can stick a key into her car to unlock in the winter time.

Chicago and Wisconsin are about the same level (at least southern wisconsin where anything of value is). Minnesota is a whole different ball game :x

Two years ago, for something like four or five days straight, it was so cold they couldnt melt the ice on the roads with chemical treatment. No one could do anything about the two inches of ice on the ground.
Yeah my first Chicago winter I remember exhaling and the air crystalized around my nostrils or something, it legit hurt to let air escape my nose. I split time between NYC and CHI and grew up in the Northeast so I know cold, and Chicago isn't cold, it's frozen.

Don't get me wrong NYC has a lot of bad parts like the MTA but in Chicago if you're anywhere outside of the Loop you better hope you have coverage from one of the CTA lines, being in the middle of those 2 would be hell in the winter (or any time of year). Also the fact that it's all centered around the Loop means if you need to go somewhere you need to go Downtown before heading back out. NYC is crowded, hot and nasty but at least it has solid coverage.

I have the same issues with Chicago's public transport as you do but I dont mind going to the loop then heading back out since it is pretty fast compared to NYC. NYC takes 45 mins to get from Harlem to Williamsburg, which is just the entrance to brooklyn. And the trains is always delayed or skipping stops for one ******** reason or another. Sure to get from Irving Park to 95th in Chicago would be an hour and a half commute, but very few people will ever need to do that. Hell its that way on purpose to keep us segregated :smh:

The average work commute is shorter for Chicagoans by an hour a week.
http://gothamist.com/2015/03/18/ny_commute.php

Dating outside your borough is essentially a long distance relationship :lol: Im gonna have to choose between Manhattan yambs and Brookyn Yambs one day. Aint nobody got time for interborough relationships.

Last edited:
i love Chicago but standing on an L platform in winter at night with a STRONG gust of wind is such a bad feeling...

and theres only so many of the heat lamps to go around

this is coming from someone who enjoys cold weather too...

Last edited:
Gap did a very good job making the GQ collection look terrible online ...that reversible camo jacket looks terrible in the stock images compared to the GQ photos smh

Gap did a very good job making the GQ collection look terrible online ...that reversible camo jacket looks terrible in the stock images compared to the GQ photos smh

did you get early access?

I signed up but didn't get any email or anything. How much are the stampd colab? I want the destroyed biker denim. The stampd versions are around $200 so was hoping the collab would be in the lower $100 levels

Back
Top Bottom