Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Damn, most of the things I'm selling are $200+. :lol:

I can't hate on this move. They're lowkey hoping for a major buyout.
FYI it only applies to items listed after the fee goes into affect. Your items are grandfathered even if they sell a year from now.

Today's fit in my NT Made leather by @SaiLo

I believe a few more cats are getting their pieces in today :D

Any suggestions on a nice tapered pair of pants? Don't really like pin-rolling and kind of sick of joggers..

Something around 100 or less?

:nerd:

you are better off just taking a pair of pants to the tailor and getting them tapered

you are better off just taking a pair of pants to the tailor and getting them tapered
Really? Not a lot of great options out there then? I'll have to do some local tailor research.. thanks
It's not that; tailoring gets you the most exact fit you're looking for.

Example: I bought a pair of GAP chinos for $5, it was perfect in the thigh/waist but baggy in the legs. Tapered them from knee down for $7. Perfect fitting chinos for $12.

Really? Not a lot of great options out there then? I'll have to do some local tailor research.. thanks
i just think it's hard to find the perfect taper so a tailor just takes all the hassle away.

but im sure someone else has some good suggestions if you aren't as meticulous as I am.

I got the Collegium vegetable tanned leather pillars in the mail the other day. Posted in another thread but forgot to post here. Nick @collegium has made a great product. I'm sure that anyone in this thread would be impressed with the quality on these sneakers. These are hands down better quality materials and construction than Common Projects (they are also less expensive than CP). Here's some quick pics I took.

Excuse my jeans. I haven't gotten them altered yet.

Some NTers in the other thread said that if CP can be had for on sale for ~$325 (same price as these) then they are sticking with CP. I would have to say that I agree for an all white sneaker. The vegetable tanned leather is more unique though and I'm really digging the silhouette on these. Nice to have some variety.

To compare:
-same exact midsole and overall fit
-Collegium comfort, construction, materials, packaging, customer service, price > CP (not my opinion but facts)
-CP slightly lower profile and laces extend further down towards toe. Gives it a sleeker, less bulky feel. CP shape > Collegium (IMO)

Both are good options. I'm wearing my Collegium for the first time tomorrow and can comment on comfort once they are broken in more.

Some NTers in the other thread said that if CP can be had for on sale for ~$325 (same price as these) then they are sticking with CP. I would have to say that I agree for an all white sneaker. The vegetable tanned leather is more unique though and I'm really digging the silhouette on these. Nice to have some variety.

yeah those are really nice and i agree with you. i was just talking strictly the all-white pair.

I got the Collegium vegetable tanned leather pillars in the mail the other day. Posted in another thread but forgot to post here. Nick @collegium has made a great product. I'm sure that anyone in this thread would be impressed with the quality on these sneakers. These are hands down better quality materials and construction than Common Projects (they are also less expensive than CP). Here's some quick pics I took.

To compare:
-Collegium comfort, construction, materials, packaging, customer service, price > CP (not my opinion but facts)
-CP slightly lower profile and laces extend further down towards toe. Gives it a sleeker, less bulky feel. CP shape > Collegium (IMO)

Both are good options. I'm wearing my Collegium for the first time tomorrow and can comment on comfort once they are broken in more.
They look cool, like a mashup of what high end brands are doing, the overhead view is a dead ringer for Lanvins.

I've gotten multiple pairs of Common Projects, Lanvins & Saint Laurent sneakers for less.  I'm sure the quality on these is great and the price isn't crazy, you're right that the vegetable tanned leather seems more unique but I think for what they're doing, it might be hard to justify those kinds of prices when there are plenty of other options out there.  Yes, retail for those other comparable pairs might be substantially higher but right or wrong, a lot of people who shop in that price range will pay a premium for brand recognition.

You referenced that "comfort, construction, materials, packaging, customer service, price > CP (not my opinion but facts)" but without having worn them, how can you be so sure about comfort; how do you know that the construction is superior (just the eye test?) if they might not hold up over time...I've never had an issue with CP construction over multiple pairs and hundreds of wears; materials could very well be better; packaging looks VERY similar aside from a more ostentatious logo & label on the box; customer service I would hope is better since it's a small brand; price is marginally better but yes, that's true.

I hope the brand is successful, I'm just not seeing much to make it stand out.

To compare:

Always supportive of NTers doing their thing but off the first glance, not a big fan of the shoe. Looks more of a Van's type silhouette than a CP.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to justify the price tag on the Collegiums. But I hope they do well...

I got the Collegium vegetable tanned leather pillars in the mail the other day. Posted in another thread but forgot to post here. Nick [@=https://niketalk.com/members/181443"comfort, construction, materials, packaging, customer service, price > CP (not my opinion but facts)" but without having worn them, how can you be so sure about comfort; how do you know that the construction is superior (just the eye test?) if they might not hold up over time...I've never had an issue with CP construction over multiple pairs and hundreds of wears; materials could very well be better; packaging looks VERY similar aside from a more ostentatious logo & label on the box; customer service I would hope is better since it's a small brand; price is marginally better but yes, that's true.

I hope the brand is successful, I'm just not seeing much to make it stand out.

Without having worn them, I can't be so sure. You're right. Just initially trying them on and remembering how my CP felt when I first got them. They are far more comfortable initially. We'll see how they get once I break them in. I mean my CP are broken in really well but they can still be uncomfortable after wearing all day long.

Construction wise I can't really explain besides you just have to be holding both in person to tell. Overall it just feels better. While CP is great too in terms of durability, they do have their issues (lace holes and sole). There are small things that add to the durability of these but may not be aesthetically pleasing to everyone. Like I'm not a big fan of metal lace eyelets but I understand they serve a purpose. When I relace my CP's I can see where the lace holes are stretching and eventually may rip and I won't be able to lace through a certain hole. I'll never have that problem (hopefully) with these. I know the sole will wear just as bad as my CPs though. Just gotta deal with that.

I'm just trying to give an objective viewpoint. I'm a HUGE fan of CP myself but I couldn't pass on this vegetable tanned leather. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't have bought any other colors in this model. With that said, it doesn't always have to be CP Achilles > or Meermin > when talking about sneakers and dress shoes. Because that is what the thread falls into a lot, everyone wearing the same. Understandably those are both great footwear brands but this vegetable tanned leather got me hyped. It's like raw denim for your feet and I can't wait to see how these evolve. I think the silhouette is actually more grown up and classy than CP too. They'll be a good sneaker on and off work.

CPs aren't that well-made. Every pair I've ever had has had issues. The only thing they have going for them is the silhouette. YMMV.

CPs aren't that well-made. Every pair I've ever had has had issues. The only thing they have going for them is the silhouette. YMMV.

What kind of issues do you have? Just curious. Besides the sole wearing and the lace holes tearing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom