Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Donate and use as a tax right off. The much alteration won't look good. For instance the back pockets on the jeans are going to be oddly close.

Wore this Conrad Wu tie for the first time today :pimp: I think I'm going to continue to spend more $ on better quality ties in the future instead of looking for deals. I really underestimated how much a nice tie can add to your outfit. Feels like the first time I wore well tailored pants. Never thought I'd be spending $100 on a tie but it's totally worth the extra $ IMO. My eyes have been opened. When people ask me what I want as a gift on occasions in the future I'm just going to link them to Conrad Wu site and tell em pick a tie out. Also, Conrad Wu has great customer service.

Love my Wu ties. Which tie did you buy? Debating on ordering one of the navy schappe ties that's on sale.

Posted this on SF but wanted to get responses here too. This is a suit I got from Spier & Mackay and wanted to see if there is anything that needs to be done to the jacket

Jacket looks good. Back could be a little cleaner but that's being picky. Trousers seems to bunch up at the top, maybe have them take the seat out a little bit. Otherwise, I don't see much wrong with it.

Haha I've just never done it so drastically, going from L to S.

Why not though? I got all these clothes for free, if it's $20 a shirt/jean I dont mind. Its cheaper then buying it again

It's going to run you much more than $20/shirt/jean to do any of that.

where do you guys buy your fitted dress shirts?

every time i buy a shirt its either the neck fits, but the shirt looks poofy on me or the shirt fits nicely, but i cant get close to buttoning the top button

where do you guys buy your fitted dress shirts?

every time i buy a shirt its either the neck fits, but the shirt looks poofy on me or the shirt fits nicely, but i cant get close to buttoning the top button

Modern Tailor. Suit supply shirts are pretty good too.

Last edited:
Love my Wu ties. Which tie did you buy? Debating on ordering one of the navy schappe ties that's on sale.

I got the Grenadine (Garza Grossa weave) - Midnight. I love it. Solid navy so it goes with a lot but the texture of the tie is so nice and when you see it up close there are small flecks of white in there too. It's all in the details right?

FAM in market for a medium wash denim jacket. Any reccomedations? Price point of no more than $120. I workout quite a bit so I have wide shoulders, back and big arms so I most likely will have to get it tailored. Can denim jackets be tailored?

Last edited:
It's been some time, but I've seen Modern Tailor turnarounds in two weeks.

During my tenure with ordering, I received nothing but 100% cotton shirts and paid under $60 for each and thats including shipping/monograms. Not sure if they still operate in this way though.

Fam' hopefully you guys could help me out. Im looking for a pair of tan oxfords. Leaning towards a pair of wingtips. Looking to spend up to ~$200. Any suggestions are much appreciated 8)

Back
Top Bottom