Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Nah B :lol:

That is a nice jacket but you saying that you were ready to fork out 220-250?

I aint mad about it playa but hell nah :lol:

I think there's two versions cause i'm seeing the official for $400 and another for $300 in niketown and nike stores maybe it's the womens version thats cheaper :roll eyes

Last edited:
There was some sort of jug in here that I missed? Is it still going on? I was actually gonna go to Uniqlo today which is why I came in this thread to lurk and see like 8 pages of everyone talking about the same thing.

There was some sort of jug in here that I missed? Is it still going on? I was actually gonna go to Uniqlo today which is why I came in this thread to lurk and see like 8 pages of everyone talking about the same thing.
$10 off each Uniqlo order using a code -- flannels on sale for $20 --> $10 each

All codes are dead now

Last edited:

$10 off each Uniqlo order using a code -- flannels on sale for $20 --> $10 each

All codes are dead now
Ahhh. I dont come in here enough, but I really need to. The suit every day thing has made me neglect my casual wardrobe.

Hey guys help me.  I'm just about ready to refresh my closet again since its been a while and my staples are starting to show wear. I'm looking to streamline my closet in 90% black with a few other basics . Heres the items I think I want to start with and quantities.

Bottoms

- black slacks (5)

- khaki slacks (2)

- navy slacks (2)

- Grey slacks (2)

- Blue jeans (3)

- black Jeans (3)

- black B-ball shorts (5)

- black jogger/sweat/tech fleece pants (3)

Tops

- black dress shirt (7)

- White dress shirt (3)

- Black Polo T-shirt (7)

- Black T shirt (10)

Misc.

- Black socks

- black dress socks

Do you guys have a "best buy" for any of these items?

I think I've honed down my wardrobe pretty well --

Suits

- 1 x Navy (year-round)

- 1 x Charcoal (year-round)

- 1 x Donegal Tweed (winter wear)

Denim

- 1 x 14oz Japan raw selvedge (year-round)

- 1 x 13oz black denim (year-round)

Pants

- 1 x Charcoal Wool (year-round)

- 1 x Navy Wool (year-round)

- 1 x Navy Chino (year-round)

- 1 x Olive Chino (year-round)

Jackets/Coats

- 5 x Casual jackets (MA-1, field jacket, denim jacket, etc.) (year-round)

- 3 x Sportcoats/blazers (year-round)

- 3 x Wool coats in various patterns/colors (winter wear)

Shirts

- 5 x Casual shirts in multiple patterns (year-round)

- 10 x Brooks Bros non-iron dress shirts (year-round)

- 5 x Flannels in various colors (year-round)

- 15 x Tees in various colors (year-round)

Socks

- 30 x Uniqlo pairs in various colors (year-round)

Shoes

- 1 x Black captoe dress shoes (year-round)

- 1 x Brown captoe dress shoes (year-round)

- 1 x White sneakers (year-round)

- 1 x Black sneakers (year-round)

- 3 x Chukkas/boots (year-round / winter wear)

Last edited:
i dont know why one would ever need 5 pairs of black pants and 7 (let alone any) black dress shirts
Well some people have jobs and other formal obligations that require business casual all week. I do laundry weekly or bi-weekly. You might say "oh you can wear things more than once" 

No I work in an industrial and dusty setting and I have a baby. My clothes don't stay clean for multiple wears.

quantities aside if you have a favorite or quality brand item to look for please contribute

Last edited:
Well some people have jobs and other formal obligations that require business casual all week. I do laundry weekly or bi-weekly. You might say "oh you can wear things more than once" 
No I work in an industrial and dusty setting and I have a baby. My clothes don't stay clean for multiple wears.

quantities aside if you have a favorite or quality brand item to look for please contribute
Question is do you how a job that requires you to wear black?

5 pairs of black trousers too. Dang. I think I have all prints and colors except that, but we all know black suit is a love and hate thing.

Black dress shirt =/= business casual.
And business casual in a seemingly dusty/dirty job seems out of place. I don't know your profession though. You may have it all figured out.

I think without context though, that list of 'necessities' seems relatively odd.

In regards to brands of pants, it depends on how much you'd like to spend. I wear suit supply chinos and trousers all the time and love them. I used to wear Bowery slim pants from Jcrew a while back and like those as well. Im not sure the fit is the same as when I wore them though. Similarly, the 484 chino has always been a thread go to.

Price point is needed for suggestions though. These pieces can be bought from places like H&M and Gap or Cucinelli and bespoke, you know?

Uniqlo goofed when I returned 2 of my 7 flannels and refunded me $40. Didn't even realize it till I was driving home. Not sure how that even happened either. Oh well 5 flannels for $40. I'm set.

Question is do you how a job that requires you to wear black?

5 pairs of black trousers too. Dang. I think I have all prints and colors except that, but we all know black suit is a love and hate thing.

Not to beat dead horse but I'm wondering the same thing. As mentioned we need more context. 5 black trousers and 7 black shirts, well that just doesn't mesh for most of us in here from the point of being able to wear a professional wardrobe without a uniform.

Random comment here: Does it ever annoy you guys when you're reading a Men's fashion magazine (GQ, Maxim ,etc.) and their editorials have outlandishly prices items? Like who's buying these $3,000 jackets or $1500 shoes? Who are they marketing this stuff towards? :lol:

The casual reader is probably just getting inspiration from the GQ fits and replicating it with less expensive pieces.

I think GQ styling is pretty terrible regardless. Suits are way too tight, ugly pieces, etc. Very glad the mag is dying.

I always liked Details better. A few weeks back I went to look at their website and see the magazine and site are gone.

^ Yeah, they're all under the Conde Nast umbrella. Guess it didn't make sense to have both GQ + Details.

Black dress shirt =/= business casual.
And business casual in a seemingly dusty/dirty job seems out of place. I don't know your profession though. You may have it all figured out.

I think without context though, that list of 'necessities' seems relatively odd.

In regards to brands of pants, it depends on how much you'd like to spend. I wear suit supply chinos and trousers all the time and love them. I used to wear Bowery slim pants from Jcrew a while back and like those as well. Im not sure the fit is the same as when I wore them though. Similarly, the 484 chino has always been a thread go to.

Price point is needed for suggestions though. These pieces can be bought from places like H&M and Gap or Cucinelli and bespoke, you know?
 Im thinking like $40 - 110 for pants. 

Last edited:

Recent denim craze for the pre-fall line up.
Always trying to lace up my NTers! Free shipping for yall!
www.cordiallymade.com

Might be slightly off topic but do you guys have any recommendations for lounging/sleeping pants? Want something super comfy than isn't baggy like mc hammer pants. Seems like everything they sell in stores are dad pj's from the 90s. And sweats in the summer are just too warm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom