Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone ever sold an expensive item and the buyer asks to not include signature confirmation?

I have a policy on Grailed, eBay, SF, etc. that anything I sell for +$200 will include signature confirmation. I understand that some people may not be home to sign for the package, but it helps both of us:

1) the buyer will most likely get his package, even if he has to go to the post office to pick it up
2) the seller has confirmation that it'll most likely get delivered

I've had 4 buyers who've asked me about this and it's pretty annoying when I'm dealing with a $400 jacket, $300 wallet, etc. For $3 extra for signature confirmation, you get your expensive item you bought and I get peace of mind.
I do signature confirmation for all my stuff. I see no valid reason for the buyer to request no signature confirmation.

He's probably not home when the delivery person goes around.

If you're not home you can still pick it up from the post office/ups/wherever or you can even sign the slip and authorize them to leave it on the porch. Either way the buyer will still be responsible for the package and no chance of "lost" packages. Not everybody but some people will try to get over on the seller by claiming the package got lost or never delivered

If you're not home you can still pick it up from the post office/ups/wherever or you can even sign the slip and authorize them to leave it on the porch. Either way the buyer will still be responsible for the package and no chance of "lost" packages. Not everybody but some people will try to get over on the seller by claiming the package got lost or never delivered

If the package says delivered on the tracking, how can one argue that it was lost or never delivered? Ebay has always stood behind the person who can provide tracking and all it needed to say was delivered.

If the package says delivered on the tracking, how can one argue that it was lost or never delivered? Ebay has always stood behind the person who can provide tracking and all it needed to say was delivered.

I had a package that said 'delivered' but was actually delivered to the wrong address. Didn't require a signature so UPS opened an investigation and come to find out the store I bought from had to issue me a refund as the driver admitted to delivering the item to the wrong address and couldn't recover the item I ordered. The store gave me the refund then had to deal with UPS without my involvement.

After getting the refund, a week goes by and a neighbor gives me the correct package said she was out of town but noticed the package was meant for someone different. Whoever was collecting her mail/packages never even noticed it until she saw it.

I know a different situation than signing for an item but still if says 'delivered' and you truly didn't receive the item....you can open an investigation. Worked for me.

Last edited:

I ordered some sneakers and I forgot what service delivered it but the slip left said they'd try to deliver it again one more time before sending it back to the store. Luckily I was home the next day or I wouldn't have gotten my shoes. I never have to worry about packages being stolen from my porch though. I prefer stuff not needing signature confirmation.

you don't think people get over by claiming it was stolen or got delivered to the wrong address? Or get a package delivered to a dummy address? I've seen countless stories on here about cats scamming sellers that way

Yep, and I'll give you an example:

1) Seller sends package to buyer. The tracking shows it was delivered.

2) Buyer says he never received it.

3) Seller goes to USPS directly and gets the GPS coordinates (yes, you can do this) to where it was last scanned before it was marked Delivered. All carriers have to scan the package before they deliver and it's a rule that they should ONLY scan the package when they're at the actual address.

4) GPS coordinates show that the package was scanned at the buyer's correct address.

5) Buyer is adamant that he didn't receive the package.

6) What does the seller do? He can provide this proof to eBay/USPS, but USPS only gives insurance money back if the package wasn't scanned at the address. Otherwise, the seller will probably have to refund the $.

7) There's no way the seller knows if the buyer is a scammer or if the package was stolen/lost despite the evidence.

I've had this happen to me on both sides (buying/selling). It's a damn hassle and I operate with the mentality that I want to cover both me and my buyer so we have a seamless transaction without shenanigans.

Last edited:
I just did a gentlemens deal for a pair of Yeezys with a fellow NT'er. The deal was he ship 1st and I'd ship after receiving the shoes. I'm as legit as they come but it almost went bad real quick. USPS delivered the package to the wrong house 2 blocks away. Luckily for me the home owner was an honest old man who was gracious enough to drop off the package at my house. Had he he kept it the fellow NT'er would of thought I was a scammer meanwhile it was all USPS's fault.

I just did a gentlemens deal for a pair of Yeezys with a fellow NT'er. The deal was he ship 1st and I'd ship after receiving the shoes. I'm as legit as they come but it almost went bad real quick. USPS delivered the package to the wrong house 2 blocks away. Luckily for me the home owner was an honest old man who was gracious enough to drop off the package at my house. Had he he kept it the fellow NT'er would of thought I was a scammer meanwhile it was all USPS's fault.
glad it all worked out man

Back to dressing better
I need to stop balling in these kicks.

Time to get a fresh pair from Nordstrom. Best beater ever.

I had a package that said 'delivered' but was actually delivered to the wrong address. Didn't require a signature so UPS opened an investigation and come to find out the store I bought from had to issue me a refund as the driver admitted to delivering the item to the wrong address and couldn't recover the item I ordered. The store gave me the refund then had to deal with UPS without my involvement.

After getting the refund, a week goes by and a neighbor gives me the correct package said she was out of town but noticed the package was meant for someone different. Whoever was collecting her mail/packages never even noticed it until she saw it.

I know a different situation than signing for an item but still if says 'delivered' and you truly didn't receive the item....you can open an investigation. Worked for me.

That happened to me and then the neighbor gave me my package that had been lost for about a week. The original merchant gave me another shipment AND told me I could keep the other shipment as well :pimp:

Didn't start*

First play of the damn game was an interception. Over a tie?! Fire everybody

All he had to do was put a tie on. Not like he has a problem with being dressed like a goofball anyway. More concerned about wearing his turtleneck than sitting the first play out.

All he had to do was put a tie on. Not like he has a problem with being dressed like a goofball anyway. More concerned about wearing his turtleneck than sitting the first play out.

So this fit is better than what he had on?

cam-newton-hat.jpg

Come on man miss me with the all he had to do was put a tie on. It ain't like he showed up in a graphic t shirt and some cargo shorts. He looked professional what's the issue? Rivera running a college program smfh

Back
Top Bottom