Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I have the Napoli blue plain, great color. Got it in Italy at their Susu store.

A LOT of basics available at great pricing.

If anyone wants that Havana Blue Check blazer i have it in a size 40R that i never wore. Would sell for much cheaper than 250.

Suit Supply sizing pretty standard? Should I go into a Suit Supply today after work to get my exact fit and then buy from this sale?

I need a new navy suit.

Actually - when I select my size and then check what it returns, they're already sold out?

Suit Supply sizing pretty standard? Should I go into a Suit Supply today after work to get my exact fit and then buy from this sale?

I need a new navy suit.

Actually - when I select my size and then check what it returns, they're already sold out?

Yes, go get your sizing down at a SS store first.
All this outlet stuff is final sale, so no returns.

Yes, go get your sizing down at a SS store first.
All this outlet stuff is final sale, so no returns.

Yea thats what I'm thinking now. I just texted a buddy who recently got a suit from them and I asked his size... and it was not what I figured it would be (he's slightly taller than me). So I think getting fitted would be the best option, so I don't mess it up.

Now I just need to Uber down to the store and get fitted. Do I need an appointment?

^ Nope, just walk in and ask an associate for help.
They'll have you try on various fits.

Thanks. Wife is gonna scoop me up here in a little bit so we can head down there.

Do they keep refreshing stock? Seems like there is more today, than there was yesterday. Don't know how "urgent" it is to actually buy something, if I won't be ready to purchase for another couple of hours.

Opinions on if a check patterned light brown linen suit is too loud for a wedding on Labor Day Weekend? Should I stick to solid colors?

Thanks. Wife is gonna scoop me up here in a little bit so we can head down there.

Do they keep refreshing stock? Seems like there is more today, than there was yesterday. Don't know how "urgent" it is to actually buy something, if I won't be ready to purchase for another couple of hours.

Its a crap shoot honestly...Some things may last but about 1/3 of the things in my size are gone from when I ordered at 10am EST... I would say getting measured would be the best idea tho.. Some more stuff should pop up tomorrow but Today was a really nice restock

Its a crap shoot honestly...Some things may last but about 1/3 of the things in my size are gone from when I ordered at 10am EST... I would say getting measured would be the best idea tho.. Some more stuff should pop up tomorrow but Today was a really nice restock

I keep refreshing and adding things to my cart as they show up, but they do disappear from cart (some now show OOS). And new things keep popping up.

I'll go get measured so I know for sure. Navy Napoli is $249 right meow - but don't think they have my size. Just want a Navy suit for weddings / interviews.

Thanks for the help newbs24 newbs24 and slighted slighted

If you have an account, they shouldnt leave your account once you log in... Sometimes when you leave the website they throw them back into the inventory... Their outlet is not finely tuned at all.

So I just went to SuitSupply Denver and tried on a Sienna suit. Fit very well.

I tried a "S" short size - how different is a "R" regular size? I ask because not much is coming up for "S" whereas the suit I want is available in "R".

Obviously don't want to buy something that doesn't fit. I kind of messed up by not trying on the "R" while I was there - but I'm not going back now.

turbospartan turbospartan if you're anything above 5''7 i'd go for a R

It's a noticeable difference between Short and Regular jackets. If you buy a R and then want it shortened (about an 1 inch - 1.5 inches) its a long job and most tailors will charge alot for it.

So I just went to SuitSupply Denver and tried on a Sienna suit. Fit very well.

I tried a "S" short size - how different is a "R" regular size? I ask because not much is coming up for "S" whereas the suit I want is available in "R".

Obviously don't want to buy something that doesn't fit. I kind of messed up by not trying on the "R" while I was there - but I'm not going back now.

If overall length was what you liked on the short, it can get tricky to try and balance the jacket with alterations... SuSu shops will shorten the sleeves from the shoulder if arm length is something you were worried about... Sizing charts are available on their website so you can see what the differences are... The chest, waist and shoulders should all be the same between the two.

turbospartan turbospartan if you're anything above 5''7 i'd go for a R

It's a noticeable difference between Short and Regular jackets. If you buy a R and then want it shortened (about an 1 inch - 1.5 inches) its a long job and most tailors will charge alot for it.

Measurements are the same on their charts, besides the R being 1.1" longer in the body and 1" longer in the sleeve.

If overall length was what you liked on the short, it can get tricky to try and balance the jacket with alterations... SuSu shops will shorten the sleeves from the shoulder if arm length is something you were worried about... Sizing charts are available on their website so you can see what the differences are... The chest, waist and shoulders should all be the same between the two.

I just called them, and they said they only shorten sleeves from the end of the sleeve (not the shoulder) and a max of 3/4". He said I could find a non-Susu tailor that can probably do it - but he said it might be costly and it could mess with the proportions.

I almost want to go back to the shop again, to see how the 36R looks. But I'd have to take the train home, then drive right back past work and even further south. And no guarantee that the suit will even still be available by then.

Measurements are the same on their charts, besides the R being 1.1" longer in the body and 1" longer in the sleeve.

I just called them, and they said they only shorten sleeves from the end of the sleeve (not the shoulder) and a max of 3/4". He said I could find a non-Susu tailor that can probably do it - but he said it might be costly and it could mess with the proportions.

I almost want to go back to the shop again, to see how the 36R looks. But I'd have to take the train home, then drive right back past work and even further south. And no guarantee that the suit will even still be available by then.

I don't know bro... I only tried on the Shorts when I went... Tried all the styles, but the 40S fit me great... I have some 40R coming and I'm not overly concerned... For the price I got them for, I am not worried about a little extra spent on alterations.

only pick up was this DB waist coat. glad y'all eating. one of the best outlets in recent memory.

upload_2018-7-18_10-26-59.png

Also 40S to 40R will likely require you to deal with shortening the jacket from the shoulder (difficult to some tailors, costly to all) and then the jacket may need to be shortened. This also can be pricey but can also throw off the balance entirely. Would stay clear but will be hoping for the best for those who already pulled the trigger.

Most of my current suits appear to be 38L-40R. I ordered a 38L due to my height, non tailored sleeve length. Just hoping at 6’2 the suit jacket isn’t too long. All of my SS suits fit differently but 38-40 is my norm. We will see..

Back
Top Bottom