Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Managed to put together a fit for NYE last minute yesterday but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for accessories for my lapel?

Was thinking about running into consignment shops.

Any ideas?

I did some research on Mango and I see it's a women's line?

Went to the two nearby Walmart branches and found no Harris Tweed jackets. Mad house in there :lol:

Stopped by 2 thrift stores today, Salvation Army and Goodwill, and found nothing exciting. I guess this thrifting thing isn't for me.

:lol: yeah that's what their primary focus is I feel like, but there was a link for their men's line on there seemed like a fast fashion type spot like H&M, Zara, Aldo, they had buttondown shirts for ~50 but I dunno if I'd try anything I couldn't try on in person though

And yeah thrifting is tough...I've gone probably 10 times in the last few months and best I've found are some Thomas Pink dress shirts that didn't fit in the sleeve length so I said I was gonna flip it on ebay but still haven't goten around to it :lol: But I figure finding something really nice can make up for all the times you come back empty handed

Decided on a shawl collar instead of velvet blazer for nye. Are the red pants too loud for a formal event? Excuse the mirror and untied bowtie as I have yet to learn how to tie that thing :lol:

Where did you get the jeans from again?

Also don't they feel like they are hugging or a bit tight?

8)

Where did you get the jeans from again?
Also don't they feel like they are hugging or a bit tight?
8)

:lol: they're actually Dockers Alpha Khakis. And yes they are pretty snug, but it fits similarly close to the body as the jacket. I may try to find it in the next size up after work today but I'm probably going with it based on time limitations.

J Crew has 30% off again. Thinking about this Timex Andros watch. Anyone seen it in person or own one who can recommend?

timex-andros.jpg

HEY ALL.....I COULD USE A LITTLE GUIDANCE ON MY NYE FIT...KINDA HAVE A GENERAL IDEA, BUT ANY EXTRA INSIGHT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

sorry for blurry pic...

BROWN VELVET BLAZER WITH THESE LOAFERS.....ANY BOTTOM AND TOP SUGGESTIONS? I WAS THINKING A WHITE OXORD BUTTON UP AND DARK BLUE DENIM.

THOUGHTS??

^cool thanks.....do you think black jeans would look "weird" with the loafers or is the dark denim a better option?

Good to see this thread went strong for the last week, back from my vacation will post some pics from the trip tonight or tomorrow.

Just copped these red wing boots at the Brooks Brothers at my local . They are currently having there year end sale. Total was 320 including tax. Lady said I saved a 100 bucks. I figured it was a great purchase since it has a good year welted sole and I love the look of the tumbled leather. can be worn casually and dressed up.

New Years fit:

file://localhost/Users/justinshumate/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Previews/2012/12/31/20121231-191201/DSCF2039.JPG

Footware:

file://localhost/Users/justinshumate/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Masters/2012/12/31/20121231-191201/DSCF2040.JPG
You need to host your pictures somewhere on the 'net first, man. They don't show up.

:lol: they're actually Dockers Alpha Khakis. And yes they are pretty snug, but it fits similarly close to the body as the jacket. I may try to find it in the next size up after work today but I'm probably going with it based on time limitations.
J Crew has 30% off again. Thinking about this Timex Andros watch. Anyone seen it in person or own one who can recommend?
timex-andros.jpg

Get another brand man that watch is average and isn't worth the price brother

Might pull the trigger on Beeswax Desert Boots for ~$60 on Amazon. I like the idea of getting a piece of clothing and breaking it in to your own personal body and fit (ie raw/selvedge denim). Anybody have these? How's the quality? How do they hold up? I intend to wear these almost daily and I don't want them to fall apart on me after a few months. Any alternatives in the same price range? Looking for leather btw

if you want a DB there is no alternative, get the clarks. they hold up well, only thing that might go are the laces and clarks will replace those.

Back
Top Bottom