Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^ ^ ^
Funny you mentioned JCrews collab sweaters, I ordered these two sweaters this morning.
I'm just a sucker for that little fun heart detail. I read they aren't very slim though but I just had to give it a shot. They're easy to return if they don't fit anyways.
2h5pcow.jpg
egziiq.jpg
I returned them myself, RFX because the quality of the wool wasn't all that great. I ordered those CdG sweaters towards the end of 2011. They fit me nicely, especially with a dress shirt under though.

Some people bicker that J. Crew jacks up the prices on their collaboration, but the easiness to return them to a local J. Crew branch makes it worth it for me. I've ordered a crap load of 3rd party vendor like Barbour, Baracuta, Alden, etc. that I normally wouldn't with the UK brands since shipping them back would be a PITA.

I think Wallace Barnes is their house brand that is suppose to be the more $ version of their offerings.

James: J. Crew's messenger bags are good stuff and priced not too high. I had a black one for about 1.5 years that I beat to death and it stood up to the test just fine. I just gave it away eventually because I upgraded to something else, not that there was anything wrong with the bag itself.

Last edited:
This is mALiZ btw....

I just copped these two joints to add to my sweater collection. Already have a SNS Stark sweater and quality is top notch.
CLOSE UP OF DESIGN, SUBTLE YET UNIQUE AND ELEGANT

anyone know where i can find a good looking, good quality, casual messenger bag? i need one for school, don't really want to wear my north face anymore. i looked at banana republic but their quality doesnt seem so good.
Check this site out you have to sign up though (for free). Quality is good for the price. They have more color BTW

https://www.everlane.com/i/jdaed8

Last edited:
I returned them myself, RFX because the quality of the wool wasn't all that great. I ordered those CdG sweaters towards the end of 2011. They fit me nicely, especially with a dress shirt under though.

That bad huh? What size did you get? I think we are pretty much the same size and frame so at least I get some idea of how it would fit. I'm kind of thinking twice if I should have gotten the cardigan though, I guess I'll check these one out first.

thanks for the suggestions wj4 and malcolm, but im looking for a much more casual, plain bag. something along the lines of this, but without the zipper in the front.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=59887&vid=1&pid=770595&scid=770595002

Have you considered Jack Spade? I am not sure of your price range but Jack Spades nylon messengers are great. I used one in college and it still like new today. Quality is great.

Tumi makes nice messengers too.

That bad huh? What size did you get? I think we are pretty much the same size and frame so at least I get some idea of how it would fit. I'm kind of thinking twice if I should have gotten the cardigan though, I guess I'll check these one out first.
It should fit you nicely, man. Especially with a shirt under. I got a small. I'm usually small across the board still, although the line is getting kinda blurred now :lol:

I wanted the cardigan, but there was no more left. I got them when they first came on. I still remember it quite well. I bought them at like 10PM on New Year's Eve, I was waiting for a friend to come by to pick me up and I was bored. When I got them, they still had the price tags on, in Yen. I remember it was marked up by quite a bit.

I think it would do well for you, just pair it up with some luxe sneakers you have :smile:

Has anyone ever slimmed down some jeans? Thinking of trying this tomorrow with some work khakis

eek.gif
. i have a couple pair of jeans that i havent wore in a while because they were too big. will try once i find someone who has a sewing machine.

Jack Spade stuff is def nice, but it's on the higher end if I recall correctly. At least from what I see at Barney's. Tumi is nice too. I got one via Gilt to use as an Xmas gift last year.

SNS Herning is probably the best bang for your buck given that it's hand made and quality is great. If you can get them on sale, that's even more of a reason to go for them. I bought the ones I have from obscure website and communication was kinda rough :lol:

Has anyone ever slimmed down some jeans? Thinking of trying this tomorrow with some work khakis

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

That's basically recutting the pants, but instead of cutting and sewing it back up, you just shut off the excess material. It seems cool for a quick fix, but I wouldn't do it for the long run.

When you're dressed outside the norm, you will draw attention, my man. You will have those who give you props and comment on you. You will also have those who say something like "that boy sure likes playing dress up, I wonder if he likes girls". You just gotta worry about yourself and ignore them. Also, participate more in the thread!
Style is fickle, man. It changes so much that's why it's important to develop your own style because styles are timeless.
Check out this picture of J. Kissi and friends, by all standards Travis (the dude to the far left) would get hated on because he's wearing a suit with work boots, but I doubt they care much and they're doing pretty well.
streetetiquettejoshtravjean2.jpg

Far right = Machel Montano

reposting from old dressing better thread where it got deleted...
52lyj6.jpg

new pickups from this past weekend. Jack Purcells were $17 bucks from Macy's. The Allen Edmonds Mctavish were clearanced down to $65 at Nordstrom's Rack. can't pick up any for you guys cause these were the last ones..
I dunno how to wear the AEs though
what color pants? outfit ideas? It's black leather, but with a brownish/cherry midsole. there's also contrast stitching. they're very casual...thinking about returning them. bought them just because they were so cheap.
here they are on AE's website. the leather is no where near that shiny though.
http://www.allenedmonds.c..._SF4035_1_40000000001_-1

Are those leather Purcells? These are awesome

^ ^ ^
Funny you mentioned JCrews collab sweaters, I ordered these two sweaters this morning.
I'm just a sucker for that little fun heart detail. I read they aren't very slim though but I just had to give it a shot. They're easy to return if they don't fit anyways.
2h5pcow.jpg
egziiq.jpg

I was seriously considering the CdG cardigan...Maybe I should order a size down if they are loose fitting, I am a pretty big guy though 6'2 and 210 pounds.....Thoughts from those that have ordered??

A blog I read went to Bread & Butter in Berlin.... (you can see the rest here: http://urbanmosadi.blogspot.com/)

I'm not saying I'm down with all of these styles at all....but here's some of the stuff that was showcased and styles being presented...

IMG_5401.JPG

IMG_5404.JPG

IMG_5405.jpg

IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_5411.jpg

IMG_5413.jpg

IMG_5421.JPG

IMG_5422.JPG

IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5425.JPG

IMG_5427.JPG

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5440.JPG

IMG_5441.JPG

IMG_5442.JPG

IMG_5444.JPG

IMG_5445.jpg

IMG_5450.JPG

IMG_5463.JPG

IMG_5468.JPG

Last edited:
Those CdG sweaters from J.Crew are really nice and I'm also a sucker for the little heart design, but $300 is a lot to drop on a sweater. :frown:

Those CdG sweaters from J.Crew are really nice and I'm also a sucker for the little heart design, but $300 is a lot to drop on a sweater. :frown:
In the fashion realm, it's probably in the middle tier. A pretty penny to the general public nonetheless though.

Topman & Top Shop coming to the U.S. It will be interesting to see how they do. It's a new campaign similar to the vid RFX posted for Neiman.

http://www.bloomberg.com/article/2012-07-12/aun9fZhIT0Ro.html

anybody have any experience with tm lewin shirts? I could have swore Nii mentioned them a long time ago as a decent brand.

They have a buy 4 shirts for $160 deal. Unfortunately, they're only do online stuff since its a British brand.

Do BB and Tyrwhitt do those types of sales/deals?

anybody have any experience with tm lewin shirts? I could have swore Nii mentioned them a long time ago as a decent brand.

They have a buy 4 shirts for $160 deal. Unfortunately, they're only do online stuff since its a British brand.

Do BB and Tyrwhitt do those types of sales/deals?
TM Lewin are decent IMO but at that price, I'd spend $10 more per for Tyrwhitt which frequently has sales and 4 for $200 (a lot of shirts are already discounted to $39 or $49 though).  I have 2 or 3 TM Lewin and 6-8 Tyrwhitt and they're my preference, especially the tailored fit, though the selection is more limited.

About dress shirts...

To me, slim fit is how a shirt should be cut for an average size man, regular off the rack shirts shouldn't be wider than that.  Tailored is good for slim/skinny people and "classic fit" for dudes with a bigger midsection.  Most men are much bigger in the chest than waist so these shirts that are just as wide all the way through are ridiculous and why you see so many dudes with that balloon effect.  I don't think shirts have to hug you but having all that excess fabric looks awful.  JMO.

Last edited:
Some realistically/reasonably priced things I've found:

Belt $19.99

http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s-harness-buckle-belt-brown/-/A-13971805#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

Converse[emoji]174[/emoji] One Star[emoji]174[/emoji] Men's Jacket - Paris Green

$39.99
Reg: Regular price $49.99

http://www.target.com/c/outerwear-c...ingFacet=0&customPrice=false&productsCount=31

Croft & Barrow[emoji]174[/emoji] Fitted Patterned Spread-Collar Dress Shirt
now $13.00
original $65.00

Puritan Chambray shirt $8.97

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Puritan-Men-s-Short-Sleeve-Wovens-Shirt/19424198

Red Wing '8196' Round Toe Boot
Sale: $159.90After Sale: $240.00
*Someone in the old thread that worked at Nordstrom gave a heads up on these, but I forget his name, thanks bro!

I actually picked these up in store, beautiful in person.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/red-win...n=PredictiveSearch&fashionColor=&resultback=0

J.Crew Classic leather dress belt
was $59.50 now $44.99

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...294+20~~~20+16+4294967152~15~~~~~~~/30872.jsp

Last edited:

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]
This is very relevant to my interests. I want to have a bunch of my jeans slimmed down around as much as that. Let me know how it works out for you. IDK how to use a sewing machine and I was originally just going to go to my tailor and see what they could do, but just having the lines in there would help out tremendously cause they would know how much to cut.

That's basically recutting the pants, but instead of cutting and sewing it back up, you just shut off the excess material. It seems cool for a quick fix, but I wouldn't do it for the long run.
Thats understood but the way I see it is, if I didnt get these jeans altered they would just sit in my closet never being worn and would essentially be a waste of money. Might as well try this out.

Disappointed in this thread.
Having someone like Pinoy start this thread would be like having dalitso start this thread and claim he is "dressing better":smh:
We don't even know if Pinoy dresses better, he didn't post any of his fit pics.:x
The only people that should be allowed to start a dressing better thread is niidawg, rfx, aceofjays and ksteezy.
Those dudes dress like they could be on the cover of GQ or on the Mad Men set.
The threads bad because of who made it?:stoneface: . You act like those same people wont be posting in here anyways.

Back
Top Bottom