Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Man I understand your worries about going to thrift stores. I felt the same way growing up. But as I have evolved my style I have learned that there are just some things I like to find pre-owned. Ties and Sportcoats/Blazers are what I currently look for. Don't work about it, incorporate it into your style and you will feel awesome.
Great gift for the wife. She will love them!

You're right and frankly it's no different than e-baying a used blazer, or shoes. I think I may have to venture to them this coming long weekend.

She definitely loved them...:tongue:

SNS runs slim and long. Like a "|"...if that makes sense. I would stay TTS personally because though it may be slim or even tight it will eventually loosen up and somewhat conform to your body. The quality is nice, Looking forward to get a couple of more pieces this fall.
+1 on that. They're not meant to be a fitted/slim fit.

Looks good Man. Make the Knot on your tie larger by using a different method. But looks good.

This tie is from the 70's is there any way to get a bigger knot? I wore a tie for two years as a missionary and could never find anything to help with short ties.

real life...

is a shirt is too long can you have it cut to be shorter?

i dont want this shirt to be tucked in, but its to long to have out..

Some pictures of the spring/summer 2013 pieces from J. Crew via Plain T-Shirt on Tumblr. Seems to be how the brand is now although I do really like the shorts.

tumblr_ma7v9m7wZG1qh2nlpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ma7v478YPC1qh2nlpo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ma7rkf5ZOj1qh2nlpo1_500.jpg

real life...

I'm sure you could, but why would you? Either the shirt doesn't fit properly or it is made to be tucked. Don't fight it, just go get another.

real life...
I've done it with t shirts, but never attempted with dress shirts. I don't see why not though.

Just a heads up, Macys has 25% off Levis 511 trousers (and jeans too) and if you use the code VIP it'll take another 20% off and it come to about $36 each. Not bad at all.

Dockers Alpha are $47 and with the code it come to around $37. Not as good as the old Alpha deal but still decent.

i really love common projects.

if i had the cash I'd cop almost all their models.

lol unfortunately i just bought a whip so ill be dressing pobre for the next year.

luckily this thread and other sources have learned me well lol.

quality pieces will last.

anyways here are my two pairs of CP plus my favourite "dressing better" sneakers ever:

Have any of you guys had any experience with waxing your own garments?  I ordered this tonight, i'm gonna test it out soon

Have any of you guys had any experience with waxing your own garments?  I ordered this tonight, i'm gonna test it out soon

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

Funni you asked this I actuall did a pair of black denim and it looked terrible. I ended up ironing them. They are waterproof now tho.

^ you used the OtterWax or something else?  I have a camo bdu jacket that I want to use it on, and maybe a pair of jeans

that I don't mind sacrificing...

i really love common projects.
if i had the cash I'd cop almost all their models.
lol unfortunately i just bought a whip so ill be dressing pobre for the next year.
luckily this thread and other sources have learned me well lol.
quality pieces will last.
anyways here are my two pairs of CP plus my favourite "dressing better" sneakers ever:

I got the same gray Margiela GATs in the bottom pictures...the most comfy sneakers ever.

I'm looking for something new to wear on my feet when I go out....I'm in college so I just need something that works with button downs and dark jeans pretty much for bars and what not.

I'm over air maxes I have, but don't know really what else to look at...

^That would be my guess since it's for spring/summer. I got the tweed waistcoat in from J. Crew yesterday, and man, their stuff got a bit slimmer, except for their shirts, which I still drown in :lol:

real life...
i just said i dont want it tucked in.. its a short sleeve shirt...
Try it out, man. Just tell the tailor that you want to make it a couple of inches shorter. Hopefully the tailor can follow the curved pattern (assuming the shirt is not a straight cut at the end).

I'm looking for something new to wear on my feet when I go out....I'm in college so I just need something that works with button downs and dark jeans pretty much for bars and what not.

I'm over air maxes I have, but don't know really what else to look at...
INB4 desert boots.

Get some desert boots.

Back
Top Bottom