Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Looking for some tapered levi's with a not so skinny but not really baggy fit?

I got some pretty muscular quads so I hate when jeans are ultra tight around that area.

If im a natural 32 x 32 should I go 32 x 34 instead?

508 will do the trick for sure, I would go with your normal 32x32

edit: For reference, I'm a size 33 and I'm a little over 6 foot. My 508s have a 32 inseam and they are long enough to allow some stacking.

Last edited:
Hey guys, quick reminder... please keep submitting any new/old pictures to the group blog. Many of us, including me, have been slacking on it so please help us keep it going!

Thanks in advance fam.

I must second this. Thankfully I have 2 additional pictures to post, which I'll do tomorrow and Saturday. The more the merrier though!

Picked up some no show loafer socks and black leather magic wallet, wifey got some tops and jeans. Debated getting the thompson navy suit but I really want a 3 piece so I passed...for now

New items from thetiebar. Also, got that 1" tie clip. Thanks to who gave me the recommendation :pimp:

Nice. My Tie Bar order came in today. Got some 3" ties.. wish I went 2.5". Got a 1.5" tie bar, wish I went 2". Oh well...

Hey guys, quick reminder... please keep submitting any new/old pictures to the group blog. Many of us, including me, have been slacking on it so please help us keep it going!

Thanks in advance fam.
Dudes,

it's cool to take a break every now and then. I'd rather have quality pictures that are sent in once in a while than tons of poor quality pictures.

Thanks in advance fam.
Dudes,

it's cool to take a break every now and then. I'd rather have quality pictures that are sent in once in a while than tons of poor quality pictures.

Agreed. However, there have been plenty of good pictures that haven't been submitted

Finally recovered from my bachelor party in Vegas! We rolled 20 deep and Oh man....thats all I gotta say.

Killed it all.

One more week until the big day yall! Juiced!

:wow: y'all dudes went IN. Hope you're ready for next week fam

New items from thetiebar. Also, got that 1" tie clip. Thanks to who gave me the recommendation :pimp:

Solid pickups, my dude. Surprised there were no Grizzlies inspired ties or pocket squares :lol:

Thanks in advance fam.

I must second this. Thankfully I have 2 additional pictures to post, which I'll do tomorrow and Saturday. The more the merrier though!

Picked up some no show loafer socks and black leather magic wallet, wifey got some tops and jeans. Debated getting the thompson navy suit but I really want a 3 piece so I passed...for now

Those are my go-to no show loafer socks. How much did you end up paying for them?

Grizz: The 2nd picture was the straw that broke the camel's back, my man. Throughout HS, I was around 180 lbs. I got up to about 220 lbs during the 2nd and 3rd year of undergrad because of late night eating out and alcohol and such. I stopped eating junk food, soda, and alcohol. I started doing Muay Thai...it was the ultimate work out, it puts crossfit to shame. I used to come home with bruises and cuts all the time, and I loved it. I really learned how to kick butt though. I originally wanted to go down to my HS weight. I was losing about 20 lbs a month or so. I think I got down to around 155 lbs within a year. And several more months, I got down to 140 lbs. My friends swore I was on coke or had a lipo suction
laugh.gif

A year a part:
tumblr_m3mui4PGL41rux7jzo1_500.png

The lost weight happened at the end of my undergrad career so none of the clothes fit anymore. I started reading up on GQ and such to redo my wardrobe. This was around the same time the Dressing Better thread 1 started and the rest happened naturally.

This may be of help to you. So many folks asked me how I did it so I wrote a blog entry on it.

Damn you were fat. But your motivation. I see what you do in this thread helping others and its good to see your progress and style evolution.

Bros, how much are polos usually at the RL outlet?
About $40 if I remember correctly. I think they're just a tad bit more than the polos you would find at a TJ Maxx or one of those types of stores

Anyone own the photographer suit from express? I'll be graduating from college in December & need a suit for interviews. Do y'all think the photographer suit will work?

Bros, how much are polos usually at the RL outlet?
About $40 if I remember correctly. I think they're just a tad bit more than the polos you would find at a TJ Maxx or one of those types of stores

Anyone own the photographer suit from express? I'll be graduating from college in December & need a suit for interviews. Do y'all think the photographer suit will work?

What is your price range? But to answer your question, yes. If you look through the thread there are pictures of Adrian (Pinoy732) and Elkin (ksteezy) in different Photographer suits that look great post-tailoring. It's great for an entry level suit, especially on a weekend like this where you can purchase one for a deep discount.

What is your price range? But to answer your question, yes. If you look through the thread there are pictures of Adrian (Pinoy732) and Elkin (ksteezy) in different Photographer suits that look great post-tailoring. It's great for an entry level suit, especially on a weekend like this where you can purchase one for a deep discount.
Thanks. My price range is around $500

Thanks. My price range is around $500
At around $500 you can get a better suit than an Express suit, assuming this is what you want to spend around and is not the absolute max. An Express suit is fine for a first suit coming out of college though. At this point, you just need to have something to rock to interviews and special occasions until financial means allow for more suits down the line.

Damn you were fat. But your motivation. I see what you do in this thread helping others and its good to see your progress and style evolution.
:lol: I wish I did it sooner. The determination carried over to other aspects of my life too. If I can do it, anyone can :smile:

Heads up on some Memorial Day sales guys:

Brooks Brothers -All polos and shorts 2 for 99$
Bloomingdales- 20 to 65% off select styles.(A lot of Polo stuff if you're into RL)
Club Monaco- Additional 30% off all sale items.
Gap- 40% off select styles.(You can also enter code GAPGIFT for an additional 20% off)
Bonobos - 20% off all Travel Jeans
Express - 40% off everything
Banana Republic - 30% off everything

All end Monday...I'm definitely hitting up the Gap and Club Monaco sales for a few things..

Last edited:
Good looks on the Express sale. I bought the photographer suit, but bought 2 different sizes of the jacket to see which one fit better. I've never bought a suit from express, how do they run in terms of fit?

Thanks in advance fam.
Dudes,

you gonna make a new instagram? It seems a lot of people were randomly deleted. some high profile people as well. sneakerdave got deleted and he just posts shoes.

you gonna make a new instagram? It seems a lot of people were randomly deleted. some high profile people as well. sneakerdave got deleted and he just posts shoes.
I got it back today. Hash tags were erased though so I gotta key in stuff manually now. Photo count also went down to 0 even though all of my pics are still visible and remain.

GAP makes my favorite T-Shirts....the fabric and fit of the M is the best. Essential crew neck and V-Neck...it's all I need. I'm simple, I can wear a plain t and jeans all the time, I don't need crazy graphics so GAP is great for that...$10 can't beat it...

Back
Top Bottom