Dressing Better Vol 2.0

*bites tongue*... Joke too easy...

Hotcheeto- not referring to you, but definitely need a DB makeover. Sneakers kill some of your fits and you definitely need to size down.

Last edited:
hotcheeto27 - Second fit looks great my man! I think bright and bulky basketball sneakers are very difficult to incorporate into "dressing better".
A couple of THESE look okay, however I think most of the fits would have looked better with a low profile sneaker. Something about a collared shirt and bball shoes looks kinda funny to me but I know others disagree. I think the key to incorporating basketball shoes is keeping a relaxed look overall while making sure everything fits properly and goes well together, without matching colors.

Not sure what girls you know, but the women in my circles know a great deal.

I will admit I like to look nice for the ladies. I'm single and I like my ladies to look nice and I cant be an hypocrite and look like chit.

If you are around ladies that are label slaves, you might be around the wrong women.
Yes most dont but not all. There are some women that know a great deal about mens fasion. My mom is one.
Props to your mom if she knows the difference between canvassed and fused jackets, diff types of button stance, how to detect sleeve pinch, and the minute details of that nature.

I know a handful of women who are in the industry and they didn't even know the difference between the types of pockets ie patch or regular until I told them.

Just got back from LV, broke some rules, but gave no dambs.

Great time was had.

Took some AE seconds to the club, definitely need a polish now. Wasn't going to spend $60-100 on some cheap squared toe atrocities.

Wore a black suit :pimp:

Sneaker debate, it sucks right now. Tried to get the 88's. Did the TLO from @nikestore. Literally. 5 seconds and they were gone. The only good thing about the hype is I've been taking older kicks to a cosignment shop an they have been selling for a good amount. Even with their cut. They are going for way more than what I would get on NT B/S and no hassle on my end.

what consignment shop?

Lol man see thats thing- I am a fan of a lot of basketball sneakers but not the clothing most suited to them aka colorful t-shirts and what not. I like polos and such, so I try to incorporate sneakers with what I wear as best I can. I've been realizing that less bulky, more subtle shoes would help make these looks a lot more well put together and thats why I'm (trying) not to blow any more money on additional kobes, brons or foams...

Do as others in this thread claim to do. Do what satisfies you?

If your sneaks satisfy you, rock'em.

Props to your mom if she knows the difference between canvassed and fused jackets, diff types of button stance, how to detect sleeve pinch, and the minute details of that nature.

I know a handful of women who are in the industry and they didn't even know the difference between the types of pockets ie patch or regular until I told them.

Wasn't the discussion about women being able to see if a suit/clothing fits well? What does detecting different button stances have to do with that? I feel like you're making gross generalizations which are far from the truth from my personal experience. Most guys I know don't know or care to know if a suit fits perfect or any of the other details you mentioned. On the other hand, the girls and women I know are much more attuned to looking at details and able to pick out a well-fitted suit on a man.

And I understand and partially agree with the whole "dressing for yourself" part. But I don't think dressing up to feel confident to attract women is foolish. Men do a lot of foolish things to attract women and building confidence by looking nice is not one of them IMO

This why I am throwing in the towel on Jordans. It has become a thing for children. At 32, I'm way too old to associate myself with childish things. I still love them but I cant jump thru all the hoops that it takes to obtain a pair.

Bruh me and you are in the SAME boat. I'm 32 as well, I gave my 15 year old cousin my money to scoop a pair for me when he went to pick up his pair. He went to like 5 stores that morning and all were sold out. When he told me what happened I just gave a shoulder shrug and was like "oh well". Like yourself I'm too grown to be running around and jumping through hoops to buy a pair of sneaks. The sneaker hype these days is out of control. I'm blessed that I came up during a time when you wanted a pair of highly anticpated sneaks you just had to wake up and get to the shoe store a few hours after they opened on a release date to get a pair.

This why I am throwing in the towel on Jordans. It has become a thing for children. At 32, I'm way too old to associate myself with childish things. I still love them but I cant jump thru all the hoops that it takes to obtain a pair.

Bruh me and you are in the SAME boat. I'm 32 as well, I gave my 15 year old cousin my money to scoop a pair for me when he went to pick up his pair. He went to like 5 stores that morning and all were sold out. When he told me what happened I just gave a shoulder shrug and was like "oh well". Like yourself I'm too grown to be running around and jumping through hoops to buy a pair of sneaks. The sneaker hype these days is out of control. I'm blessed that I came up during a time when you wanted a pair of highly anticpated sneaks you just had to wake up and get to the shoe store a few hours after they opened on a release date to get a pair.

Uhh...I just wake up at 5am and buy the shoes online. Did it in my pajamas.... :lol:

Got me 3 pairs of Black Toe 1s and a pair of the 88 Cement 3s this Saturday....

Wasn't the discussion about women being able to see if a suit/clothing fits well? What does detecting different button stances have to do with that? I feel like you're making gross generalizations which are far from the truth from my personal experience. Most guys I know don't know or care to know if a suit fits perfect or any of the other details you mentioned. On the other hand, the girls and women I know are much more attuned to looking at details and able to pick out a well-fitted suit on a man.

And I understand and partially agree with the whole "dressing for yourself" part. But I don't think dressing up to feel confident to attract women is foolish. Men do a lot of foolish things to attract women and building confidence by looking nice is not one of them IMO

Could not agree more, I was trying to reply but you hit the nail on the head. Not too many people care about how the stake is prepared as long as it's good. That being said, the final product is what matters.

It is in all males no matter the species, to do things to attract the opposite sex. It's our instinct, we can't help it.

Uhh...I just wake up at 5am and buy the shoes online. Did it in my pajamas.... :lol:

Dang...no bots? I only wanted the 88s, and struck out. Luckily that played well in my favor because I used the money to buy a Kenzo sweater I've been looking for.

Most women will correlate GQ to what looks good. As we all know, everything in GQ is comically tight, to the point that you can't move freely. Button stance...well that determines the pattern of the jacket. Not all pattern works for all body types. Low button stance on a 2 button jacket allows for a big gorge, which is good for taller guys, not so much for shorter guys. Not all 2 button jackets will have the same positions for the buttons.

You are correct, most guys don't really care how a suit fits. A suit is a suit.

I also do agree that men do foolish things to attract women. Knew several rich kids in college that were whipping supercars just to pull chicks. They got to pipe, and the girls got shopping money, mutual relationship. I'll leave the other part alone. I said what I wanted to say. It'll just keep going back and forth at this point aimlessly. :smile:

Could not agree more, I was trying to reply but you hit the nail on the head. Not too many people care about how the stake is prepared as long as it's good. That being said, the final product is what matters.

It is in all males no matter the species, to do things to attract the opposite sex. It's our instinct, we can't help it.
It seems as if I hit a sensitive spot with my other post. That wasn't my intention. Let me know when you're in LA....we'll go out to a steakhouse. Girlslovewaffle can pick up the tab for the gang :lol: :smile:

My pops is wildly successful running the family business for years. Even-though I have nothing to do it, my pops shakes his head at my Jordans when I wear them around him. One of his businesses is working with inner city kids. So he's hip to what goes on RD. I try to tell him that I get them online. He replies with his, "Son I got up at 5am to make money (usually shows me a check someone has given him) while you are waking up to early to give Jordan $200, who's sleep in his mega mansion". He knows I make good money now, but he gets me every-time with these little zingers.

Last edited:
It seems as if I hit a sensitive spot with my other post. That wasn't my intention. Let me know when you're in LA....we'll go out to a steakhouse. Girlslovewaffle can pick up the tab for the gang :lol: :smile:

No sensitive spot hit. You can't convince me that you are only concerned with your personal satisfaction.

Last edited:

I'll pay for valet. You guys can split the bill.

:lol:

Last edited:
My pops is wildly successful running the family business for years. Even-though I have nothing to do it, my pops shakes his head at my Jordans when I wear them around him. One of his businesses is working with inner city kids. So he's hip to what goes on RD. I try to tell him that I get them online. He replies with his, "Son I got up at 5am to make money (usually shows me a check someone has given him) while you are waking up to early to give Jordan $200, who's sleep in his mega mansion". He knows I make good money now, but he gets me every-time.
Nearly the same story as my step dad. He's also very successful but frugal when it comes to things like clothes. He used to question to why I had so many pairs of sneakers that cost over $100 even though the money came from my job. He thought I was nuts that I had the release dates circled ahead to plan the buys.

As a business lover and degree holder, I know where's he's coming from....the making someone else rich mentality. However, I didn't really go through 10 years or so of further education after HS just to make lots of cake and not spend it.

I don't even know how kids are affording all of the shoes now. Back when I was into it...retros were around $125. Only the new Jordans ran $150. And we only bought a pair per month max. Now, retros are $160, not to mention the other stuff like Kobe, Durant, Foam, Lebron, etc line.

There's a local chain here...it's like a structured mom and pop joint (WSS for those in SoCal). They smartened up and offered payment plans for the sneakers so you can pay back on a monthly basis. I'm sure interest has to be sky high :lol:

No sensitive spot hit. You can't convince me that you are only concerned with your personal satisfaction.
My girl makes fun of me all the time when I rock my purple sweat shorts and high water trousers :lol:

Not really here to convince anything or anyone, man :smile:

Dang...no bots? I only wanted the 88s, and struck out. Luckily that played well in my favor because I used the money to buy a Kenzo sweater I've been looking for.

no bots.

all from Footlocker, Eastbay, and Champs.

Back
Top Bottom