Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Has anyone ever slimmed down some jeans? Thinking of trying this tomorrow with some work khakis

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

:wow:

Will attempt.

If it was up to me I'd be wearing a skin tight hoodie like this

:wow:
Will attempt.

Didnt watch who vid but it seems that he slimmed them down by cutting in side the leg. It seem it would be easier to slim the outsides. Then you dont have to worry about the crotch. My tailor only slims the outside of my denim and only does the inside on non-denim.

You dont go all the way up on the outside just below the pockets and then taper them in.

I do the pinning myself at home and then take them to the tailor. He's good but he's not really fashion forward.

Last edited:
Hey_

Is anybody familiar with Uniqlo's Made in Japan denim? Do they run big?

Also, does Uniqlo currently have an un-structued blazer offered?

Julius F. Wrek

Any other Wide foot cats in here? Sucks finding nice shoes online, getting them in the mail and they OD narrow

cmon bros, all talk and no fits!...lol....ill be the first, bitter-sweet feeling to have a new thread, something special about the last one, but today is the day for change....anyhow i put together some of the last fits i put together, which were posted in the past thread.
7601385224_97ee9b9186_b.jpg

nice fits.

have you ever considered a different hair style? not hating, just wondering lol.

Last edited:
Ok ya I can't pull that off :lol:

My body type is like a bodybuilder version of you x2.5

I'm talking like this shirt and short combo

:lol: Gotcha. You may have a hard time finding articles that fit you nicely off the rack since you're cut up so you may have to do some brand searching. I really dislike black articles. A black dress and casual shirt gives off the waiter vibe. When in doubt, your safest bet is to go with a white or light blue shirt, either in oxford or poplin cotton. If you plan on wearing shorts, make sure they are not too baggy and at around the knee caps length.

Last edited:
:lol: Gotcha. You may have a hard time finding articles that fit you nicely off the rack since you're cut up so you may have to do some brand searching. I really dislike black articles. A black dress and casual shirt gives off the waiter vibe. When in doubt, your safest bet is to go with a white or light blue shirt, either in oxford or poplin cotton. If you plan on wearing shorts, make sure they are not too baggy and at around the knee caps length.
THIS.
black shirts irk me. being in college, everyone throws one on and some gaudy tie to some formal event and thinks they are doing it.
doing it they are not. unbelievably applebee's imo :lol:

THIS.
black shirts irk me. being in college, everyone throws one on and some gaudy tie to some formal event and thinks they are doing it.
doing it they are not. unbelievably applebee's imo :lol:
:lol: Reminds me of those kiosks at the mall that want to buy your gold for cash. They wear black shirts with some outlandish 5" wide yellow ties.

I had to wear a black shirt once for a fashion event, per their instruction and I really disliked it. I was joking with the girls there that I can go in for a shift at a bar after I was done since I was dressed in all black. It seems the fashion world loves black. I think it's easier for girls to rock black than men since there's a lot of ways to go about doing so.

Anybody tried this J.Crew "Very Personal Stylist" service yet?They keep touting it as being free and they offer some really great services such as opening the store early/closing late,personal appointments via in store,online,and on the phone,and free shipping...All this seems great but they must be some catch..Am I missing something? Any insight?

i was trying to get my Ksteezy on
glasses.gif

jcrew chambray
tank from urban outfitters
levis 511's
vans
2eq410i.jpg
I like...I've always wondering how that jcrew shirt would look like if worn correctly. I really like the tank underneath. Wish I could find a v-neck similar to that or with an all over design..any suggestions?

With that said....a bespoke suit would make a confident go-to fit for formal occasions.

Last edited:
I like...I've always wondering how that jcrew shirt would look like if worn correctly. I really like the tank underneath. Wish I could find a v-neck similar to that or with an all over design..any suggestions?

With that said....a bespoke suit would make a confident go-to fit for formal occasions.

i was at jcrew the other day holding that shirt in my hand and opted for their lightweight washed shirt instead (which itself was a good buy, the shirt is light as hell). 2 shirts for 200$ is a hard buy, but ive been wanting a chambray shirt for a min. gonna have to cop this week.

how do you feel about the steep peaks on the sides? ive never seen such a high peak and it thru me off...

Anybody tried this J.Crew "Very Personal Stylist" service yet?They keep touting it as being free and they offer some really great services such as opening the store early/closing late,personal appointments via in store,online,and on the phone,and free shipping...All this seems great but they must be some catch..Am I missing something? Any insight?

Only catch would probably being harassed about buying a bunch of stuff while you're there. Definitely would have to come away with something. It'd feel dirty to take up their time and not buy anything.

Holy crap. I was just gonna ask if any of you guys have that J Crew chambray shirt. I like.

any difference in quality and build between jcrew and jcrew factory?

thats what i was going to say. imma be honest i bought mine at the factory store for $35

ive seen the one at the main store and really no difference..

and malcom4819 thanks man :D

Last edited:
I'm looking for a pair of Salmon colored chinos preferably slim fitting but i'm not finding anything...

Any suggestions on where to look?

thats what i was going to say. imma be honest i bought mine at the factory store for $35
ive seen the one at the main store and really no difference..
and malcom4819 thanks man :D

The main difference is where it is made. Many of the factory items are mass produced in China. I usually wait until they have sales in store.

I'm looking for a pair of Salmon colored chinos preferably slim fitting but i'm not finding anything...

Any suggestions on where to look?

Docker make a good pair. I would also look at your local Macys or Gap. The Gap near me had a crazy sale on chinos. $19.99 with 40% off

Back
Top Bottom