Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Whats up fellow fashion enthusiasts. I have one thing to say, pastel color pants folded to capri length with boat shoes, is THE WORST male trend i have seen in my life. Can't wait till it leaves. Thats all.

If you focus properly you will realize the direction Men are heading towards is very feminine in basics.

Last edited:
Typing via phone so excuse any errors.

bear: Make sure the shoulders fit. If they don't...don't buy. Make sure the back area is not too full. Make sure sleeve lengths aren't too short. Length of the jacket is your preference. Traditional is to cover entire rear, while modern is partial. Post pics!

Thanks guys. I was looking for something like this, I'll put these on my phone when I go.

indochino_suit.jpg

jon-hamm-mad-men-set-suit.jpg

What is a reasonable price range for a jacket?

Whats up fellow fashion enthusiasts. I have one thing to say, pastel color pants folded to capri length with boat shoes, is THE WORST male trend i have seen in my life. Can't wait till it leaves. Thats all.
It's not a trend, dude. It's the whole Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket look. Affluent dudes have been doing this for generations. I like pastel color trousers myself, but don't have any boat shoes. I wear folded chinos with other kind of footwear however.

Took my A.P.C. New Standard denim and my Neighborhood x Supreme denim to the dry cleaner/tailor the other day when I dropped my suit off for cleaning. I told the tailor to make the NS denim fit EXACTLY like my A.P.C. denim. Very pleased with the results. These jeans came out during the baggy era so I haven't worn them in such a long time since they just didn't fit my style any more. But now... :pimp:

:smokin:smokin, Was it selvage? I have a couple pairs of nudies I need slimmed down. How much did you end up paying for the service?

Thanks guys. I was looking for something like this, I'll put these on my phone when I go.
indochino_suit.jpg

jon-hamm-mad-men-set-suit.jpg

What is a reasonable price range for a jacket?
Jackets depend on brands and materials. For Macy's...I donno, $300 would be pushing it on the upper end?

You are right, could have been existent for generations, however it is now mainstream. Hence, it being a trend. Its cool you know that is what fashion is all about, but rather than being innovative and creative, the rehashing of this particular style, im completely against. It is VERY feminine to me.

The principal here is when white dudes are wearing this type of clothes in Nantucket in their colonial front yard,summer time, cooking up a grill with the DA, its different then dudes wearing this on the subway.

Ace: For that price, you really don't have much to lose. I read that Gap is marking down last year's selvedge denim because the customers hated them. They're made in a country in the Middle East if I recall correctly. The model before that was made in China and customers raved about it.
I've been looking for a light washed/distressed jean around the $200 mark and it's been kinda hard. I settled for J. Crew's 484 regular denim line...we'll see how the quality is.

It's funny you bring that up, I actually own a pair made in China from about 3 years ago too.

I don't wear em anymore since I shed a few pounds(they're 36 waist, I'm a 34 now). The rise on the ones from China is much better than the ones from Bangladesh, as well as the look of the denim. But, the "skinny" indication on them is a false advertisement. They're slim-straight at the best :smh:. I'm gonna see if my tailor can bring them in to match the new ones.​

Are there any jeans that are still on the formal side? Something that isn't tight when sitting, something slimmish but not too loose.

Last edited:
Are there any jeans that are still on the formal side? Something that isn't tight when sitting, something slimmish but not too loose.
You need dark blue/indigo jeans with plain rear pockets. I prefer APC New Standard and New Cure. J. Crew, Gap, etc. has dark jeans as well with minimal design that would work.

^There's a lot of ways to rock that combo. It comes down to your preference, man. Just go with whatever you like and confidently wear. I don't like chinos with stack though so first I would get the chinos hemmed and then double cuff with boat shoes, but that's just me. The most important part is for you to be able to be confidence.

excited about the Suit Supply opening in Georgetown. seem like they have some nice stuff. 

do they cater mostly to smaller guys or do they run all sizes?

I'm a bigger/athletic type build and my weight fluctuates depending on how I train. I try to stay between (195-205) though.

excited about the Suit Supply opening in Georgetown. seem like they have some nice stuff. 

do they cater mostly to smaller guys or do they run all sizes?

I'm a bigger/athletic type build and my weight fluctuates depending on how I train. I try to stay between (195-205) though.
nerd.gif
  Do you know when it's opening?

:lol: I posted a picture of Jkissi and friends in suits a while back and there were a few comments saying they look like fools. I saw the same pic on my Tumblr's dashboard yesterday as a reblog. The pic had 600+ reblogs so they def found a fan base. Taking pics with nice backdrops is a full time job :lol:

Wj4 that briefcase looks great...probably only gonna get better too once it gets some more wear :smokin

Wj4 that briefcase looks great...probably only gonna get better too once it gets some more wear :smokin
Thanks, Ly. I'm debating on whether or not to condition the leather right now. The material scratches easily, and the deep scratches on the back came from making contact with corners on big books. (It happened when I throw everything in the trunk).

A 100 year warranty though...
Haha, yeah man...that's their niche. Saddleback's story is interesting. If I recall correctly, he was a backpacker that went to Mexico, somehow got caught up in a drug war, and later decided to make tough bags because he couldn't find any. The bags are made in "old world Mexico". Everything they make has the 100 yrs warranty. I guess I'll be putting this into my will when I kick the bucket. The bag is one of their smaller ones, but it's pretty heavy. I don't think I can carry it all day long or if I have to commute on foot for a long duration.

Rockin the Tombs for a shopping day
Your confidence man...Its overflowing. Respect.

:lol: I posted a picture of Jkissi and friends in suits a while back and there were a few comments saying they look like fools. I saw the same pic on my Tumblr's dashboard yesterday as a reblog. The pic had 600+ reblogs so they def found a fan base. Taking pics with nice backdrops is a full time job :lol:
Yeah. Those guys found a way to get paid and live out their dreams. I applaud them.

Casual Friday. Eagle shirt from Macy's, A.P.C. New Standard denim (8 months no wash), and A.P.C. suede tennis shoes. Might tuck my shirt in later tonight when I hit the bar but I don't give a damn at work I wanna be comfortable :lol:

I think you should look into better fitting shirts. Also, shirts that are made to be left untucked are shorter. Its always hard to pull off dress shirts with casual clothing. Invest in some heather grey undershirts, PLEASE.

Back
Top Bottom