Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I found this on tumblr a while back. I believe it was originally posted by Esquire.
personally  i don't like wearing black with navy...i feel like they're too similar and too different at the same time. it's weird to me..

a black suit can be accentuated with the right browns - of course the rest of the outfit has to agree (shirt, tie etc.)

it's also hard to generalize because there are so many shades of brown that can really set off different suits.

personally  i don't like wearing black with navy...i feel like they're too similar and too different at the same time. it's weird to me..

a black suit can be accentuated with the right browns - of course the rest of the outfit has to agree (shirt, tie etc.)

it's also hard to generalize because there are so many shades of brown that can really set off different suits.

There was a discussion about this in the old thread. wj4 had a nice wiwt pic floating around somewhere.

Last edited:
Hate black with Navy.

Definitely will post the outfit when I get it right. Definitely need to get my chinos hemmed.

There was a discussion about this in the old thread. wj4 had a nice wiwt pic floating around somewhere.
:lol: Yeah, it's in the blog from a couple of months back. Doubled breast suit with black Alden shell cordovan Longwing Bluchers. Some liked it, some hated it. I used to dislike navy and black, but now I think it can work.

Black with navy looks damn good in a formal setting. I also like it with dark denim and navy blazers.

Outside of a super formal setting, I go by season. In the fall/winter time I'll go with black shoes with a navy suit. In the spring/summer, I'll go with brown shoes.

This is one of my pet peeves with Clarks DB especially the beeswax (I've had 3 pairs). They are so fresh initially but they scratch so easily. What can I do to "condition" the leather. All I do now is use the sneaker/boot protector spray from Footlocker.
It's the nature of the leather, man. Some leathers scratch easier than others. This is why a lot of folks love them. After some time, they develop a worn in look. You can buy leather conditioner to use every now and then so the leather doesn't dry out, but you can't really change the nature of it.

Natural chromoexcel is a great example. This thing darkens up with just exposure to light :lol:

6351575206_1a5c3c1221.jpg

wj4 single-handedly dressing everyone in this thread lol :smokin respect

im on hunt for a pair of dark brown/black/oxblood boots similar to Alden Cordovan boots or these

looking to spend no more than 200 though...any help???

wj4 single-handedly dressing everyone in this thread lol :smokin respect
im on hunt for a pair of dark brown/black/oxblood boots similar to Alden Cordovan boots or these

looking to spend no more than 200 though...any help???
I'm just here to help out, man. I take these pictures daily, but I don't post them all. I only post the ones I really like or I'll post up stuff when I see this thread slowing down. You can't really count the old cats like me, RFX, etc. because we are working professionals. You young dudes are definitely doing it while in college.

If you're willing to bump that up to $300, you should watch out for the Alden Irregular List from shoemart. Just give them a call to request you be put on a list. This is a cap of what a partial list looks like. I haven't seen any pair exceed $300 yet. I have a pair and I really can't see what's wrong with them.

34hurn9.jpg

if you guys are looking for some fashionable loafers or even wingtips or oxfords, check out Zara, their stuff might not be top notch AE type of quality but they sure look good.:D

I also got some bracelets to wear with more casual outfits. I'm not willing to spend a lot of money on them. These are only $5 each, and hand made from the homeland.

tumblr_m86qudQeJ21rux7jzo1_500.jpg

some of you seriously have no fashion sense at all; copying the leader doesn't make you fashionable

some of you seriously have no fashion sense at all; copying the leader doesn't make you fashionable

What does that even mean :rofl:

If we go by your theory than NOONE has a sense of fashion...we all get inpiration for someone or something...btw I've been dressing like this for some time in case that was directed towards me.

Back
Top Bottom