Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Finally got caught on this thread!

For all that were asking, Suit Supply is :pimp: :pimp: . I went there for the first time and instantly fell in love. The gentleman who helped me out was very well versed in fashion and extremely nice. They have such a deep selection, even greater than what is on their website. I know they have one in the CHI and one in Georgetown opening up. The best part is that they have different cuts to suit your style, needs and body type. I'm actually stopping by next weekend to the one in NYC so if anyone wants pics or anything let me know.

wj4, when you take pics wearing bold color pants/sport coats or non-traditional suits, are these for work or for activities outside of work? I'm just asking because I have a few unique pieces that I want to figure out when they are appropriate for.

I NEED these boots, but I won't spend $900 for them. Can someone point me in the direction of a cheaper alternative. No more than $350 if possible.

Marmourj - check out old navy, they had a few weeks back a pair of slim fitted Camo cargo pants fr like 20$ they fit surprisingly good....I still got them tailored more...will be wearing them probably for my bday.

Bet. Thanks bro.

tumblr_m8gu1f31Bo1qbmba2o1_500.jpg

Finally got these in my life.. haven't broken them out yet. Any tips / suggestions on how and what to wear with em? I see a lot of people wearing rolled chinos and jeans.

Brown-Wingtips-485x323.jpg

Just got these in the mail yesterday and am wearing them at work for casual friday right now. Absolutely love these things! Wearing them with a black Hugo Boss button down and my A.P.C.'s. They are pretty much the same color as my denim and the way my denim matches up with them is :pimp: Going to get another pair in ecorce very soon :D

those kicks are dope....info?

this is one of the most efeminant threads on this board...

not suprised really. yall metro dudes love to get catty

in regaurds to the cat fights that is, not the stylings

Last edited:
For you dudes that don't wear socks with shoes, specifically vans, how do you keep them from smelling like ***? :lol: :nerd:

Terry cloth insoles. Soooo clutch. You can go sockless and your feet never sweat and they're inexpensive. Definitely recommended.

I just cant get down with wearing camo. For some military personnel, Its actually quite offensive to see someone wearing camo articles of clothing. Not everyone thinks that way, but there are some that do feel that way.

Those jeans ruined the shoes for me.....love the Arenas though

Today Camo x "dated" polo shirt

Not trying to do anything to fancy... was going for something casual but at the same time something that looks better than usual... My boy just told me he plans on going with a button down cargos and some jays... thats the attire people will be wearing at this party. My friends,who are twins btw, also have that "dress better" mentality so theyll be looking something like what I will be wearing.
Opinions please and thank you. Will rep! SORRY FOR THE QUALITY IT WAS SOMETHING QUICK.
2poedmw.jpg

146wpd.jpg

Jeans dont look baggy like the 2nd bottom right image. just saying
son, you just look like you came back from a night out and woke up like that. #hangoversteez
honestly, ditch the white under shirt, button to 2 buttons undone
unfortunately, i know you don't rock with tucking in, but that is more of a dress shirt instead of a sports shirt
meaning, it is longer since its meant to be tucked. if it was good to go hanging out, it would end right around the top of your crotch area
cuff your pants at least twice
don't wear white socks with boat shoes. sock less or some colorful joints would set it off

Last edited:
Not trying to do anything to fancy... was going for something casual but at the same time something that looks better than usual... My boy just told me he plans on going with a button down cargos and some jays... thats the attire people will be wearing at this party. My friends,who are twins btw, also have that "dress better" mentality so theyll be looking something like what I will be wearing.

Opinions please and thank you. Will rep! SORRY FOR THE QUALITY IT WAS SOMETHING QUICK.

2poedmw.jpg

146wpd.jpg

You'll be straight if people are wearing cargos, J's, and all....I'd say a v-neck shirt would look better if you're gonna leave it unbuttoned like that...and the pants still look long, since they're khakis they shouldn't be stacking that much on the boat shoes, are you wearing a belt too? Maybe if you can, pull em up a little bit b/c they're not a baggy fit, they just seem long on you. And the shirt is kinda long for you to leave it untucked, the tail is way past your "crotch" no 'mo, it should usually be about halfway down your zipper area if you wanna leave it untucked...do you have another button down you could rock? Like I said tho, if people are rocking jordans and cargos, you'll be straight so don't sweat it...just giving some tips for the future, you might wanna get the pants hemmed an inch or so and they'll fit perfectly...but you have a nice idea tho man

\
Appreciate the advice. Not going to wear white socks... it was just for the pic. Can I have an example of a sports shirt that wouldn't be tucked in
here's an image of an oxford gap sells

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=59545&vid=1&pid=289760&scid=289760042
they have the color way you currently have too. it's $50 but there's a 30% off sale

That one Pinoy mentioned is a great alternative, here's a link that talks about shirt length: http://www.primermagazine.com/2011/...d-the-front-be-of-an-untucked-button-up-shirt

Thinking about pulling the trigger on some Tretorn Nylites. Anybody have any fit pictures of them wearing a pair that will help convince me to cop? I already have JPs, Spring Courts, Chucks, Vans, but I'm interested to see how Tretorns stack up. They seem to be a slimmer silhouette than the ones I mentioned (not to mention popular in the tumblr-sphere).

I'll be in SOHO tomorrow... what stores to check out for the oxford shirt that would fit me right... i will wear it untucked so yeah
honestly, uniqlo should have a short version so you'd be set with an exchange. if not, h&m definitely would. gap has that sale running. idk if there is a jcrew in soho exactly, but check them too

tumblr_m8gu1f31Bo1qbmba2o1_500.jpg

Finally got these in my life.. haven't broken them out yet. Any tips / suggestions on how and what to wear with em? I see a lot of people wearing rolled chinos and jeans.

Brown-Wingtips-485x323.jpg

Those are sweet man, you could wear em like that picture and a blazer on top once fall/winter hit

Thinking about pulling the trigger on some Tretorn Nylites. Anybody have any fit pictures of them wearing a pair that will help convince me to cop? I already have JPs, Spring Courts, Chucks, Vans, but I'm interested to see how Tretorns stack up. They seem to be a slimmer silhouette than the ones I mentioned (not to mention popular in the tumblr-sphere).

Here's mine
2uppkqe.jpg
14t31v7.jpg

They're definitely more narrow than JP's but I like em, they're pretty comfortable too :smokin

Last edited:
Thanks Lyon, nice touch with the leather laces too. Will probably get a pair in the next few days. Would you say they fit TTS? I wear an 11 in Chucks, 12 in Nike.

Anybody know a good pair of skinny 5 pocket twill pants? I've never been a big fan of the soft lived in feel and it seems that's all companies are pushing out recently. I've been wearing these Gap Skinny Selvedge jeans way too much.

Thanks Lyon, nice touch with the leather laces too. Will probably get a pair in the next few days. Would you say they fit TTS? I wear an 11 in Chucks, 12 in Nike.

Yeah, they're definitely TTS....I wear the same sizes as you and I'd say get 11's since you'd probably be wearing them w/o socks

Look at Yeezus.
kanye-west-Tretorn-1.jpg

:lol:

Kanye has come a long way from his mixtape days. I still remember seeing him at House of Blues, best $20 ever spent. He did the whole College Dropout catalog and had Common come out and freestyle with him :lol:

Green Tricker's came in today.
tumblr_m8kjp4Pelt1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

2poedmw.jpg

146wpd.jpg

So I have to agree with what everyone has said. Frankly the pants are way too long and need to be hemmed, the shirt you're wearing is way too long and big for you and that white t-shirt with the shirt un-bottoned isn't doing you any favor. And yes loose the white socks.

I get that that the theme of the party/event is "dressing better" but the best advise I can give you is don't downgrade what you feel is dressing better because other people there will be wearing J's, cargos, etc. Honestly, to me and others here I feel that that isn't necessarily dressing better. I'm not saying that you need to go in a shirt and tie or a suit but frankly if you took what you're wearing in this picture and 1) the pants were properly hemmed (at about the ankle) since the width actually looks good, 2) get the shirt taken in from the sides, 3) tuck in the shirt, 4) switch the white crew neck for a v-neck 5) button the dress shirt and tuck it in and 6) wear no socks you'd still casual but would be one of the best dressed there. You're still taking the casual look you want but nipping things so that they fit you properly and so that you can look well put together. Honestly just buttoning up the shirt and tucking it in and getting the pants hemmed would do wonder. The shoes are great just loose the socks. And remember if you're the best dressed guy there there's a GREAT change that you'll be the guy getting the most attention from all the females there.

Back
Top Bottom