Dressing Better Vol 2.0

GOT DAMN I LOVE THIS JACKET.

NOT MY PICS BUT THIS IS MY NEXT TOJ AFTER I RECIEVE MY TOJ1

Can anybody find me clean camo crago pants? Ones that fit like Levi 511's or any slim fit...I cant find any anywhere

anyone know what boots these are? info would be greatly appreciated. thanks fellas

Last edited:
+1. I have those $12-15 shoe trees from Nordstrom Rack. Seems to do the job.

I have a couple of those and actually thinking of picking up another set this weekend. Either that or wait until Black Friday for Cole Haan's midnight sale, usually they have 50% off plus another 20% off from midnight to like 3am. I got 3 shoe trees for $8 each last year. For $12.50 though from NR you can't go wrong either.

:smokin ...YES, everytime lol. Folks come in, are OBVIOUSLY lurkers then when they feel the need to post its about "stop copying styles or being trendy or being a follwoer, or trying too hard."
IF YOU'RE NOT FEELING IT, CLICK ON ANOTHER THREAD FELLA! ...ps: Yes this is from like page 20 :lol: I'm playing catchup from having been around for original dressing better and just getting back on NT recently.:D
:wow: :gasp!: :lol: we need pics!
Can we do a before/after? or a "when I decided to grow up?" of how some folks used to dress?
I'll sit back and wait for RFX to post his illest JNCO jeans with the strings from highschool...

I may have some pictures of this of both me in urban wear and me in what I thought was dressing up attire. Mannnnn I kid you not I realized about 5 months ago that for my wedding, the jacket of my suit didn't have any vents :smh:

Im donating my suit to goodwill and starting over. Ive heard some people say start with navy and some people say start with grey? is it just a matter of opinion? Im opting to go in store instead of ordering online. My measurements are so non traditional that i feel i need to go into a store. im 6'5, 210.

btw i hate you short dudes. everything fits you...
for me it's:
1. find something that looks nice.
2. go to store and search. find nothing
3. search online. find what im looking for or a variation.
4. order
5. wait a week
6. miss ups deliver
7. wait til the weekend when i can pick it up from ups
8. get it home, try it on...doesn't fit (inconsistent sizing or just didnt look right)
9. send it back
10. start again...

end rant

Im donating my suit to goodwill and starting over. Ive heard some people say start with navy and some people say start with grey? is it just a matter of opinion? Im opting to go in store instead of ordering online. My measurements are so non traditional that i feel i need to go into a store. im 6'5, 210.
btw i hate you short dudes. everything fits you...
for me it's:
1. find something that looks nice.
2. go to store and search. find nothing
3. search online. find what im looking for or a variation.
4. order
5. wait a week
6. miss ups deliver
7. wait til the weekend when i can pick it up from ups
8. get it home, try it on...doesn't fit (inconsistent sizing or just didnt look right)
9. send it back
10. start again...
end rant

I fill you bro. I'm 6'3 210ish. I admittedly have shape as well. Booty from my dads side that skipped him and got me.

This is a short mans/ little foot thread. I see allot of nice things but my tall A%$ could not get away with most of the stuff posted or suggested.

I pops is a minister and he has always told me, the first suit you buy should be black. You cant go wrong with black. Black suit, shoes, tie, belt and a white shirt.

Tall guys have to tread lightly. Look at how many NBA players look goofy as hell in there fits. Too damn big to be wearing some of that stuff.

I will add if a tall guy does it right, he will look allot better than the smaller guys. It will be harder but the result will be better.

Last edited:
Mannnnn I kid you not I realized about 5 months ago that for my wedding, the jacket of my suit didn't have any vents :smh:

Was it a tuxedo? I'm just asking because tuxdedos, smoking jackets and dinner jackets typically do not have any vents although in more recent years designers have started adding double vents to these jackets.

I fill you bro. I'm 6'3 210ish. I admittedly have shape as well. Booty from my dads side that skipped him and got me.
This is a short mans/ little foot thread. I see allot of nice things but my tall A%$ could not get away with most of the stuff posted or suggested.
I pops is a minister and he has always told me, the first suit you buy should be black. You cant go wrong with black. Black suit, shoes, tie, belt and a white shirt.
Tall guys have to tread lightly. Look at how many NBA players look goofy as hell in there fits. Too damn big to be wearing some of that stuff.
I will add if a tall guy does it right, he will look allot better than the smaller guys. It will be harder but the result will be better.

Man all you need is a good tailor, do you know how many inches I have to get my pants taken up to fit the way they do?? If anything suits are made for dudes 6ft and above, shorter dudes are forced to get them hemmed....as far as te jacket just don't get a Short, go with a regular fit obviously, find a good tailor and you'll see.

6'3 is not that tall. You can still look pretty sharp at 6'3, its those guys that are 6'7 + that look kinda goofy with suits.

Can anyone recommend a nice cap toe boot and wing tip boot? Preferably in the $200 range, I could go up to $300 but HIGHLY prefer it to be $200ish. If theres a nice pair for under $200, ill most likely jump on it without thought since it wont be a boot ill use in constant rotation.

Man all you need is a good tailor, do you know how many inches I have to get my pants taken up to fit the way they do?? If anything suits are made for dudes 6ft and above, shorter dudes are forced to get them hemmed....as far as te jacket just don't get a Short, go with a regular fit obviously, find a good tailor and you'll see.

A good tailor is no good when theres not enough material. Some things just look better in smaller sizes. Especially shoes, some shoes look great in a 6, get to a 13 and its horrible. As tall guy, I can try certain things on to learn, it just dont look good in my size. No tailor can fix that.

^^^your measurements are not that crazy, how big is Brady?...and my man looks pretty good whn he suits up.

A good tailor is no good when theres not enough material. Some things just look better in smaller sizes. Especially shoes, some shoes look great in a 6, get to a 13 and its horrible. As tall guy, I can try certain things on to learn, it just dont look good in my size. No tailor can fix that.

Peep this man: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20230...our-shape-best-styles-sizes-men/#.UFtOhaSe6iM

Especially Raja Bell, he's got a few inches on you and still looks great in the "after" shot in a asuit: http://www.gq.com/how-to/fashion/200707/gq-primer-suit-your-shape-slideshow#slide=5

You may have to try one of the online MTM sites like Indochino or even better SuitSupply...you send your measurements into them and they make you one based on that (albeit you may have to get some minor alterations done afterwards)....I dunno what your price range is but Indochino starts at about $350 and Suit Supply is like 500-600 if I remember correctly

What type of boots would you guys recommend to be worn with dress pants (or chinos) and what specific brands would you recommend? I can already tell it's going to be a cole winter (real cole) and pretty wet so I just want to get my footwear ready for whatever mother nature brings. Thanks.

CP3 looking really good in all of the pictures, except the one with the vest over the sports coat....I can't get myself to like that appeal.
Eek at the Jumpman pose, shirt looks like it's about to rip.

agreed, I thought that it was only bothering me...

Back
Top Bottom