Dressing Better Vol 2.0

a tweed newsboy cap will be great ... especially in a brown or a gray.
quick google search brought this up
I feel with hats like these, the hat wears you as opposed to you wearing the hat (most people).

You need to have a certain style and be a "certain kind of person" for lack of a better phrase to pull off a hat like this without trying too hard.

I feel with hats like these, the hat wears you as opposed to you wearing the hat (most people).

You need to have a certain style and be a "certain kind of person" for lack of a better phrase to pull off a hat like this without trying too hard.
I feel the same way with fedora's I would love to rock a straw one but I just know with my style it doesn't fit.

The 2 people that pull this off well are white girls and street dudes from LA 
laugh.gif

I need a fit for an all black party (not a formal event)

whats a spot with some good sweaters that arent bussing heads price wise?

I need a fit for an all black party (not a formal event)

whats a spot with some good sweaters that arent bussing heads price wise?

Couple things, it's all black as in head to toe? No other colors on you? May be a dumb question but I'm curious.

Also, what do you mean but "bussing heads price wise"? I could be sarcastic and corny asking if you mean wouldn't be a lot of money for someone with a busboy's earnings but I just did. I mean, $200 could be a lot for some people. And what style of sweater?

Couple things, it's all black as in head to toe? No other colors on you? May be a dumb question but I'm curious.
Also, what do you mean but "bussing heads price wise"? I could be sarcastic and corny asking if you mean wouldn't be a lot of money for someone with a busboy's earnings but I just did. I mean, $200 could be a lot for some people. And what style of sweater?

I mean I never rock all black, I bought some velvet tassel slippers I`m gonna rock, I might just rock a Rugby Shawl Cardigan I have, but I forget if its black or navy gotta check when I go to moms crib, but I wanted to cop something new. Last yr I rocked a Blazer grey pants and red RL loafers. This last min so something under 100 because I had to cop some winter gear. I copped this Armani Exchange sweater but when I got it in the mail the quality was thin as hell and it fit too big. http://www.armaniexchange.com/product/diamond+stripe+sweater.do?sortby=

can someone tell me the difference between merino wool and cashmere? which one is easier to keep in shape? i had a cashmere sweater that i wore 2-3 times and after washing it, it lost its shape and ballooned out. not sure if the same will happen with merino wool

can someone tell me the difference between merino wool and cashmere? which one is easier to keep in shape? i had a cashmere sweater that i wore 2-3 times and after washing it, it lost its shape and ballooned out. not sure if the same will happen with merino wool
please tell me you didn't put a cashmere sweater in the washing machine.

J.Crew suit delivered to me last week.

Eh I've been lucky to have most suits fit me right out the box...so I havent been to a tailor/cleaner for anything but jeans
So, threw on a shirt to check the fit.Shoulders seem fine, lapels are pretty slim haha, pants fit well too.
Obviously need to get it pressed/de-wrinklefied etc, since it came out of a box but maybe taken in slightly too? I have a slim build hidden there

42R, 34/32. (I'm 6'1 190 if that matters.)

You guys know if I get it slimmed a bit plus cleaned/pressed, could I pay a lower price for both together??
I know some places might...any suggestions appreciated :wink:

..meh:nerd:

J.Crew suit delivered to me last week.

Eh I've been lucky to have most suits fit me right out the box...so I havent been to a tailor/cleaner for anything but jeans
So, threw on a shirt to check the fit.Shoulders seem fine, lapels are pretty slim haha, pants fit well too.
Obviously need to get it pressed/de-wrinklefied etc, since it came out of a box but maybe taken in slightly too? I have a slim build hidden there

42R, 34/32. (I'm 6'1 190 if that matters.)

You guys know if I get it slimmed a bit plus cleaned/pressed, could I pay a lower price for both together??
I know some places might...any suggestions appreciated :wink:

..meh:nerd:

Looks pretty good.

Small points, it's kind of tough to really tell with just arms straight down in terms of overall fit but the right sleeve looks a little short...the left looks good. How much room do you have between your chest and the jacket? I personally would like a little higher buttoning point too.

which J.Crew suit is that?
Ludlow, via Factory...total was like $218 with 25% off code: LOVEIT (believe that expired), so I said f it, why not?

Looks pretty good.
Small points, it's kind of tough to really tell with just arms straight down in terms of overall fit but the right sleeve looks a little short...the left looks good. How much room do you have between your chest and the jacket? I personally would like a little higher buttoning point too.

I hear you...I'm leaning slightly in the pic so I believe that's that. OR maybe the creases from shipment caused the shift in arms.
And Ah, i felt EXACT same way with button positioning...it really makes teh slimness of the lapels standout sicne they come down so long & sharp.
And by chest and jacket space, you mean how deep? I'd say maybe half to 3/4 of an inch...

I'm just nervous taking it in would throw the whole suit off. The arms would feel/look slightly wide, we'll see...ps: uh wedding is this saturday :lol:

well that's why it was ruined. nothing will last or hold its shape if you don't care for it properly
For fine knits, always delicately hand wash and lay dry flat. There's laundering bag you can use as well.

which J.Crew suit is that?
Ludlow, via Factory...total was like $218 with 25% off code: LOVEIT (believe that expired), so I said f it, why not?

Looks pretty good.

I hear you...I'm leaning slightly in the pic so I believe that's that. OR maybe the creases from shipment caused the shift in arms.
And Ah, i felt EXACT same way with button positioning...it really makes teh slimness of the lapels standout sicne they come down so long & sharp.
And by chest and jacket space, you mean how deep? I'd say maybe half to 3/4 of an inch...

I'm just nervous taking it in would throw the whole suit off. The arms would feel/look slightly wide, we'll see...ps: uh wedding is this saturday :lol:

Well, ****. You're not giving yourself a lot of time. You can get away with looking good in that, unless you're going to a wedding with most of the guys really paying attention to proper fit, it'll still be better than the vast majority.

In terms on the chest, I asked because it is fairly fitted through the waist but the chest looks a little...bulbous. It could be the pic again and that light in the back.

It would look good with some waist suppression if you can get that done in time.

Are you sure it's not the Factory Thompson Suite? I don't see the Ludlow being sold on the Factory site

nice, I'll have to check to see if I feel like I can pull it off.

Are you sure it's not the Factory Thompson Suite? I don't see the Ludlow being sold on the Factory site
guys, how many times are we gonna go over this. ludlow is not sold for j.crew factory, only j.crew
so yes, that is the thompson

Well, ****. You're not giving yourself a lot of time. You can get away with looking good in that, unless you're going to a wedding with most of the guys really paying attention to proper fit, it'll still be better than the vast majority.
In terms on the chest, I asked because it is fairly fitted through the waist but the chest looks a little...bulbous. It could be the pic again and that light in the back.
It would look good with some waist suppression if you can get that done in time.
Definitely not much time lol and I'm sure I'd be one of the few better dressed folks there, so no worries. Still would like to come correct.
I agree it looks/feels bulbous too. Definitely would like to slim it up a bit, and maybe narrow the sleeves slightly. My local tailor, I havent tested with suiting...only jeans/pants so that makes me nervous...in a perfect world where I get waist suppression and sleeves done along with shortening pants slightly: how much do you think it'd run me??

I may stroll through lower east side for another quick tailor too, just in case...

guys, how many times are we gonna go over this. ludlow is not sold for j.crew factory, only j.crew
so yes, that is the thompson

Haha correction, yes yes its the Thompson! ahh...didnt know this has been asked many a time, I got Ludlow stuck in my head since I've been eyeing two at my local j.crew :lol: :lol:
sb342x.jpg

edit: Just tried to find the link to my order ,but its already gone...barely been a week since I ordered...damn, sorry. :x

Last edited:
Word of advice, anything from the J. Crew Factory outlet is absolute crap. Materials are horrible and low quality. I'd advise you to return it ASAP, please. J. Crew Outlets (along with Banana and most Brooks Brothers 346 line) are made only for outlet and are not from their main stores.

Back
Top Bottom