Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Have an office christmas party in december, and im eyeing the j crew blazers with the prices right now from the sales

Jacket required.

what would be a better look,

or

thanks bros

Have an office christmas party in december, and im eyeing the j crew blazers with the prices right now from the sales
Jacket required.
what would be a better look,

or

thanks bros

Both jackets and colors are pretty versatile, since I don't know what you have in mind in regards to bottoms, I'd go with the jacket that may be a little more versatile based on the color, which at least for me would be the 2nd one.

Both jackets and colors are pretty versatile, since I don't know what you have in mind in regards to bottoms, I'd go with the jacket that may be a little more versatile based on the color, which at least for me would be the 2nd one.

i was planning on going navy slacks so either would work for that .

But i think your right I was leaning on the bottom as well. I dont wear many plain shirts so the herringbone might be too conflicting from my pov

plus it would look right with some jeans on a date night

i was planning on going navy slacks so either would work for that .
But i think your right I was leaning on the bottom as well. I dont wear many plain shirts so the herringbone might be too conflicting from my pov
plus it would look right with some jeans on a date night

The darker shade may make it harder to pair or differentiate it from navy, the other reason I leaned towards the second one is that if the bottom one isn't as heavy or thick as the herringbone, you may be able to wear it much more often than the first one.

EDIT: Actually I just saw that the jacket you want is a tweed so in terms of versatiity outside of fall and winter that's out of the picture, IF you want fall/winter weight jacket then still go with the second one, if you want something to wear year round, then go with the Thompson two-button jacket, although it is not as thick and a couple of more bucks it is still a Wool Jacket but at least you have the option of it being more a 4 season jacket and you can later purchase the pants to make it a suit.

Just read your line about wearing it with jeans, if that's the case go with the navy Thompson.

Last edited:
First off, let me start off by saying I hate Marshall's/Ross etc., always have... don't know maybe it's the chaos inside the store and the lack of patience to search for hidden "treasures".

That being said, I always get suckered in to these stores with people saying they found "this or that for X price", so there I go again and nada.

So I go hunting for Alpha Khakis, cause for $20-30 I say "WTH! Why not". Go in and the stores are a mess, expected, and truly nothing on the racks worth buying. Felt suckered again, :lol:.

Might take advantage of that Dockers F&F code. Looking for a pair in Olive, :nerd:

Last edited:
I did the exact same thing yesterday, Iron Man :lol:

Picked up this jacket from H&M for $30 after that coupon. Also featured in GQ. I ended up with the navy one but the green looked nice, too.

varsity-jacket-hm-635.jpg

blurry iphone pic ftl :smh:

Last edited:
I did the exact same thing yesterday, Iron Man :lol:
Picked up this jacket from H&M for $30 after that coupon. Also featured in GQ. I ended up with the navy one but the green looked nice, too.
varsity-jacket-hm-635.jpg

blurry iphone pic ftl :smh:

i need this jacket.. green or blue..

my local h&m only had a small and large.. need a medium :frown:

First off, let me start off by saying I hate Marshall's/Ross etc., always have... don't know maybe it's the chaos inside the store and the lack of patience to search for hidden "treasures".

That being said, I always get suckered in to these stores with people saying they found "this or that for X price", so there I go again and nada.

So I go hunting for Alpha Khakis, cause for $20-30 I say "WTH! Why not". Go in and the stores are a mess, expected, and truly nothing on the racks worth buying. Felt suckered again, :lol:.

Might take advantage of that Dockers F&F code. Looking for a pair in Olive, :nerd:

I never go to any of those anymore. I used to mostly for undershirts, underwear & athletic socks but I've found brands I like better than what they carry and I've never really found anything good otherwise.

I will say that most Ross and Marshall stores that I have gone too in L.A.; born and raise there until I moved to NY, are always a complete mess. I wish we had a Ross in NY but I know the Marshall's by me is usually very organized. I only go to stores like Marshall's and Ross to look for basics and ties.

On another note, started my Secret Santa shopping, and I'm very excited at the finds! My secret santa will be getting a few things that's for sure.

I can understand your hate for Ross, everytime I been in one the store has seemed like its been ransacked. I do stop in for home goods.

Marshalls is another story. I remember a time when my parents would visit every Marshalls in Houston after church on Sunday.

When I go to Marshalls I just look for purple tags. They are usually reserved for the nicer things. Some of which are actually high end stuff ie Gucci, Valentino and Prada. I tend to find alot of Polo stuff from the Black and Purple lines. I find RRL as well but always not in my size. I have found Rick Owens stuff, Raf Simons, JIl Sander, and many other brands at my local Marshalls. There are many in the Houston area but only one seems to get the nice stuff and that is the only one I frequent.

You can cut down on your time in Marshall's and TJ MAXX by scanning for purple tags. Not all Marshalls will have purple tags you have to find the one(s) that do.

Oh, Marshalls HOME GOODS is nice for stuff for the home.

Last edited:
Just got back from Skyfall.....man Daniel Craig's style and wardrobe was on point that whole movie, even when he went out shooting in the grass at the house :lol:...wish I had a reason and could afford to rock that midnight blue tux :x :smokin

kenneth cole has a 40% off today(not everything but a lot of stuff) plus if you use code VET12 you get another 10% off.

got some khaki jeans and some nice boots for an amazing price. went into the store rather than do it online

Last edited:
PIck ups,

Clockwise:

1. Barbour Hunter Hat
2, Penfield Beanie
3. Assassins Creed 3 (not clothing related)
4. John Varvatos Strummer boots

And nothing related to this thread but I saw this mitchell and ness throwback in the mall and was :x:smokin:nerd:

In a good way,

THen I looked at the 200 price tag and I in a bad way

Last edited:
can someone please give me some help of how the levis slim trucker jean jackets fit ? buying one online and getting it shipped to a friend in the US for pick up. so any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks!
I had the Levi's trucker jackets from Macys and they fit true to size. The Levi's trucker jacket I have now, in collaboration with Brooks Bros ran small so I had to size up one size.

is it too late to join db secret santa? Can i get a pass since I kind of came up with the idea? lol

Back
Top Bottom