Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Another rainy day in the Bay means whip out a North Face:

What kind of shoes are those? They're clean.

What you guys make of these jeans? The wrinkles on the bottom kind of bother me. They are Zara, they got some okay stuff.

I don't think I've ever posted in here but I've been lurking for quite some time, and I check up on Wisith's tumblr for some interesting fashion draw.
Thought I would drop by and point out that one of the pictures he reposted by womensweardaily is of a guy I went to high school with. He was just a regular guy that played football and was going to play in college. All of a sudden he dropped it, went to Cali to model and looks like he has blown up somewhat. I thought it was neat.
Anyway, good stuff from all of you guys, keep this thread going positive, it is a great read.
Hey there, thanks for checking out the blog. Which one is this?

I honestly thought I would get bored of blogging by now, but surprisingly it's still fun to me. I wish I had more time to do really more entries though.

RE: The hot girl in the leather legging...yes, sir. She is gorgeous.

Also RE: the picture I posted of the gent in front of the Bimmer...I don't know how that bag looks feminine. It's a regular soft briefcase. I also really don't care what others think. I carry my 'clutch' all the time. How else am I suppose to chuck around 2 cell phones and a digi cam :lol:

What kind of shoes are those? They're clean.

Thanks man. They are another pair of Vans.

I am still mainly a sneaker wearing dude. Casually, the only exceptions to sneakers I personally wear are DB's, duck boots, Top Siders, Timb's, and Red Wings. Other than that, I wear sneakers. The only time I'll wear a suit and /or tie, and "dress shoes" are to formal events, job interviews, etc.

Last edited:
whats great about the quality of this thread is that we have people that come from all walks of life.
sure there are similarities amongst our styles and likes but its not like we are all rocking ToJ leather jackets, APC jeans with Tricker Boots.
There are definitely some bargain shoppers on here who will frequent brands like H&M and Gap, while others will be posting recent pick ups of Balenciaga and MMM Gat trainers.
So yea i can understand why you posted that comment (i.e. i hate dudes who solely rock Polo for the fact its Polo) but in this thread, i just don't see anyone falling into that category.
I agree wholeheartedly. I played with the thought of buying an old school Tommy H. windbreaker from the 90s to wear under my office attire. The ones with a lot of logos :lol:

I honestly thought I would get bored of blogging by now, but surprisingly it's still fun to me. I wish I had more time to do really more entries though.

His name is Charles Melton. Actually, now that I think of it, he was my neighbor. I just thought it was interesting I saw him pop up.

Last edited:
I agree with this 100% but please don't put GAP and H&M on the same level :smh:
whoa, definitely not saying same level (GAP's actual one of my favorite go to brands so i would never bash it) but i just mean, you are definitely going to run across some awesome sales on like jeans there rather than what you see for some nudies anywhere else :lol:

Just go grab some Levi's. seriously, Zara is a fast fashion store and quality is always questionable

so im looking for a black shoe, that i can wear sort of casually but have it be a bit dressy...
sort of like an alternative for my clarks DB in beezwax, but black... i dont like the black DB's....
any suggestions...
What about black Chukkas? That's pretty much the grown up brother of the DB, nearly the same silhouette.

i could rock with chukkas, but whats a nice pair... if you dont mind showing me

I just don't really see it in this thread. Sure, there are some people that want or need direction or others that see a certain item, whether it's a brand or article that's specific, want to wear it just because and it can be forced. I'd think and it definitely seems like people in here go for a style over just a label though. People will definitely have an item in mind for whatever reason, it's rarely clearly obvious that it's just for the name...I don't think people in here are that focused on things that they're wearing specifically because the brand will get them noticed.
Regardless, that can and does happen in every segment of clothing type...whether you want to call it a demographic, genre, style (in a different sense, not personal style). Hipsters, urban or hip hop, business wear, whatever else.

I completely agree about the fact that people here go over style versus label. You do hear J. Crew mentioned a lot in this thread but that's due to the fact that J. Crew tends to be one of the few name brands that carries pretty classic pieces (ie. tweed blazers, their line of suits, etc.) and two for a price that the average consumer, like many of us in here find affordable. It helps that they tend to have sales all the time. If you look at what most people that do post their fits on here, they're classic menswear looks 90% of the time.

I think that's one of the things about "dressing better" that when your style changes to more of a classic type, and start realizing that fit is the most important element, that the brand stops mattering. I used to be that person that at times cared about the logo, thinking that was what made something look good. Now I realize whether it's a pair of trousers I found for $10 on clearance or $100, that if it doesn't fit properly it doesn't matter, it'll look bad regardless.

whats great about the quality of this thread is that we have people that come from all walks of life.
sure there are similarities amongst our styles and likes but its not like we are all rocking ToJ leather jackets, APC jeans with Tricker Boots.
There are definitely some bargain shoppers on here who will frequent brands like H&M and Gap, while others will be posting recent pick ups of Balenciaga and MMM Gat trainers.
So yea i can understand why you posted that comment (i.e. i hate dudes who solely rock Polo for the fact its Polo) but in this thread, i just don't see anyone falling into that category.

I complete agree with Pinoy about how people come from all different walks of life and how we have people here who buy pieces from H&M to Gucci or Made to Measure or Bespoke. I think it's the fact that we all are all open to seeing that regardless of brand, it's the way things fit and how the confidence one wears it with that make the outfit. Honestly, in regards to online forums, this is the only place that I check, period. This is due to many reasons, from the quality of posts in this thread, to the brotherhood that has formed within this thread. Frankly, the Secret Santa is a great example of how this thread has grown and how this thread has created that brotherhood. I've never participated in a Secret Santa anywhere else on the internet because I frankly felt I couldn't trust people, that wasn't even an issue to me with this SS.

Just a friendly reminder, she's mine :lol:

Missed my size during the Bluefly sale a few pages back, now I'm debating if I should pick these up or wait for the black or navy to go on sale again. I love brown shoes, I'm just not sure how I feel about brown sneakers. Thinking back I don't think I've ever owned a pair of brown sneakers, how versatile are they?

His name is Charles Melton. Actually, now that I think of it, he was my neighbor. I just thought it was interesting I saw him pop up.
Ahh. Crazy story, man.

Just go grab some Levi's. seriously, Zara is a fast fashion store and quality is always questionable
That's where the big bucks are at. Fast fashions are multi billion dollars firms.

i could rock with chukkas, but whats a nice pair... if you dont mind showing me
What's your price range?

Just a friendly reminder, she's mine :lol:
:lol: You can have her, my man. I need someone from the homeland :lol:

Missed my size during the Bluefly sale a few pages back, now I'm debating if I should pick these up or wait for the black or navy to go on sale again. I love brown shoes, I'm just not sure how I feel about brown sneakers. Thinking back I don't think I've ever owned a pair of brown sneakers, how versatile are they?

Speak of the devil. Thanks again to Sole for posting up the Tresbienshop link. I came home to this. $315 shipped. I would personally wait for them to show up again. If you don't think the brown pair would be versatile, just play the waiting game for the black or navy pair...it's just a matter of time, man.

Today's outfit:

Last edited:
Speak of the devil. Thanks again to Sole for posting up the Tresbienshop link. I came home to this. $315 shipped. I would personally wait for them to show up again. If you don't think the brown pair would be versatile, just play the waiting game for the black or navy pair...it's just a matter of time, man.

Today's outfit:

wj4 nice pick up! How do they fit?

Are you in the US? Did you have to pay any additional customs fees? With the VAT discount at Tresbien they come out to about $370 which isn't bad. If theres no additional charges I'd pull the trigger on the navy right now.

wj4 nice pick up! How do they fit?
Are you in the US? Did you have to pay any additional customs fees? With the VAT discount at Tresbien they come out to about $370 which isn't bad. If theres no additional charges I'd pull the trigger on the navy right now.
I'm in the USA. No custom fees (yet)..knock on wood. Out of the 10-15 pairs of shoes I got from the UK, I got hit with customs about 3-5 times. I usually just get a letter a week or two later to pay $50-70.

That price is about right. I got it for $319 because there was a code for $50 off.

They fit a bit big but that's whole sizing for you, no half sizes. I got a UK 7. Preferably would be a 6.5 UK, but it's alright.

Last edited:

new AEs from the amazon sale. Like them a lot!
Shoes are nice, but socks are nicer :smile: Looks like the shoes may not be for you though because you should be able to lace the "v" up to close or nearly closing position.

Last edited:
Thanks man. They are another pair of Vans.

I am still mainly a sneaker wearing dude. Casually, the only exceptions to sneakers I personally wear are DB's, duck boots, Top Siders, Timb's, and Red Wings. Other than that, I wear sneakers. The only time I'll wear a suit and /or tie, and "dress shoes" are to formal events, job interviews, etc.

Info on those vans

Back
Top Bottom