Dressing Better Vol 2.0

We talked about width of lapels a while back. Some of the folks are going against the grain of the slim lapels and going extra wide. The jacket by itself looks good, like in the picture below. But unless it has a proportional width tie, I think the ratio will be off

Last edited:
That's a great gift man. I got my girlfriend a Tiffany's Necklace + a few other things. Things are ridiculously expensive but worth it :rolleyes
This man's buying his sister in law red bottoms :wow: :lol:

Sister-in-law by title but she's definitely more a sister to me than a sister-in-law so my wife and I dropping cash on gifts like Louboutin's on occasions like her birthday or christmas is something I do happily. Maybe too much information, but this girl has always been my number one fan/supporter even when no one else in my wife's fam accepted me.

:wow: CL store in NYC?

Yeap, specifically the Madison Ave. store but I'm sure the one down in Horatio St. also has a sale on their seasonal stuff.

Great deal, Serg.
Went out to a dinner and wore this:

Cheers!

That was some good eating, but I gotta go to the gym double time tomorrow now :lol:

Thanks Wis, definitely was.

That's great man, my girls sister and I are also very close. I love her like my own sister. Like your situation, she's my biggest supporter, which is good because if all goes well I plan on proposing next year ( :wow: )

Thanks for the info man, I'll definitely be heading down to the CL on Madison tomorrow to pick my girl up a second gift! :D

We talked about width of lapels a while back. Some of the folks are going against the grain of the slim lapels and going extra wide. The jacket by itself looks good, like in the picture below. But unless it has a proportional width tie, I think the ratio will be off

I prefer a slim lapel with a slim tie, looks better by far in my opinion but the un-stylish will always have something to say :lol:

That's great man, my girls sister and I are also very close. I love her like my own sister. Like your situation, she's my biggest supporter, which is good because if all goes well I plan on proposing next year ( :wow: )
Thanks for the info man, I'll definitely be heading down to the CL on Madison tomorrow to pick my girl up a second gift! :D

Congrats!

They had these brown suede plain oxfords at CL for men but I couldn't bring myself to pay $900 for a pair that I'm almost certain that can't be resoled as it's not Goodyear Welted. Also part of it is I have no problem spending that much on my wife or my sister-in-law but besides going Bespoke, I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on myself. Case and point, these awesome wingtips that I just picked up or should say came in from Macy's today for $40. Actually got 2 pairs, but the other is for a co-worker/friend and well I ordered 2 pairs "to get free shipping" or at least that was the story I told my wife :lol:

Last edited:

Congrats!

They had these brown suede plain oxfords at CL for men but I couldn't bring myself to pay $900 for a pair that I'm almost certain that can't be resoled as it's not Goodyear Welted. Also part of it is I have no problem spending that much on my wife or my sister-in-law but besides going Bespoke, I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on myself. Case and point, these awesome wingtips that I just picked up or should say came in from Macy's today for $40. Actually got 2 pairs, but the other is for a co-worker/friend and well I ordered 2 pairs "to get free shipping" or at least that was the story I told my wife :lol:

Thank you my man!

About those CL Oxfords, they're not worth it. A buddy of mine got a pair two years back and the quality was not where it should have been for %800+

You're better off grabbing a pair of AE Oxford's. Better look anyway :wink:

Great deal:

http://perks.urbandaddy.com/national/kent-wang.html?sp_mid=5197312&sp_rid=ODE2MjU0MzIxNAS2

It's worth noting that you can use a promotion code ("X1FUS") to get 20% off your first purchase from UrbanDaddy, which makes the deal substantially better ($80 for $150 in credit).

A lot of stuff on Kent's site are great value for the price. I wanted several pocket squares that ran $45 a piece. I utilized this deal for the transition.

Thanks for the heads up man. Picking it up just for the Cufflinks and Pocket Square :lol:

Nothing but a bunch of self absorbed mofo's...and that's why y'all fall for the okeydoke every single time. Peeps on here doling out advice, looking for compliments, needy personalities, wanting to belong to something that should not matter, then having the nerve to suggest that this is the only reason that they come to this site, it is just flat out ridiculous.

See man, was this even nessesary?...of you feel such a way towards the people that post I here, why continuously come in here to stir the pot?...why come from left field with such a comment?...do you not see that is you that decided to alienate yourself from this thread?...

I try and not judge others and I believe in forgiveness, but don't try and pull the wool over people's eyes. It's one thing to lie and get caught......it's another to try and lie your way out of the initial lie.

Just admit the fault.....own it......and don't make the same mistake twice. Dressing better is the least of your concerns though my friend......Need to look fresh on the inside before any garment touches your frame.

Best of luck in the most non-condescending/pompous way possible.
Repped! dude is a horrible back-tracker. lol at him thinking people still believe he's associated in any way in the fashion industry. people not bringing it up solely are just ignoring him so he stops posting even more filth.

you got to work with timberlake before being a member on nt? i'll find the photographer and get back to you.

with an a-list star, NO ONE crops the face out. lol at trying to pull that off as if your "agency" did that on purpose and you just found it on your hard drive. it was a scheduled and planned shoot meaning gq knew what and whom they were getting. no need to keep it mysterious or just another model in clothing. smh. you really think that's working?

you could have pulled it off, but you literally named each article of clothing incorrectly. people in this industry, big or small, don't make those mistakes. clothes and fashion are their livelihood. you, more or less, know your trade. and with other things, your sister made bracelets? lol. not only did you make yourself a liar, but you bring your actual family into it? might be a pathological liar than a simple one. i think it's best that you apologize for the MULTIPLE lies (not to me, but the regulars in here) and start with a clean slate because, as of now, you just look like your dug your hole deeper as anyone with common sense knows you just made up even more crap.

:lol: I'm just ignoring things like this but "you got to work with timberlake before being a member on nt?"

Yeah because NT makes you famous :rofl: I've also been a member since 2005. This is my second account because the first ones name was even worse than this ones.

I made a mistake man, I answered everyone honestly, and apologized for all my wrongs to everyone.
lol. apparently you don't understand the word "ignore" if you continually keep trying to save face. anyways, mr. fashion. my post was in reference to the time-frame of the shoot. it was a little over 3 years ago and you really didn't have a set foot in the ground at that time as i gathered you're still and currently interning in your imaginary fashion world. regardless, i did a little search on that photographer and photo shoot. it was a closed set of 4 people not including timberlake.

1. peggy sirota
2. christy coleman
3. david kendall
4. patricia masterson

ohh yeah, the shoot took place in thousand oaks, california. you live in new york, no? they needed your "services" that badly to fly you out, ace?

p.s. you're still not fooling anyone in your deranged e-life that you made for yourself. it's not even borderline pathetic. it's just sad.

p.p.s. your incessant replies to each and every post just make it look like you're trying too hard. let the dust settle, man. your previous and rather arrogant responses when you fooled everyone compared to how you post now are the icing on the cake...

"wait for it............................j crew" smh

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bruh this is the first time ive ever been in this thread ever and i check the last 10 pages lookin like

XRtJ2_U18chan.jpg

how you gon fake pics but not even make an effort to fake it? dude really thought barely cropping the face out would make it a whole different pic or something? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dude tried to weasel his way out too cmon son :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
A my bad, I goofed would've been enough...

Remember dudes would go out in a blaze of glory when their e-persona was exposed. What happened to the e-suicide route of posting pon and getting perma-banned?

See man, was this even nessesary?...of you feel such a way towards the people that post I here, why continuously come in here to stir the pot?...why come from left field with such a comment?...do you not see that is you that decided to alienate yourself from this thread?...
It's not simply stirring the pot.

When people exhibit such presumptuous behaviours, certain observations are completely justified. 

I want to style my hair like this:

hair right now is like this but a bit longer:

are there like steps to get harvey specter hair? I tried using gel to do my hair like harvey's but it doesn't end up looking anywhere like it. 

american crew fiber
I can't even use American Crew stuff anymore, my hair is too long and it doesn't hold. I started using hair glue again. I've noticed in the last season and this upcoming one that Harvey has his hair a lot shorter. You just have to keep combing / brushing your hair to the side so it's easier to style later on.

Back
Top Bottom